Come On Mayo - We're Right Behind You

Started by ONeill, July 15, 2014, 12:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: blanketattack on August 19, 2014, 12:04:01 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 18, 2014, 07:42:04 PM
Back home here in Mayo, there is a very low key atmosphere. Less than a week away from our AI semi final clash with Kerry.  Many feel we have a chance of beating Kerry for the first time in 18 years. Actually many fans are enjoying this year. There is no pressure. And I mean no pressure. As far as all are concerned Dublin have the title won.

No pressure but if Mayo don't win this year Horan and his backroom staff will be gone and send Mayo back to the dark ages

Surely Donie Buckley will want the big gig?

moysider

Back home here in Mayo, there is a very low key atmosphere. Less than a week away from our AI semi final clash with Kerry.  Many feel we have a chance of beating Kerry for the first time in 18 years. Actually many fans are enjoying this year. There is no pressure. And I mean no pressure. As far as all are concerned Dublin have the title won.

No pressure but if Mayo don't win this year Horan and his backroom staff will be gone and send Mayo back to the dark ages

Looks like a lot of people don t get it! Mayo don t do Dark Ages. The issue is do we lose the semi or AI final? Either way we will probably be back in last 4 next year.

Look, Horan has been a fine manager but if he had 5% more he could have won 2 AIs by now. He went with his convictions but they were not necessarily the bet options. As long as Mayo appoint competent managers we will be always be thereabouts. Dark Ages me hole. Where ye from Blanket?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: moysider on August 19, 2014, 12:32:11 AM

Looks like a lot of people don t get it! Mayo don t do Dark Ages. The issue is do we lose the semi or AI final? Either way we will probably be back in last 4 next year.

Look, Horan has been a fine manager but if he had 5% more he could have won 2 AIs by now. He went with his convictions but they were not necessarily the bet options. As long as Mayo appoint competent managers we will be always be thereabouts. Dark Ages me hole. Where ye from Blanket?
1952 to 1988 Mayo didn't win any championship game in Croke park. Dark ages or all competent managers?

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 19, 2014, 12:43:02 AM

1952 to 1988 Mayo didn't win any championship game in Croke park. Dark ages or all competent managers?

Just Dermot Earley and Sean Purcell.

rossiewanderer

Mayo are adopting a new media spin this year,Last year was the year of the understated

"ah sure ya wouldnt even know twas all Ireland week here in Mayo,hardly any flags out"

This year its different all bullish and in your face

"to hell with ye we are being hounded from all corners and by jaysus we'l show ye"

I can see Mayo taking Kerry but I cant help but feel last year was their chance to beat Dublin.

Msgr. Horan

Quote from: rossiewanderer on August 19, 2014, 12:59:51 AM
Mayo are adopting a new media spin this year,Last year was the year of the understated

"ah sure ya wouldnt even know twas all Ireland week here in Mayo,hardly any flags out"

This year its different all bullish and in your face

"to hell with ye we are being hounded from all corners and by jaysus we'l show ye"

I can see Mayo taking Kerry but I cant help but feel last year was their chance to beat Dublin.
Any chance of a bit of evidence of that media spin there Rossie man? Good lad

AZOffaly

Kerry man I believe. Mind games.

Msgr. Horan

Quote from: Syferus on August 19, 2014, 12:08:32 AM

I was thinking this the other day, who next. Heard rumours that Jack o'Connor is being tapped up already.
Ideally we would stay in the county but not sure who their is, naturally you should look at the succesful clubs and see who there is, Castlebar are obviously kings at the moment but I think we've been there done that with Pat Holmes and while he did win a national league dont think he could bring enough to get us over the line. Who else is there? Enda Gilvarry has done a fine job with the minors and certainly seems to be a good man for the right tactical switch to change a game, maybe its too early for him.
So ladies and gents, what ye will see in the minor match this Sunday is not just Mayo trying to retain their crown as all ireland champions but the battle for the Mayo senior manager job next year!

Mayo4Sam

We'll be going with our all Ireland winning manager Kevin mc
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 19, 2014, 02:18:10 PM

Reckon he'd prefer the Ros U21 job so he can fit his army duties and RTE work around it  ;)

Top man for a Mayo man.

Msgr. Horan

Sure hasnt he his heart set on the Kildare job when it comes up again, plenty of media exposure, no expectation and done and dusted by late July so you can get back to the telly. Sure he'd have to lose the telly job if he went for Mayo. AND he'd bring the long legged one with him and that ship has sailed already. The man who looked at the size of the calves of the Kerry players before the 2004 final and apparently knew then we were fecked. Please.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on August 19, 2014, 02:21:09 PM

Reckon he'd prefer the Ros U21 job so he can fit his army duties and RTE work around it  ;)

Top man for a Mayo man.

Still in the army is he?

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 19, 2014, 11:32:23 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 19, 2014, 02:21:09 PM

Top man for a Mayo man.

Still in the army is he?

Was his re-stationing to the Curragh that meant he couldn't give the Brigids job more than a year, so unless he's retired in the last 12 months?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

The weirdest All-Ireland semi-final in history. Both teams know they'd be better off losing this one.