R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

That comment is not necessarily about replacement. It's about Co ordination and discussion. There are enough radicals to talk of changing individuals. I would stick to strategy

T Fearon

Shane every Tyrone fan should be surveyed on the future of Tyrone football,questions to be asked should include the return of Art, Kevin Mc Cabe coming out of retirement etc. Root and branch review needed just like Germany did after they lost 5-1 to England

naka

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 13, 2014, 08:06:54 PM
Puts it into perspective now. A poor Down team should have beaten Tyrone in Omagh. Shows how good they are. Doesn't tell us how good Our Ma are though. Next round will tell. ::)
5 SAMs
Just as well Armagh men are helping out your underage teams 😉
We will show you boys how to beat the tyronnies
Spoke to the brother in Vegas to tell him the score
Life is good

Captain Obvious

Great win for Armagh and more the sweeter in Omagh. Revenge against Roscommon next and then Monaghan again or Donegal in round 4?

rrhf

Quote from: T Fearon on July 13, 2014, 10:17:54 PM
Shane every Tyrone fan should be surveyed on the future of Tyrone football,questions to be asked should include the return of Art, Kevin Mc Cabe coming out of retirement etc. Root and branch review needed just like Germany did after they lost 5-1 to England
How do you rate Armagh Tony.   

Fuzzman

Congrats to Armagh
Ye should have won by a lot more.
The Armagh lads in front of us were saying that they didn't believe their Tyrone friends when they were told how bad we were.
At least my wife and Brolly will be happy now.  :D

ONeill

There was a weird atmosphere at that game today from Tyrone supporters. No deflation or dejection. Almost a sense of thank feck that's over.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2014, 11:36:02 PM
There was a weird atmosphere at that game today from Tyrone supporters. No deflation or dejection. Almost a sense of thank feck that's over.

Thought that myself at one stage I am nearly sure the Apple Munchers were starting to feel sorry for us.

Aaron Boone

Tyrone's semi appearance last year looks a one-off. Never got going this year, the second back-door defeat after Monaghan was a matter of time.

BennyCake

The Garth Brooks debacle really must have taken it's toll on Tyrone folk!

Definitely no visit to Croker this year now for ya's...

tyroneman

Quote from: SkillfulBill on July 13, 2014, 11:38:31 PM

Thought that myself at one stage I am nearly sure the Apple Munchers were starting to feel sorry for us.

Was glad we didn't get a leathering from Dublin, Kerry etc but was very deflated that we went out with such a lack of fight.

J OGorman

Known as Celtic Park Syndrome

ONeill

O'Neill gave Morgan some roasting in the opening 10 of the second half. Then McKeever dragged his paws off the ground and seemed to give Stevie the verbals for a minute or so.

Vernon did much better on O'Neill.

If you can call it a turning point, the two balls McNabb gave away down the right wing when Tyrone built their only head of steam and led 8-7 were crucial. Two poor pieces of distribution.

McKenna did rightly when pulled out.

Armagh's physicality and intensity was a nod to the '02 lads. A bit of McGeeney. They hounded Sean twice early on and turned him over.

Also, for all the dominance, Tyrone nearly goaled at the very end when Sean's fisted effort came off the post. As bad as Tyrone were, they could have sneaked it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

5 Sams

Quote from: naka on July 13, 2014, 10:20:28 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 13, 2014, 08:06:54 PM
Puts it into perspective now. A poor Down team should have beaten Tyrone in Omagh. Shows how good they are. Doesn't tell us how good Our Ma are though. Next round will tell. ::)
5 SAMs
Just as well Armagh men are helping out your underage teams 😉
We will show you boys how to beat the tyronnies
Spoke to the brother in Vegas to tell him the score
Life is good

Good man Naka. Hope your head's not too sore in the morning. Step away from the Buckfast.
The Aristocrat Years

barelegs

On reflection the really strange thing for me was the lack of urgency from Tyrone at the end of the game. The players nearly seemed to accept their fate. At least when the minors were beat by Monaghan they tried something different. Tyrone just kept on with the same ineffective tactics for 70 minutes.

It's time for a change. It's been a long time from we've beaten a team of any significance. There's been a serious regression this year