R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Armagh beat Cavan and drew with Monaghan away and beat Tyrone away.Little doubt that they are the third best team in Ulster currently

babarino

Good stuff Armagh, breaking the 7 day hoodoo.

I didn't give youse a a chance. Happy to be proven wrong. We may meet again.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Could see this coming a mile away. Mickey Harte is a legend and aways will be but he has had a very poor year.  I said on here months ago that he needed to establish his best team and stick with it rather than the constant changes game to game that seems to have become his way in recent years.  There has been no continuity and the team has been a mess. The changes often seem to be entirely random.   think that the talk of Tyrone not having the players is wrong.  There are some very talented players indeed and whilst they aren't AI contenders they are much better than the disjointed performances seen this summer.Most definitley time for a change.

Fair play to Armagh on a deserved win and good luck for the rest of the summer.

T Fearon

Armagh showing great character, both today and coming back to draw with Monaghan, however spruning so many chances will cost dearly. Everyone praying for a showdown next weekend against Kildare! What a clash that would be!

rrhf

I know from genuine Armagh football people how the lack of support for Grimley me geeney and the team beforehand was   gutting. Will the online basher s come on here this evening and give a renewed vote of confidence in the management and players or are they just going to hope everyone forgets.  To push on from this Armagh supporters on here would need to show the proper support that is typical of counties that win   things.

ardchieftain

My face hurts from grinning. It's been a long time since i left healy park in this mood. The only downside was that we only won by 3. Andy Mallon my man of the match, with excellent performances from Jamie, Harold, Findon and many more. The rebuilding process is ticking along nicely. UP THE ORCHARD

T Fearon

I was one who gave Armagh little chance today,but like hordes of Armagh fans I was in Healy Park today. That's the loyalty test.Management certainly seem to have instilled character and effective defensive systems but 17 wides today shows much work still to be done.

Main Street

On the contrary to some weak hearted Armagh fans, I gave them my vote of confidence to beat Tyrone.

Well done and all that and maybe now ye can stop whining about that finger pressure push on McEvoy.

rrhf

Quote from: T Fearon on July 13, 2014, 09:27:13 PM
I was one who gave Armagh little chance today,but like hordes of Armagh fans I was in Healy Park today. That's the loyalty test.Management certainly seem to have instilled character and effective defensive systems but 17 wides today shows much work still to be done.
Of course there is but at what point do you admit Grimley is the man and my geeney makes a super number 2.

T Fearon

Like all good management teams they need to show consistency, and achievement over a significant period.Think it's obvious that Mc Geeney is now calling the shots

BennyHarp

Quote from: rrhf on July 13, 2014, 09:42:34 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 13, 2014, 09:27:13 PM
Of course there is but at what point do you admit Grimley is the man and my geeney makes a super number 2.

I'd say the point at which you make that statement is a bit further down the line than after round 2 of the qualifiers.
That was never a square ball!!

Zip Code

Quote from: rrhf on July 13, 2014, 08:52:38 PM
I know from genuine Armagh football people how the lack of support for Grimley me geeney and the team beforehand was   gutting. Will the online basher s come on here this evening and give a renewed vote of confidence in the management and players or are they just going to hope everyone forgets.  To push on from this Armagh supporters on here would need to show the proper support that is typical of counties that win   things.

You sound like a man hurting. There is always next year!

ONeill

I don't think Armagh would be too worried about going further. They knocked out Tyrone. Happy turkey guzzlers at Christmas dinner.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tiempo

Quote from: rrhf on July 13, 2014, 07:02:04 PM
And now for Tyrone. ... Our physical conditioning looked poor compared to the opposition.  We lost out all over the field in the battles. Perhaps it was the row at the start but we had many headless chickens in defence for most of the first half. Our midfield was shambolic not helped by many poor kick outs and the ball into the forward line was terrible. That was today and there needs to be a root and branch look at what we are doing in Tyrone football who is managing and coaching at all levels right down to the type of footballers we are putting through so called development squads. It needs to be on the level done post 96.
Finally if this is the final game for some of the greatest legends to manage or play for Tyrone then our appreciation  for their efforts is very important here.  They have been our greatest and what a ride we all had.
The era is over and Tyrone are most definitely another 5 or 6 years away from challenging again.  The players aren't there.

The old root and branch review comment, who is going to ask/call for that, and who is going to carry it out? Turkeys ain't gonna vote for Christmas.

What post 96 root and branch assessment was done? Mickey already had a good run at the minors by that stage without success and continued until 98, so he wasn't replaced for example.

tiempo

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 13, 2014, 08:06:54 PM
Puts it into perspective now. A poor Down team should have beaten Tyrone in Omagh. Shows how good they are. Doesn't tell us how good Our Ma are though. Next round will tell. ::)

Down could have beat Tyrone in Omagh, but they should have been hammered, as they were in the replay.