USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: Sleater on June 23, 2014, 10:34:58 AM
I think the doom and gloom of the Armagh supports is largely ignoring that they are all forgetting Monaghan are capable of some indifferent performances. I don't have rose coloured glasses on when it comes to Monaghan's performances - they has been some great play over the past few months but some sloppy patchy play too. Monaghan's league games against Laois and Galway showed Monaghan can be disjointed (though in mitigation Monaghan were more or less secure of a league final place by that stage so motivation may not have been as strong as normal).

The league game between the teams is a point in case. Monaghan raced ahead, before Armagh woke up and reined them in. A missed J Clarke penalty and a sending off gave Monaghan the scare they needed to run out comfortable winners. Armagh will be fired up for sure and if Monaghan are in any way complacent we'll be beaten.  I see no more than a point or two in this game. It will be closer to  Monaghan's displays against Cavan and Antrim in last year's Ulster championship.

Tactically O'Rourke may change is game plan for the Armagh game - horses for courses and all that. Will Armagh adopt the same tactics as against Cavan?
Yep, in both the Down and Armagh games we built up a substantial lead and let it slip. We were lucky to get out of Pairc Esler with a point and the game swung back to us in Armagh.
Although Clarke's penalty was saved rather than missed.

Zip Code

Quote from: J OGorman on June 23, 2014, 04:14:05 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 23, 2014, 04:02:23 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 22, 2014, 01:41:41 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on June 21, 2014, 07:25:51 PM
Has that w**ker Paddy Heaney apologised yet for the comments about that yellow wee shite Dunne being targeted.  I have stopped buying the Irish News with that type of gutter journalism.

Slightly OTT.

Very much so.

Heaney is a good journalist and the Irish News has excellent GAA coverage imo. The are fairly far removed from gutter journalism.

the bit in bold is as 'gutter' as it gets ie faceless (cowardly) name calling on a decent message board

So has Heaney apologised about the Dunne remarks?

Armamike

Quote from: Zip Code on June 23, 2014, 08:01:12 PM
Has that w**ker Paddy Heaney apologised yet for the comments about that yellow wee shite Dunne being targeted.  I have stopped buying the Irish News with that type of gutter journalism.

Slightly OTT.

Very much so.

Heaney is a good journalist and the Irish News has excellent GAA coverage imo. The are fairly far removed from gutter journalism.

the bit in bold is as 'gutter' as it gets ie faceless (cowardly) name calling on a decent message board

So has Heaney apologised about the Dunne remarks?

Not very likely.
That's just, like your opinion man.

StGallsGAA

QuoteHas that w**ker Paddy Heaney apologised yet for the comments about that yellow wee shite Dunne being targeted. I have stopped buying the Irish News with that type of gutter journalism.

Good decision as I expect The Sun would be more up your street.

LCohen

what stage are the armagh appeals at?

I heard today that they haven't even launched appeals. Surely they are out if time now anyway??

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: LCohen on June 23, 2014, 10:55:05 PM
what stage are the armagh appeals at?

I heard today that they haven't even launched appeals. Surely they are out if time now anyway??

http://www.hoganstand.com/monaghan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=218801

naka

Zip Code

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 23, 2014, 10:04:10 PM
QuoteHas that w**ker Paddy Heaney apologised yet for the comments about that yellow wee shite Dunne being targeted. I have stopped buying the Irish News with that type of gutter journalism.

So Paddy is free to say what he wants without question because ..........................?  ::)

haveaharp

Slightly OTT.

Sorry but Heaney being called a good journalist is jaw dropping stuff. He is a tit.

Very much so.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Zip Code on June 24, 2014, 08:09:39 AM

So Paddy is free to say what he wants without question because ..........................?  ::)

Perhaps if you had of used that line of questioning as opposed to your original tirade you would have warranted a reasoned response. I think you need to move on...

Bensars

Zip Code

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 24, 2014, 08:47:10 AM
Quote from: Zip Code on June 24, 2014, 08:09:39 AM

Perhaps if you had of used that line of questioning as opposed to your original tirade you would have warranted a reasoned response. I think you need to move on...

I stand by what I said, does he stand by what he said about Armagh and Dunne!

mackers

I sent an e-mail into Off the Fence the week of the match and it was published. I questioned the fact that he had reported that Martin Dunne had been targeted but he did not take the opportunity to retract it.  He said in his reply published in the paper that my accustion was without foundation and asked me to produce evidence of where he had pointed the finger at Armagh.  He conveniently ignored the fact that I had pointed to the exact wording of his misplaced accusation in my e-mail into the Irish News.  Couldn't be bothered writing back into the paper when they handpicked what part of my e-mail they printed to suit his counter argument.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Zip Code

babarino

Quote from: mackers on June 24, 2014, 12:39:03 PM
I sent an e-mail into Off the Fence the week of the match and it was published....Couldn't be bothered writing back into the paper when they handpicked what part of my e-mail they printed to suit his counter argument.

Off the Fence - Irish News's effort at interactivity, yet the editor gets the last word ::) I came to the same conclusion as yourself, having similar issues with Heaney. Generally the paper has very good Ulster GAA coverage, but I'm happy Heaney doesn't cover Monaghan games any more, with his condescending attitude. Let him stick to the the Derry fanzine columns.