R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyDupree

Don't really see how people can blame Harte for today. Players aren't there. Refer to u21 records for the past few years. 

EDIT: Also I don't feel there is any need to get rid of him as he will probably walk himself after today, knowing that's the standard of players he's been left with.

reddgnhand

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 13, 2014, 05:25:49 PM
Great day to be in orange in Omagh.

Superior in every area of the pitch after the sending off. Very impressed with hunger, drive and pace in the armagh team today.

Tyrone were poor. No fight in them but I wouldn't be so quick to dispense with Harte. One point I would make is that Tyrone were physically bullied in most contests - Is there a weakness in their conditioning

Same every game. You only have to look at their trainer. Wouldnt fill you with confidence.

DuffleKing

Row was simply a former and m Donnelly wrestling with each other. Both teams piled in for handbags. Deserved yellow each.

Mcevoy
Murray
Morgan
Shields
Maldon
Mallon
Vernon
Mckeever
Finder
Finden
Harold
Dyas
A forker
Campbell
Jamie
S forker
Tk

SkillfulBill

Firstly well done to Armagh today could easily have won the game by 10 points or more. For all the mickeys brigade i hope you are happy. Untill Harte goes Tyrone supporters will continue to be served up second rate footballers and second rate tactics. Poor stuff long past his sell by date Mickey needs to go.

Agent Orange

Quote from: ONeill on July 01, 2014, 12:03:08 AM
Quote from: Agent Orange on June 30, 2014, 06:29:21 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 30, 2014, 04:42:14 PM
We've beaten them 433 times since the 2002 first round game.

Sorry about the 2005 Ulster final, we won't mention the cheating in 2003 ;)

Yea, well done. Massive achievement.

We beat a team in terminal decline. Mickey please don't go.

Tougher tests lie ahead, what's your McKenna cup victory worth today?

omagh_gael

Playing same type of football since 09. Cork destroyed us then and the warning was never heeded. Getting to the AI semi last year papered over the cracks. Sean had a vintage year in '13, this year he was poor (by his admittedly high standards) and he couldn't carry the team.

Once again it was Conor who showed the biggest fight when he came on, a sad state of affairs that no one else seems to want it as much. I'm not going to start Mickey bashing, he's brought us so many happy days. However, it appears to have run it's course.

Well done to Armagh,  as said many times you deserved to win by twice as much. I'm just glad we didn't stumble into the quarter finals and get an almighty hammering.

Zip Code

Quote from: Rodman on July 07, 2014, 09:50:01 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 07, 2014, 09:29:47 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on July 07, 2014, 08:51:54 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 07, 2014, 04:51:52 PM
It's only now I can appreciate the Armagh games. Hated them at the time.

Hard to think which one was the most enjoyable. Maybe the McKenna Cup game in Casement when 90'000 turned up on a snowy January day.

Best memory - the '05 semi.
Worst memory - the '02 replay defeat

The '05 Ulster final defeat didn't bother me that much as you still thought Tyrone could win the AI.

Other memories - the Mugsy goal after about 10 seconds in '01. The NFL game in 2003 in Omagh. The drawn final in '05 when O'Neill tormented Bellew but the cuteness of McConville and McDonnell kept Armagh in it.

I think this is the 250th time you have said that on here since 2005 - my best memory was the 2002.  I always thought it was sweet especially the teams we beat to win the All-Ireland but as this message board grew and some of the bitter wee men from Tyrone signed up with the invention of football in 2003, it has become all the more sweeter as they really do resent, no matter what they say, that we won it before them.  It is great that it hurts them that much, yeah yeah 3 All-Irelands, cheated Armagh in 2003 and continue to ply your cheating trade, the whole country now sees you for what you are, now dry them.  ;D

I'd much prefer three all Ireland's to one.

And I think it will remain at 1 for a very very long time. I doubt any of us here will ever see Armagh lift Sam again but we see Tyrone lift it plenty of times.  Armagh are gone and they ain't coming back anytime soon while Tyrone will always be there or thereabouts.

They won't be lifting anything this year.  ;D  Only thing I saw them lift today was themselves of the floor.  ;)

Zip Code

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 13, 2014, 04:00:01 PM
Donnelly got his first yellow following a clearly  orchestrated brawl at throw in when half a dozen Armagh players went for their marker at the same time.  Yellow card for each side ensued which as ridiculous.   That aside Armagh the better team so  far.   Some barely comprehensible refereeing decisions which have both sets of supporters laughing.   Harte had a lot of work to do on the break.

You must have watching a different game.

The Beard

Disappointing result but can't say I am surprised. Tyrone forwards muscled out of it. Too many of them love big spaces and don't like to mix it. Don't like it when its up close and personal.

As for people calling mickeys head. I probably agree but not based on this performance. Firstly, I agree with the view that the calibre of player isn't there, certainly not up to likes of caravan, dooher or cavlan. And I agree, mickey is one of the best managers in modern football. However in saying that, I still believe it would be better for him to step down for a number of reasons.

firstly, the players are tired of his management. He doesn't speak to the younger players, doesn't interact with them but for a few so there is a resentment there from a lot of the younger players. They don't particularly want to play for him. The vast majority don't enjoy it and no buzz at training.

Secondly, mickey has a style of player that he likes, all good ball players, runners and quiet fellas. good lads who are happy to sit on the bench for a while and bide their time without rocking the boat. But you can see there is a distinct lack of character in that team today. How many of that team are captains of their clubs? very few. cavanagh, gormely, mattie d. you can pick them out. mickey needs to swallow his pride and maybe go for men rather than boys with talent. stevie mcnulty is a hard strong player who ok, might not ave the pace or skill of mcginely but would win every ball kicked between them. its ok having a team of boys who can play when goings good and hammering teams in mckenna cup, but when goings tough, you need men to stand up and tyrone lack that because mickey is afraid they will rock the boat.

thirdy, mickey needs a break himself. when you are staring at a problem and can't fix it sometimes you can get tunnel vision and i fear thats what may have happened mickey. he needs to take a break, step back and look on from the outside. There is nothing stopping him coming back in a few years when he's fresher and the boys might not be tired listening to him.

ONeill

Jeepers. I knew we were baddish. But not that bad.

Armagh could have scored 3-4 goals if they believed in themselves. I think the penny dropped after about 20 mins with Armagh that we aren't up to much.

So stale. Decent footballers playing shit tactics. Those balls into the corners??? For a whole half???

Stevie and Sean and Conor. They were needed just to keep us close. Dark days ahead if nothing changes.

Well done Armagh. Everything civil and calm during. The ref was a balax.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Well done Armagh.  Shocking lack of faith and belief by their supporters on here in their management and footballers before the game now every Armagh supporter on here must mix their joy with humble pie. You have lads putting in honest effort from management through to players now support them properly stop bitching like a pile of women and get behind them. I for one will be wishing them further success as they were the superior team on the day.

matchfit21

Masterstroke from tyrone taking conor mckenna in after the minors! Good move.

SuperHo

Never mind matties first card wtf was the second for? Nahim as they say.
Ref was a disgrace. He didnt blow the most basic fouls.let alone black cards. Gaa joke after that.
Arma well worth win btw.

J OGorman

Quote from: rrhf on July 13, 2014, 06:45:25 PM
Well done Armagh.  Shocking lack of faith and belief by their supporters on here in their management and footballers before the game now every Armagh supporter on here must mix their joy with humble pie. You have lads putting in honest effort from management through to players now support them properly stop bitching like a pile of women and get behind them. I for one will be wishing them further success as they were the superior team on the day.

Tyrone folk?