R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 12, 2014, 08:06:40 PM
So, lads and lassies, can anyone tell me what radio station is carrying the match? Thanks.

Best bet would be Q101.2
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 12, 2014, 09:42:01 PM
The reverse psychology shite on here is hilarious.
Ye spend most of the year telling us we're a spent force and we should let Block, SON, two McMahons go and accept we're in kidding ourselves.
Then when we meet suddenly we're a top 4 team who our excellent manager who deserve to get to semi finals and National league finals.
My true honest expectation is a bit like the first Down match.
We will really struggle but finish well but a moral defeat.

It would be nice to stay undefeated against the apple chompers for a whole decade though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Oraisteach

naka

Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2014, 10:20:58 PM
Ye spend most of the year telling us we're a spent force and we should let Block, SON, two McMahons go and accept we're in kidding ourselves.
Then when we meet suddenly we're a top 4 team who our excellent manager who deserve to get to semi finals and National league finals.

It would be nice to stay undefeated against the apple chompers for a whole decade though.
Sitting in quinta
Still hate the red hands
The orchard by 3 😉

you take er!

I Don't think it is reverse psychology at this point. The actual codology is the stuff that has been said before the draw was made. When the teams are pulled out it is time for people to get real. In reality we are improving very gradually, but.....
- we were relegated to div 3
- The game is in Omagh
- we are coming off a defeat 7 days ago
- 5-16 to 0-7!! (only McKenna cup but still a humiliation)

We have hope but it is just that, not expectation. I'm thinking we need more things to go for us than yous do tomorrow. But you never know, 9 years is a long time not to beat Tyrone and its gonna happen sooner rather than later. We do have some excellent players its all about whether they can all turn up tomorrow.

ONeill

bigpaul

Only one winner then!!!
Jamie can't buy a free, whereas Sean ............!!!!!

under the bar

As Oisin Mcconville put it last week "Other than Jamie up front Armagh have nothing.  If you cut off the supply to Jamie...."

illdecide

Double mark him and its game over Armagh... As people have stated we are a div 3 team and got beat 7 days ago and are away to our rivals who happen to be a div 1 team and have had our measure for years. You can count on 1 hand the amount of championship wins in the last 4-5 years so how the f**k can you Tyrone wans think it could be close...Tyrone by 8pts and Mc Curry to score first goal.
Tyrone 2:16 Armagh 1-11
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ONeill

orangeman

Can't see either side racking up big scores tomorrow. Under 35 points is my wee bet tomorrow in this one.

armaghniac

Before the season an expected outcome would be  Donegal and Monaghan getting to the Ulster final and Tyrone proving better than Down and Aramgh. This seems likely to work out that way, but perhaps Armagh have a "Barry Duffy" who can make a cameo appearance and do the needful.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

hairyUlsterman

I would like to see Armagh win this encounter, Tyrone need to learn that the 2000's are in the past.

T Fearon

Kieran Toner ruled out for Armagh.This game is reminiscent of the Cavan match where no one gave Armagh a chance and look what happened.Expecting a hard fought close game.

Fuzzman

Sean Cavanagh out as well.
Split his head yesterday off a diving board I believe.
I wonder will the friendly oranje brigade have a good welcome for Morgan today as he saunters up to take his frees