All Ireland Quarter Final Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, August 02, 2014, 10:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Disappointed with this thread.

If this was Tyrone there'd be 60 pages of shit-talk by now. Mayo 90. Nothing here.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

O Neill did ye hear that we might consider looking to give Mc Geeney a shot at number 2 in Tyrone next year. 
Id say if Armagh win on Sunday thered be little chance. 

ONeill

I tell ye I'd love McGeeney up around Garvaghey. He'd put the thoughts of it being too cold up there in the bin.

McGeeney is perhaps the greatest living Ulsterman behind Neil Hannon and Michelle O'Neill.

ONeill

So how do Armagh beat Donegal?

They can't unless everything goes over in the first half. I mean half backs and the unsung heroes lamping it from the 50 and seeing it sail over. Armagh need to lead at half time and keep it tight the first 20 of the second. That's Donegal's game time. From 35-55 mins they win games by playing at a higher level that the first half.

If Jamie finally delivers for Armagh it'll be a great day. 2-3 early on.

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2014, 12:35:18 AM
I tell ye I'd love McGeeney up around Garvaghey. He'd put the thoughts of it being too cold up there in the bin.

McGeeney is perhaps the greatest living Ulsterman behind Neil Hannon and Michelle O'Neill.

Where does uncle Hugo come in?

ONeill

J70

Quote from: LCohen on August 07, 2014, 08:36:19 PM
Armagh would have done well to end the media ban at the beginning of the week and launch straight into an effort to alert Joe McQuillan to the issue with Donegal's tackling in the Ulster final. Far too much let that go and far too much child like reactions by Donegal players to any decision given against them

;D And over on the Dublin-Monaghan thread some of the Dublin supporters are complaining about Monaghan playing on the edge!

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2014, 12:39:22 AM

They can't unless everything goes over in the first half. I mean half backs and the unsung heroes lamping it from the 50 and seeing it sail over. Armagh need to lead at half time and keep it tight the first 20 of the second. That's Donegal's game time. From 35-55 mins they win games by playing at a higher level that the first half.

[/b]

What Jamie has been doing has helped Armagh win these last two matches. His vision/ability to set up other players for scores while the opposition drapes two guys on him frees up the other forwards. If Donegal covers him one on one he will light it up but in the meantime if Armagh can score from elsewhere when they double cover him it doesn't hurt Armagh but helps them. This will be a one point match decided at the whistle, hopefully going Armagh's way.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Zip Code

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2014, 12:06:04 AM
Disappointed with this thread.

If this was Tyrone there'd be 60 pages of shit-talk by now. Mayo 90. Nothing here.

And most of the Armagh talk is filled with Tyronies like you and rrfh obsessed with Armagh.

armaghniac

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 08, 2014, 03:49:09 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2014, 12:39:22 AM

[/b]

What Jamie has been doing has helped Armagh win these last two matches. His vision/ability to set up other players for scores while the opposition drapes two guys on him frees up the other forwards. If Donegal covers him one on one he will light it up but in the meantime if Armagh can score from elsewhere when they double cover him it doesn't hurt Armagh but helps them. This will be a one point match decided at the whistle, hopefully going Armagh's way.

Cross won many's the game by a large margin where few of these scores were against Jamie's name, but where the other forwards had made hay while the defence was preoccupied with him and where Jamie had won half a dozen scorable frees taken by a Kernan. Earlier in the season Armagh hadn't quite worked out how to do this, but they are getting the hang of it now with much better dynamics. Donegal might be too cute to fall for all of this, but nevertheless it is great to see things come together at last. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Would be nice to see Armagh winning this one ( and make us look good too) but I can only see one winner here - Donegal by 2.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lawnseed

Hold on. If tyrone were facing donegal on saturday having just did what armagh have done everynody would be saying tyrones going to beat donegal. Armagh hammered tyrone rosscommon and meath. If they got monaghan now theyed beat them. Armagh are going to beat donegal in the game of the championship. I think theres more in this team I dont think theyve peaked yet and the more games they get the better they get..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Rossfan

Quote from: lawnseed on August 08, 2014, 11:52:47 AM
Hold on. If tyrone were facing donegal on saturday having just did what armagh have done everynody would be saying tyrones going to beat donegal. Armagh hammered tyrone rosscommon and meath. If they got monaghan now theyed beat them. Armagh are going to beat donegal in the game of the championship. I think theres more in this team I dont think theyve peaked yet and the more games they get the better they get..
Keep your feet on the ground buicín and aisy on the hyperbole.
I think I may be revising my opinion of hoping Armagh win.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Relax lads. We'll all know where we stand after tomorrow.

Armamike

One of the big differences this year from previous, and which has seen Armagh progess much further, is the lack of reliance on Clarke.  Previously everything was kicked into Clarke and now the play is more varied and structured to bring other forwards and backs into the scoring zone.  Armagh obviously have worked on getting the ball and players into the main scoring zone, which the conversion chances are much higher. Hasn't happened by accident and credit to the management for changing things around so much the past few months.  Having said all that it would be great to see Clarke light up tomorrow but Donegal don't do romance.
That's just, like your opinion man.