Cavan v Roscommon - AIQ Round 2 (12/07/14)

Started by Syferus, June 30, 2014, 08:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Collie Brolly

Quote from: rrhf on June 30, 2014, 10:58:52 AM
If Cavan need any tips on how to bate Roscommon, Just call us.

It's Sam they're after and well u know the rest.....:-D:-D:-D:-D

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 30, 2014, 09:40:44 PM
Ross4life, how did the challenge against Sligo finish?

I heard it was something like 3-16 to 0-9. Would be interested in a report. We are in a bad place by the sounds of it.

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 01, 2014, 09:42:17 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on June 30, 2014, 09:40:44 PM
Ross4life, how did the challenge against Sligo finish?

I heard it was something like 3-16 to 0-9. Would be interested in a report. We are in a bad place by the sounds of it.

Ye still have a shot. Wicklow did best ye in Aughrim in 2011 so it's no gimme but they are quite a limited side that couldn't even make it out of D4 and were out of their depth in D3 last year. A R4 appearance is within yer grasp and that's something we'll be quite fortunate to see.

Collie Brolly

Only 5 days to go to the battle of Breffni.A venue I don't mind visiting.Any word on a time lads,surely be 5 r 7?

Syferus

Quote from: Collie Brolly on July 07, 2014, 12:15:48 PM
Only 5 days to go to the battle of Breffni.A venue I don't mind visiting.Any word on a time lads,surely be 5 r 7?

If it's live on TV it can only be 7pm. Hopefully not.

Collie Brolly

Wouldn't you think Sky would steer clear of Offaly after the first game? They were offaly bad.... Bet ye never heard that one before!The nearer it gets to Saturday the more nervous I am.
I fully expect Diarmuid to start and maybe Conor Daly.I would start Ends Smith but I don't think Johneen will do that.I don't think Enda can make as good an ,impact off the bench.

Blue in hope

Match fixed for 6 pm in Breffni on saturday.

Shrewdness

Who's the ref for this game? Hope it's neither of the Duffy's.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 07, 2014, 02:25:29 PM
Who's the ref for this game? Hope it's neither of the Duffy's.

Michael was thrown off the elite panel.

Itchy

Barry Cassidy of Derry, he's a decent ref imo.

rodney trotter

I've seen him ref a few Cavan games in the past and he was fairly dire Cavan - Monaghan in the League last year for example, hopefully a good performance on Saturday for both teams.

Itchy

You'd need eye in the back of your head for the monaghan lads.

rodney trotter

It was a mystery Dick Clerkin stayed on the field that night.

Westside

He reffed the Ulster U21 Final in 2012 as I recall and did us a few favours that night. He's decent I think.

Word coming from the Rossie camp is very positive according to my sheepstealer sources, hammered teams in their last few challenges and the U21 lads tearing it up, relishing the trip to Breffni. Word from our own camp nowhere near as positive, still injury plagued and the manner of the victory against Westmeath was hardly a confidence booster. Home advantage will still count for something but the closer we get to the game the more I think we could be looking at a 6+ point win for Roscommon.

Syferus

Quote from: Westside on July 07, 2014, 11:39:35 PM
He reffed the Ulster U21 Final in 2012 as I recall and did us a few favours that night. He's decent I think.

Word coming from the Rossie camp is very positive according to my sheepstealer sources, hammered teams in their last few challenges and the U21 lads tearing it up, relishing the trip to Breffni. Word from our own camp nowhere near as positive, still injury plagued and the manner of the victory against Westmeath was hardly a confidence booster. Home advantage will still count for something but the closer we get to the game the more I think we could be looking at a 6+ point win for Roscommon.

They were only Connacht teams to be fair.