USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 24, 2014, 12:03:09 AM
Quote from: LCohen on June 23, 2014, 10:55:05 PM
what stage are the armagh appeals at?

I heard today that they haven't even launched appeals. Surely they are out if time now anyway??

http://www.hoganstand.com/monaghan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=218801

That article says the suspension were proposed and then imposed. It makes no mention of an appeal, CCCC or DRA. Does anybody know if Armagh have actually appealed?

Maguire01

Quote from: LCohen on June 24, 2014, 09:26:56 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 24, 2014, 12:03:09 AM
Quote from: LCohen on June 23, 2014, 10:55:05 PM
what stage are the armagh appeals at?

I heard today that they haven't even launched appeals. Surely they are out if time now anyway??

http://www.hoganstand.com/monaghan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=218801

That article says the suspension were proposed and then imposed. It makes no mention of an appeal, CCCC or DRA. Does anybody know if Armagh have actually appealed?
That was the appeal. It says the bans were upheld.

Bingo

Very quiet in here.
Not normally the case when Armagh are playing. Have they totally circled the wagons and enforced a media/social network lockdown or just afraid to open their mouths?

Can't say I'm comfortable with the silence.

As a matter of interest, what are the Armagh minors like. Didn't expect to be playing them but we've started a good habit of beating Tyrone at that level.

illdecide

Yes Bingo it it very quiet. I really dunno what to expect from Armagh TBH :-\ On their day they are match for any team but can they pull this out of the bag with 4no key players missing? I doubt it but one thing i've learned over the years is never write Armagh off. Malachy was quoted in the Irish News yesterday of saying Armagh have good replacements for the suspended and injured players and he may be right but what it does do is weakens our bench and if we get injuries or black cards we will be in serious trouble...

Looking forward to the game and hearing the wino's in the beer garden as i walk past and the young ones lying around the street gased out of their heads and throwing up in the streets...NOT.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Zip Code

You can't beat a day out in Clones, taking my father who as been unwell and not made a game in over two years so he's really excited by it have to go early though to get as close to the ground as possible.

Main Street

The Armagh catatonia has its plusses.
And I suppose we are  a bit more relaxed about our ability to turn in a good performance.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on June 25, 2014, 11:12:31 AM
Very quiet in here.
Not normally the case when Armagh are playing. Have they totally circled the wagons and enforced a media/social network lockdown or just afraid to open their mouths?

Can't say I'm comfortable with the silence.

As a matter of interest, what are the Armagh minors like. Didn't expect to be playing them but we've started a good habit of beating Tyrone at that level.

We have very little to say as there is very little confidence given the number of players that we have lost and the fact that Monaghan are clear favourites.  I honestly can't see anything other than a Monaghan win.  Even is Armagh put out their best A game they are not as battle savvy as the Monaghan lads and they will be able to grind out a result.  We have to hope that Morgan and Vernon have the games of their lives if they are marking McManus and Hughes.  Slow those two down and the Monaghan scoring chances are reduced significantly but that is easier sad than done.

The minors are handy enough but are really green.  They have a fair few under age next year so this is really a bedding year.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Zip Code on June 24, 2014, 10:12:04 AM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 24, 2014, 08:47:10 AM
Quote from: Zip Code on June 24, 2014, 08:09:39 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 23, 2014, 10:04:10 PM
QuoteHas that w**ker Paddy Heaney apologised yet for the comments about that yellow wee shite Dunne being targeted. I have stopped buying the Irish News with that type of gutter journalism.

Good decision as I expect The Sun would be more up your street.

So Paddy is free to say what he wants without question because ..........................?  ::)

Perhaps if you had of used that line of questioning as opposed to your original tirade you would have warranted a reasoned response. I think you need to move on...

I stand by what I said, does he stand by what he said about Armagh and Dunne!

As I said, don't expect a rational or reasoned response, based on HOW you said it. Therefore, move on.

Armamike

Armagh supporters would have a natural level of trepidation about the game given that we haven't been able to put together 2 decent performances against a decent standard of opposition since around about 2005/2006.  Since then we've seen some heartening performances (usually the first game of the championship) followed by a clueless one the next day.  When you add into the mix 4 starters missing, and other players missing through injury it doesn't bode well.  On any level of analysis Monaghan should win this.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Zip Code

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 25, 2014, 01:30:07 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on June 24, 2014, 10:12:04 AM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 24, 2014, 08:47:10 AM
Quote from: Zip Code on June 24, 2014, 08:09:39 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 23, 2014, 10:04:10 PM
QuoteHas that w**ker Paddy Heaney apologised yet for the comments about that yellow wee shite Dunne being targeted. I have stopped buying the Irish News with that type of gutter journalism.

Good decision as I expect The Sun would be more up your street.

So Paddy is free to say what he wants without question because ..........................?  ::)

Perhaps if you had of used that line of questioning as opposed to your original tirade you would have warranted a reasoned response. I think you need to move on...

I stand by what I said, does he stand by what he said about Armagh and Dunne!

As I said, don't expect a rational or reasoned response, based on HOW you said it. Therefore, move on.

I said it HOW it was, you are the one who doesn't seem to be able to move on!

GrandMasterFlash

Was there another set of appeals supposed to have taken place with another body last night? I heard something to that effect on the wireless yesterday evening.

Any word?

Not that it matters really as I reckon we'll beat yas anyhow.. Yeeeeeooooowww, figthin talk boi!!  :D

illdecide

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 26, 2014, 10:00:16 AM
Was there another set of appeals supposed to have taken place with another body last night? I heard something to that effect on the wireless yesterday evening.

Any word?

Not that it matters really as I reckon we'll beat yas anyhow.. Yeeeeeooooowww, figthin talk boi!!  :D

Thats the stuff...knock it into them arma hoors
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

naka

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 26, 2014, 10:00:16 AM

Any word?

Yes written appeal last night and DRA on Friday if Armagh fail
The gaa by degrading the charge have strengthened armaghs position because it could be argued that nearly 20 players on the pitch were guilty of rough play .

DuffleKing

Quote from: Armamike on June 25, 2014, 06:11:55 PM
Armagh supporters would have a natural level of trepidation about the game given that we haven't been able to put together 2 decent performances against a decent standard of opposition since around about 2005/2006.  Since then we've seen some heartening performances (usually the first game of the championship) followed by a clueless one the next day.  When you add into the mix 4 starters missing, and other players missing through injury it doesn't bode well.  On any level of analysis Monaghan should win this.

Ulster champions in 2008...