All Ireland Quarter Final Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, August 02, 2014, 10:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

Quote from: haranguerer on August 06, 2014, 11:18:55 AM
Translink are f**king thieves - on their deals page they've got a 'special' train to dublin from belfast for the game at the bargain price of £29 per adult - only £19 more than their usual saturday day return price.

And surprise surprise, when you try to get their standard day return ticket, it states they've used up the web allocation.  >:(

You can save a bit on the 29 quid.
Book a single on the internet for the train from Dublin to Belfast at 14-99 in Euros.
Book the 12-30pm express bus on the internet from Belfast to Dublin at 11-50 Euros for a single (or 9-20 sterling).
Get out at Busáras in Dublin and dander over to Connolly and collect your train ticket there so you don't have to wait in the kiosk queue when you are going back.

armaghniac

Quote from: haranguerer on August 06, 2014, 11:37:48 AM
They're a shower of c**ts, I went on to book it there and seen that, gonna have to f**king drive now.

Strange that, a fixture known since Saturday and by Wednesday all of the web special fares are gone. Quick off the mark, them Armagh followers, lets hope the team also have a good first half.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

haranguerer

Quote from: armaghniac on August 06, 2014, 12:57:54 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 06, 2014, 11:37:48 AM
They're a shower of c**ts, I went on to book it there and seen that, gonna have to f**king drive now.

Strange that, a fixture known since Saturday and by Wednesday all of the web special fares are gone. Quick off the mark, them Armagh followers, lets hope the team also have a good first half.

If you're anything to go by, they're not that quick. They've put on a special at £29, when their usual special for the same is £10. Thats my point.

Re the web allocated fares, given that they're putting a train on specifically for the match, its in their interest not to sell any at the cheaper price. I was implying that they withdrew the web fare from the normal trains - it states you can still buy walk-on tickets.

Cheers drici.

J70

Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2014, 09:59:51 AM
Put your money on Donegal to beat Dublin

Former Donegal star Brendan Devenney is convinced that Donegal would have the measure of All-Ireland champions Dublin were the two teams to meet in an All-Ireland SFC semi-final.

Both teams have a bit of work to do before that scenario arises but former ace attacker Devenney told the Irish Daily Star: "Donegal would win. No doubt.

"I just think when a tough defence meets a tough attack it's easier to lock down a 45 than open it up.

"This strength in depth that Dublin have - if their top six can't break the defence, the other lads coming in aren't going to have much joy.

"I think when there's players coming off the bench it suit when a game is opening up. But, you see with Donegal, it never does open up.

"There is a lot of hype and if it does end up happening I think Donegal will be out to say 'we're going to stop your forward line'.

"And I think Dublin have their own problems in defence.

"Outside of Michael Darragh Macauley, they don't know who to be playing alongside him in midfield."

Devenney is expected star Donegal forward duo Michael Murphy and Colm McFadden to up their respective displays once they hit Croke Park.

"I think we haven't really seen Murphy and McFadden shine that much this year.

"If they were to play well, I just think Donegal's defence would relish that forward line.

"I think you saw in 2011 - I know they're different kind of teams from then but you saw it against Monaghan as well. Monaghan have a good forward line.

"I think when (Vinny) Corey hit that point, it was 43 or 44 minutes and it was just their second point from play.

"I know Dublin might get through them a bit more. But, Donegal were double scores better than Monaghan."

Donegal already talking of beating Dublin and they haven't even played a quarter final yet. Fair play to Devenney though for saying what he really thinks and I actually agree with him here as well.

The media have been talking about Dublin meeting Donegal since the Ulster final. What's the big deal about Devenney giving his opinion?  Does anyone pass any remarks when people talk about Mayo potentially meeting the Dubs? No one is taking their quarter final for granted,  except maybe most people outside of the Dublin and Monaghan camps when it comes to their match.

BTW, beyond being a club mate of Rory Kavanagh,  I'm not aware of any direct connection between the Donegal squad and Devenney.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: mackers on August 06, 2014, 10:52:01 AM
McKeever wouldn't have been picking up McFadden anyway....I'd put James Morgan on him.....James isn't playing particularly well at the min but he's the sort of aggressive back that McFadden doesn't like....I seem to remember him complaining after the league match of rough house tactics....he doesn't like it up him!!

