Armagh v Cavan Sun 8th June

Started by illdecide, May 07, 2014, 10:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Yeah, he's definitely holding his hand. I was just wondering if he'd been stamped on before, and then hit the lad on the ground, which would obviously hurt if his hand was broken. Then again, why would you punch someone if your hand was sore in the first place. Unless he can't punch on his weaker side. Ignoring the basics up in Cavan.

brokencrossbar1

And for what it is worth,  I am no die-hard Armagh fan.  I want to see them do well for my friends who are on the squad.  It is the f**king bane of my life from my own perspective at the minute because of the knockon effect it has on me in other capacities but ye just get on with it.  I don't like the whole demonisation of Armagh when they were clearly not the physical aggressors here whether they lined up in the perceived wrong place or not and I feel Cavan are getting a huge bye-ball.

orangeman

Has it been established that Dunne was actually going to start the game or not ? I'm sorry for asking if it has already been answered in this thread previously. Are Cavan claiming that he was going to play, got injured however it happened in the melee and then wasn't in a position to play cos he got nailed ?.

Zip Code

Quote from: God14 on June 11, 2014, 03:27:50 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 11, 2014, 03:06:01 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 11, 2014, 02:41:50 PM
He 'may' have been stepped on, and it 'may' have been an accident. Or he may have been stamped on deliberately :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRDpEqXDM2g&feature=youtu.be

Not much stamping here as he 'helps' Jamie up from the ground!  A cowardly sneaky thump on a man lying on the ground is how he hurt his own hand.

Gee's. That puts a different complexion on it altogether, never seen that camera angle until now. He got what he deserved then.

Dirty deed and then ran away like a coward, Tyronies have some obsession with Armagh - did 2002 hurt that much, Armagh winning it first!

naka

Quote from: God14 on June 11, 2014, 03:27:50 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 11, 2014, 03:06:01 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 11, 2014, 02:41:50 PM
He 'may' have been stepped on, and it 'may' have been an accident. Or he may have been stamped on deliberately :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRDpEqXDM2g&feature=youtu.be

Not much stamping here as he 'helps' Jamie up from the ground!  A cowardly sneaky thump on a man lying on the ground is how he hurt his own hand.

Gee's. That puts a different complexion on it altogether, never seen that camera angle until now. He got what he deserved then.
tell you what dunne himself might be in diffs after that

Heaney was quick to insinuate things about Armagh in the irish news but from what I saw on sunday  and nowJamie was targeted

the wee girl who give the interview should have kept silent, interesting that she seems only to want mc keevers knuckles rapped, one believes blinkers are involved

imtommygunn

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 11, 2014, 03:41:36 PM
And for what it is worth,  I am no die-hard Armagh fan.  I want to see them do well for my friends who are on the squad.  It is the f**king bane of my life from my own perspective at the minute because of the knockon effect it has on me in other capacities but ye just get on with it.  I don't like the whole demonisation of Armagh when they were clearly not the physical aggressors here whether they lined up in the perceived wrong place or not and I feel Cavan are getting a huge bye-ball.

To be fair a lot of the perpetrators of this thread are boys who should have no attention paid fo them in the slightest and it has spiralled from there. When you have people asking is such and such related to travellers then you do have to question why anyone would bother to engage...

As a neutral I think it can be seen Cavan were in no way innocent.

mackers

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 11, 2014, 03:40:30 PM
Yeah, he's definitely holding his hand. I was just wondering if he'd been stamped on before, and then hit the lad on the ground, which would obviously hurt if his hand was broken. Then again, why would you punch someone if your hand was sore in the first place. Unless he can't punch on his weaker side. Ignoring the basics up in Cavan.
You'd need to be fond of a punch up to start punching people with a hand that's already broken!  You'd think somebody in the press (primarily the Irish News) would stop to think that maybe, just maybe, he hurt his hand whilst trying to punch somebody.  They have implied that he was deliberately targeted in Monday's paper, this should be retracted in view of that most recent video clip.  It is very noticeable that the media are making a bigger deal out of his hand injury than the Cavan management are.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Harold Disgracey

I saw some mobile phone footage of the melee, it missed most of the action but in Dunne could be seen briefly holding his hand before running out of shot, he is next seen taking his place at the back of the parade walking normally, i.e. arms swinging naturally by his sides. This video was taken from a reverse angle to the clip above so could possibly be the same incident highlighted.

The Biff

These parades of teams should be scrapped, and certainly for all games other than the Provincial Finals and All-Ireland Final.  They are jingoistic, almost militaristic, and to me, it never looks like many of the players like the slow walk after they spending 20 minutes doing all their warm-up drills.

In this particular case, it seems that it was to become a show of strength for both teams.  The Cavan lads, in particular, are seen to be congratulating each other when Armagh are made to march on the other side at the end.  A lot of good it did them.  It's Martin Johnston, the England Rugby team and the red carpet all over again, and I certainly would not want to be put in the same category as that group.

Embarrassing incident.
Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.

heganboy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 11, 2014, 02:17:17 PM
2003 and 2005 must have really hurt ye boys

Yes Gabe, it really did, and I for one have been moping about it since, and I know I'm not the only one.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

JP

Quote from: heganboy on June 11, 2014, 07:25:59 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 11, 2014, 02:17:17 PM
2003 and 2005 must have really hurt ye boys

Yes Gabe, it really did, and I for one have been moping about it since, and I know I'm not the only one.

2005 was particularly hard to take.

Orior

Quote from: The Biff on June 11, 2014, 05:09:55 PM
These parades of teams should be scrapped, and certainly for all games other than the Provincial Finals and All-Ireland Final.  They are jingoistic, almost militaristic, and to me, it never looks like many of the players like the slow walk after they spending 20 minutes doing all their warm-up drills.

In this particular case, it seems that it was to become a show of strength for both teams.  The Cavan lads, in particular, are seen to be congratulating each other when Armagh are made to march on the other side at the end.  A lot of good it did them.  It's Martin Johnston, the England Rugby team and the red carpet all over again, and I certainly would not want to be put in the same category as that group.

Embarrassing incident.

The parade is one of thee great things gaelic matches. I hope it is never ever removed. And I certainly dont want it replaced with the soccer line-up and handshake.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

LCohen

Having watched the footage I cannot (for all the wind ups on here) see a single bit of evidence to warrant punnishing any Armagh player or Armagh County Board unless there is some way of pinning the actions of one moronic gan on the County Board.

Individual Cavan players might have a case to answer.

The Cavan County Board will have to cough up for using 8 subs during the game

mylestheslasher

Quote from: LCohen on June 11, 2014, 10:56:50 PM
Having watched the footage I cannot (for all the wind ups on here) see a single bit of evidence to warrant punnishing any Armagh player or Armagh County Board unless there is some way of pinning the actions of one moronic gan on the County Board.

Individual Cavan players might have a case to answer.

The Cavan County Board will have to cough up for using 8 subs during the game

On RTE news today they showed footage fromwhat seemed to be the roof of the terrace and there were a Cavan and Armagh player boxing the heads of each other. It was over before I could see who they were but I expect that they will get banned. Clarke for Cavan will most likely get banned for being the first to engage in the pushing. After that its hard to pin point anyone else really.

Hardy

Quote from: Orior on June 11, 2014, 09:52:51 PM
Quote from: The Biff on June 11, 2014, 05:09:55 PM

Embarrassing incident.

The parade is one of thee great things gaelic matches. I hope it is never ever removed. And I certainly dont want it replaced with the soccer line-up and handshake.

I genuinely don't get this. What is it about shambling awkwardly around behind a band playing awful "music" that's so compelling?