R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Someone thread on an Armagh players toes??? Why has this not come to light before? Some players just cross the line and ruin the game for everyone.
That was never a square ball!!

Throw ball

Thought the thread needed another kick start. ;)

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 17, 2014, 08:07:45 PM
Someone thread on an Armagh players toes??? Why has this not come to light before? Some players just cross the line and ruin the game for everyone.

Exactly. Tyrone has a large number who cross the line and ruin the game for everyone. Players and supporters.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

macdanger2

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 17, 2014, 07:37:44 AM
I don't want McKeever suspended. I want to see a full strength Armagh team go out against the Rossies. I just think its laughable that the same posters/columnists/pundits who dragged Cavanagh over hot coals for the last two seasons for being too physical when taking McManus down and then not being "manly" enough whilst buying frees are condoning the cowardly blindside attack on him.

Level playing field for all please and call a spade a spade.

Spot on, TSG crew seem to get awful het up about some incidents and don't even notice others.  Looks like a dirty stroke from McKeever, nothing manly or hard about it

general_lee

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 17, 2014, 08:06:25 PM
Just when I thought it was all dying down and ye Ourma boys were trying to concentrate on the next game.

Your last paragraph actually made me LOL.
Your first is totally unreal. The man runs 20 yards to elbow a man who was acting peace maker. Unreal
What exactly is your definition of 'elbowing' someone?

Usually entails the swinging back of the arm with the elbow aimed at the person on receiving end. McKeever clearly ran at Cavanagh leading with the arm up. Elbow? Nah bai.

Yes he's a thug - just watch him for his club he acts the cnut on numerous occasions with little or no provocation - it's just his game and 9 times out of 10 it works.

What he did on Sunday was sly enough but there has been far far worse done and you are exaggerating the fcuk out of this.

BennyHarp

Quote from: general_lee on July 17, 2014, 10:09:32 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 17, 2014, 08:06:25 PM
Just when I thought it was all dying down and ye Ourma boys were trying to concentrate on the next game.

Your last paragraph actually made me LOL.
Your first is totally unreal. The man runs 20 yards to elbow a man who was acting peace maker. Unreal
What exactly is your definition of 'elbowing' someone?

Usually entails the swinging back of the arm with the elbow aimed at the person on receiving end. McKeever clearly ran at Cavanagh leading with the arm up. Elbow? Nah bai.

Yes he's a thug - just watch him for his club he acts the cnut on numerous occasions with little or no provocation - it's just his game and 9 times out of 10 it works.

What he did on Sunday was sly enough but there has been far far worse done and you are exaggerating the fcuk out of this.

Yes, but if Conor Gormley had done the same to Jamie Clarke the internet would have melted by now and the Sunday Game would have had an extended show on Sunday night to facilitate more hand wringing. 

Armaghgeddon

Can't believe this is still being talked about.

Every team needs/has players like this. McKeever will do whatever it takes to piss the opposition off and like someone previously said 9/10 times it works. Sean has been around long enough to know that this stuff happens in sport and has not cried about it. Whether you like it or not, it happens.

Football is turning into a sport like Rugby where the referee can give a free/card for anything they like. Gaelic football is a contact sport and I would prefer it to be hard hitting rather than be something like soccer.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 17, 2014, 11:08:42 PM
Can't believe this is still being talked about.

Every team needs/has players like this. McKeever will do whatever it takes to get piss the opposition off and like someone previously said 9/10 times it works. Sean has been around long enough to know that this stuff happens in sport and has not cried about it. Whether you like it or not, it happens.

Football is turning into a sport like Rugby where the referee can give a free/card for anything they like. Gaelic football is a contact sport and I would prefer it to be hard hitting rather than be something like soccer.

Absolutely - and these sort of things can be talked about for 11 years later if you aren't careful.

Fuzzman

It's still being talked about cos Throw Ball said he wanted to kick start it again
When I read General Lee and so many other Armagh posters comments and see how few of you amazingly don't see that much wrong with this challenge, I can now understand a bit better at least why so many of you could never admit Marsden was the one who actually raised his hands and was therefore in the wrong, even though he was provoked.

For anyone to look at that video or this PIC and to NOT say that McKeever sprinted at Sean with his elbow pointed ready to hit is kidding themselves.
He might not have caught him on the chin but he went for it full on from the blind side.
Surely the fact that so many neutrals now say the same has meant some of your colleagues have moved on.
But no, not all of ye

Armaghgeddon

My take on it is If Sean Cavanagh was so concerned with keeping the peace he should have been pulling his Tyronie team mates away from the melee but there he is pictured pulling at an Armagh player who isn't actually doing anything. Tyrone got away with plenty of dirty tackles over the last decade, don't start pointing the finger now that the tables have turned.

Sean is known for introducing elements of other sports into Gaelic football so McKeever thought he would see if Sean was up for a bit of Karate. No harm done.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 17, 2014, 11:47:11 PM
My take on it is If Sean Cavanagh was so concerned with keeping the peace he should have been pulling his Tyronie team mates away from the melee but there he is pictured pulling at an Armagh player who isn't actually doing anything.

Yeah, so he deserved to an elbow (sorry, forearm  ::)) lobbed into his face from his blindside.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 17, 2014, 11:52:27 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 17, 2014, 11:47:11 PM
My take on it is If Sean Cavanagh was so concerned with keeping the peace he should have been pulling his Tyronie team mates away from the melee but there he is pictured pulling at an Armagh player who isn't actually doing anything.

Yeah, so he deserved to an elbow (sorry, forearm  ::)) lobbed into his face from his blindside.

I am not saying that he deserved a forearm to the face - and I will admit it was a dirty hit. However like I said, he should have been pulling at his own players.

Armaghgeddon

Could have poked him in the eye  :o

Throw ball

We have been waiting 9 years to be in a position to wind up youse Tyrone ones. You are making it too easy.

Syferus

Is this persecution complex passed by beating an infected team? Ah Jesus. We might be better off losing on Saturday.