All Ireland Quarter Final Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, August 02, 2014, 10:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: J70 on August 05, 2014, 06:40:59 PM
Apparently we've got McQuillan. Could be a lot worse!

Anyone but Marty Duffy! I think the Dubs and Monaghan got lumbered with him this week.

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on August 05, 2014, 06:45:09 PM

Anyone but Marty Duffy! I think the Dubs and Monaghan got lumbered with him this week.

Looking forward to that one now.

Throw ball

No frees for Jamie again then. Should help Donegal even more.

lawnseed

Mckeever big miss for marking mcfadden. He can sow him up no bother. The younger lads may struggle abit. Im confident about this game I think we can do it by 8pts. The lads are right clarke is taking the heat off two or three forwards just running about. It up to those free men to get the scores. I only see primary poscession from our own kickouts as a danger
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

JP

Quote from: lawnseed on August 05, 2014, 10:39:33 PM
Mckeever big miss for marking mcfadden. He can sow him up no bother. The younger lads may struggle abit. Im confident about this game I think we can do it by 8pts. The lads are right clarke is taking the heat off two or three forwards just running about. It up to those free men to get the scores. I only see primary poscession from our own kickouts as a danger

8 points?? I'll have to start ordering the same drink as yourself lol That is wildly over optimistic. I'd say both teams will glady settle for a scrappy one point win.

lawnseed

If armagh get the kickouts sorted they'll stuff donegal.. 8pts no problem.. I dont drink.. B-)

lawnseed

Armagh called press conference tonight. Croke park asked them to drop thier boycott.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: lawnseed on August 06, 2014, 08:29:36 AM
If armagh get the kickouts sorted they'll stuff donegal.. 8pts no problem.. I dont drink.. B-)

Maybe you should drink...ye might make more sense!

Dont Matter

This game has the makings of a good book with all the stories that will come out of it. Probably a war novel, the pre game action will be something to behold in itself.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

illdecide

Armagh are up against it on Sat, this is a big step up from the opposition we've been playing recently but we can still win it for sure but we'll need everything to fall into place for us on the day. Armagh have been playing well in patches but for me there is still too many times in a game where we switch off and let the other team run riot and to be fair we haven't really got punished for it yet so we can't afford to do that on Sat, i know every team has their own spells in a game anyway but we def need to be more clinical this weekend...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

yellowcard

Put your money on Donegal to beat Dublin

Former Donegal star Brendan Devenney is convinced that Donegal would have the measure of All-Ireland champions Dublin were the two teams to meet in an All-Ireland SFC semi-final.

Both teams have a bit of work to do before that scenario arises but former ace attacker Devenney told the Irish Daily Star: "Donegal would win. No doubt.

"I just think when a tough defence meets a tough attack it's easier to lock down a 45 than open it up.

"This strength in depth that Dublin have - if their top six can't break the defence, the other lads coming in aren't going to have much joy.

"I think when there's players coming off the bench it suit when a game is opening up. But, you see with Donegal, it never does open up.

"There is a lot of hype and if it does end up happening I think Donegal will be out to say 'we're going to stop your forward line'.

"And I think Dublin have their own problems in defence.

"Outside of Michael Darragh Macauley, they don't know who to be playing alongside him in midfield."

Devenney is expected star Donegal forward duo Michael Murphy and Colm McFadden to up their respective displays once they hit Croke Park.

"I think we haven't really seen Murphy and McFadden shine that much this year.

"If they were to play well, I just think Donegal's defence would relish that forward line.

"I think you saw in 2011 - I know they're different kind of teams from then but you saw it against Monaghan as well. Monaghan have a good forward line.

"I think when (Vinny) Corey hit that point, it was 43 or 44 minutes and it was just their second point from play.

"I know Dublin might get through them a bit more. But, Donegal were double scores better than Monaghan."

Donegal already talking of beating Dublin and they haven't even played a quarter final yet. Fair play to Devenney though for saying what he really thinks and I actually agree with him here as well.

mackers

Devenney is another windbag a la Parkinson....best ignored.

Quote from: lawnseed on August 05, 2014, 10:39:33 PM
McKeever wouldn't have been picking up McFadden anyway....I'd put James Morgan on him.....James isn't playing particularly well at the min but he's the sort of aggressive back that McFadden doesn't like....I seem to remember him complaining after the league match of rough house tactics....he doesn't like it up him!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

haranguerer

Translink are f**king thieves - on their deals page they've got a 'special' train to dublin from belfast for the game at the bargain price of £29 per adult - only £19 more than their usual saturday day return price.

And surprise surprise, when you try to get their standard day return ticket, it states they've used up the web allocation.  >:(

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

haranguerer

They're a shower of c**ts, I went on to book it there and seen that, gonna have to f**king drive now.