McFadden is one of the most overrated players in the country. Laughable that he was a candidate for player of the year in 2012. Decent free taker, that's about it.

J70

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 06, 2014, 09:23:18 PM
Quote from: mackers on August 06, 2014, 10:52:01 AM
McKeever wouldn't have been picking up McFadden anyway....I'd put James Morgan on him.....James isn't playing particularly well at the min but he's the sort of aggressive back that McFadden doesn't like....I seem to remember him complaining after the league match of rough house tactics....he doesn't like it up him!!

McFadden is one of the most overrated players in the country. Laughable that he was a candidate for player of the year in 2012. Decent free taker, that's about it.

Pathetic attempt!  ;D

Wildweasel74

Oh there is a statement that could be a ass biter down the line, doesnt seem to be on form this year but still a good player, though i play Murphy the closer to nets if i had to pick

lawnseed

Jeez motivation on a plate! Mcguiness and gavin squaring up in croker and theyre not past monaghan or armagh yet.. Just what the respective managers of armagh and monaghan want.. Like red rags to dressing rooms full of bulls.. Reminds me of fermanagh v armagh and tyrone v mayo double header..  And what happens to favourites in gaa football
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

J70

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 06, 2014, 10:59:47 PM
Oh there is a statement that could be a ass biter down the line, doesnt seem to be on form this year but still a good player, though i play Murphy the closer to nets if i had to pick

Not on form at all this year, which could be costly Saturday.

J70

Quote from: lawnseed on August 07, 2014, 01:11:34 AM
Jeez motivation on a plate! Mcguiness and gavin squaring up in croker and theyre not past monaghan or armagh yet.. Just what the respective managers of armagh and monaghan want.. Like red rags to dressing rooms full of bulls.. Reminds me of fermanagh v armagh and tyrone v mayo double header..  And what happens to favourites in gaa football

Yeah, I'd expect Armagh and Monaghan to hit their respective opponents like a tonne of bricks. Up to McGuinness and Gavin to make sure THEIR teams are prepared for it and motivated.

Orior

It is good to see Peter McDonnell on the management team. I think he was treated very badly when he was in charge
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

LCohen

Armagh would have done well to end the media ban at the beginning of the week and launch straight into an effort to alert Joe McQuillan to the issue with Donegal's tackling in the Ulster final. Far too much let that go and far too much child like reactions by Donegal players to any decision given against them 

rrhf

I feel Armagh will beat done gal to set up a meeting with the dubs. I think they have a more than decent chance of an all Ireland this year.  What way would the Armagh people compare this team to say the class of 99 breakthrough team.

ardchieftain

I've been saying for the last year that it feels like 98/99 all over again. Comparing the teams from different eras is a futile exercise but i feel that this championship run will really improve the squad for next season. There are a lot of inexperienced lads in the team at present, so these games against decent teams in the pressure cooker environment of championship football, will bring these lads on in leaps and bounds. Another year of strength and conditioning and fitness will also improve the squad.

As for this year, Mckeever and Caolan Rafferty are big losses for this weekend's game. Can Armagh beat Donegal? Maybe not this year, but we'll give them a serious rattle and who knows how it will pan out.

yellowcard

Quote from: rrhf on August 07, 2014, 10:46:50 PM
I feel Armagh will beat done gal to set up a meeting with the dubs. I think they have a more than decent chance of an all Ireland this year.  What way would the Armagh people compare this team to say the class of 99 breakthrough team.

A classic case of a Tyrone fan trying to prepare himself should his worst case scenario happen and Armagh get to an AI final. Not that it is likely to happen anyway in the opinion of any rational Armagh supporters I have spoken with. It is nice all the same to hear Tyrone fans try and build Armagh up to try and minimise any potential slagging or pain that they feel were we to actually beat Donegal.

The general feeling is that we have over achieved in getting this far and that Donegal will win this game by 4 or 5 points. This present side have shown great character and doggedness that had been lost for a few years and will put up stern resistance but I think Donegal will eventually frustrate us into submission as they suck us into congested zones, force quick turnovers and counter punch at killer speed.