R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Well said JOG and I wish more "Neutrals" would pass their comment. Muppet made his point that it looked bad but would need to see it on video but then didn't comment again since.

Quote from: orangeman on July 16, 2014, 10:06:49 AM
Mc Keever will do whatever he needs to in order to win. Tyrone would love to have him on their team in the same way that most would have loved Mc Menamin on their team. If Tyrone are to be serious competitors again, they're going to have to find a few Mc Keever like defenders.

Totally agree with these lines. Until Mickey stops picking nicey nicey ball players who can run all day then we're going nowhere.

It's fine for yis up there wanting to move on but all ye can go back to your club football now. I have to take the kids to support the "wonderful" Dubs now this Sunday and decide who I hate more Meath or Dublin.
There's not even a WC match on afterwards for God Sake.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

rrhf

What we seen was what we call in the game a "yella hit" but the yella hit is over and done with and Im sure Mc Keever wishes he had faced up man to man to Sean even from his own hard man reputation point of view which is now in tatters.   
Lads let it go game over what happens on the field stays on the field.  Best of luck to Armagh in the Roscommon game. 

DennistheMenace

McKeever is up there with the most unlikeable players in Ireland in my humble opinion.

naka

Quote from: DennistheMenace on July 16, 2014, 01:01:12 PM
McKeever is up there with the most unlikeable players in Ireland in my humble opinion.
I am sure mc keever is stressed over that
For most of us in Armagh we are more than happy that when there is a battle to be faced he won't step back.

From the Bunker

The Dangerous thing for Tyrone Football is that when Mickey is gone he is gone. Rarely do Managers come back and have major success on their second stint.

John O'Mahoney, Brian McEniff, Billy Morgan, Jon Maughan, Ger Loughnane are examples. The freshness is not there and the game has moved on and you are playing catch up. Plus you are older and the smaller things become a little harder to deal with.

Mickey came through from underage with the old gang. He knew their strengths and weaknesses at an early age. The present group are more foreign to him. And should he take a sabbatical, the next group would be even stranger.

yellowcard

Would Peter Canavan not be the obvious successor to Harte were he to step aside? Or would Tyrone fans not rate Canavan as a manager? I'm struggling to think of too many other viable candidates for the job as its a complete rebuilding job that is required.

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 16, 2014, 01:23:09 PM
The Dangerous thing for Tyrone Football is that when Mickey is gone he is gone. Rarely do Managers come back and have major success on their second stint.

John O'Mahoney, Brian McEniff, Billy Morgan, Jon Maughan, Ger Loughnane are examples. The freshness is not there and the game has moved on and you are playing catch up. Plus you are older and the smaller things become a little harder to deal with.

Mickey came through from underage with the old gang. He knew their strengths and weaknesses at an early age. The present group are more foreign to him. And should he take a sabbatical, the next group would be even stranger.

I wouldn't count McEniff in that group. Won Ulster titles in his first few stints as Donegal manager,  came back to bring us an AI title,  and even as basically a caretaker ten years ago, took us to an AI semi we were unlucky to lose in 03.

WT4E

@Woolberto: Elbow to the head followed by a neck choke manoeuvre...Standard stuff from that charming fellow Kieran McKeever https://t.co/j3fvCp2DIw

I see parkinson has seen the mckeever incident!

J70

Just saw the Sunday Game highlights there. Yes, it was a dirty, corwardly hit. The "melee" started over nothing too! Maybe O'Se was right in his column today.

sensethetone

Has McKeever gotten away with his attack on Sean Cavanagh, or will video footage be used for a suspension for striking?

Moortown Spuds

I don't want McKeever suspended. I want to see a full strength Armagh team go out against the Rossies. I just think its laughable that the same posters/columnists/pundits who dragged Cavanagh over hot coals for the last two seasons for being too physical when taking McManus down and then not being "manly" enough whilst buying frees are condoning the cowardly blindside attack on him.

Level playing field for all please and call a spade a spade.

Shamrock Shore

Good piece on 'Off the Ball' on Newstalk yesterday evening about the Daragh article and about the shenanigans in Arma v T'rone.

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/10/11365/16th_July_2014_-_Off_The_Ball_Part_1

Hate seeing cowardly belts on a pitch - McKeever's ticked all my boxes of hate  >:(

muppet

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 17, 2014, 12:29:02 PM
Good piece on 'Off the Ball' on Newstalk yesterday evening about the Daragh article and about the shenanigans in Arma v T'rone.

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/10/11365/16th_July_2014_-_Off_The_Ball_Part_1

Hate seeing cowardly belts on a pitch - McKeever's ticked all my boxes of hate  >:(

+1

Should get a suspension. I don't care who he is or who they play next.
MWWSI 2017

Throw ball

Quote from: muppet on July 17, 2014, 01:31:20 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 17, 2014, 12:29:02 PM

+1

Should get a suspension. I don't care who he is or who they play next.

No more cowardly an act than those players who come in to challenges deliberately late or leave the knee in.

As much as Armagh would find it difficult to argue if McKeever was suspended the assumptions by Dara and Newstalk that Armagh started rows deliberately is wrong. Cavan started the row first time round and there was no real row in the Tyrone game.

As a passing thought could it not be suggested that Tyrone wanted to start roughing Armagh up at the start when we see both Armagh midfielders subjected to head high challenges at the throw in. Although I have no video evidence I know that the Tyrone numbers 5 and 6 were threading on their opponents toes prior to throw in. As Aidan Forker is not as placid as Stefan Campbell he reacted and it is from there that the 'gathering' developed.

Fuzzman

Just when I thought it was all dying down and ye Ourma boys were trying to concentrate on the next game.

Your last paragraph actually made me LOL.
Your first is totally unreal. The man runs 20 yards to elbow a man who was acting peace maker. Unreal