Armagh v Cavan Sun 8th June

Started by illdecide, May 07, 2014, 10:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

Peter would have been another player to make a big deal out of nothing. If he was there at the weekend he might just have managed to beat his previous best of 60 seconds.

Gabriel_Hurl

2003 and 2005 must have really hurt ye boys

EC Unique

Quote from: Bensars on June 11, 2014, 02:02:53 PM
Peter the Great thinks similar,

QuoteA lot of people were wondering how it all kicked off. Well it was plain and simple. There was an Armagh flag and a Cavan flag, and the Armagh players lined up behind the Cavan flag. I imagine that was deliberate, an effort to draw them in and confront them. Cavan fell for it and all of a sudden we had a wrestling match. It was a case of Armagh laying down a marker
http://www1.skysports.com/gaelic-football/news/12040/9343517/gaa-sky-sports-expert-peter-cavanan-reviews-the-weekends-championship-action

Terrible stuff altogher.

Hard to argue with what he says. Just facts.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteCavan's Martin Dunne suffered suspected multiple hand and wrist fractures in the pre-match brawl which marred the Ulster SFC game against Armagh.

The forward was unable to play in the game because of the injury and could now be ruled out for several weeks.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 11, 2014, 02:22:11 PM
QuoteCavan's Martin Dunne suffered suspected multiple hand and wrist fractures in the pre-match brawl which marred the Ulster SFC game against Armagh.

The forward was unable to play in the game because of the injury and could now be ruled out for several weeks.

Conviently leaving out the how it happened?

QuoteIt is understood that Dunne may have been stepped on during the melee and that it may have been accidental.

The whole notion that Armagh started the row target Dunne is pure shite,  as for the interview in an Cavan newspaper, interviewing the member of the band from Cavan, well that is going to be so impartial...pile of shit the lot.

AZOffaly

He 'may' have been stepped on, and it 'may' have been an accident. Or he may have been stamped on deliberately :)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 11, 2014, 02:41:50 PM
He 'may' have been stepped on, and it 'may' have been an accident. Or he may have been stamped on deliberately :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRDpEqXDM2g&feature=youtu.be

Not much stamping here as he 'helps' Jamie up from the ground!  A cowardly sneaky thump on a man lying on the ground is how he hurt his own hand.

armaghniac

The only thing Armagh did was aim for the stand side of the parade, they may have expected this, they may even have been told this or they may simply have expected the flag bearers to swap. They were standing out of Cavan's way, chatting, tieing laces etc and suddenly Cavan piled in.

Quotehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRDpEqXDM2g&feature=youtu.be

Bit of a swing there by the Cavan man at 0:08.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

I'm neither from Tyrone or Armagh...

From the outside looking in I think that McKeever clearly had a large part in instigating all of this. Unless he didn't look at the flags of course...

However it is laughable Tyrone supporters saying what they do about McKeever. McMenamim was as bad , if not worse than, McKeever and there is definitely one other "old guard" currently playing who's in that league too!

Most teams these days have boys like this. They are almost always man marking defenders too. It's not exclusive to Armagh.

Cavan haven't come out of this with much glory either. Their no. 4 and no.6 weren't exactly angels in the whole scenario!

EC Unique

QuoteThe woman who was carrying the Cavan flag at the Athletic Grounds on Sunday has pointed the finger of blame in the direction of Armagh captain Ciaran McKeever.

Ballyconnell native Paula Brady, a member of the St Michael's Band, Enniskillen, gave her version of accounts to the Anglo Celt newspaper and she accused McKeever and his team-mates of instigating the unsightly melee.

"The Armagh captain came up and said 'Move'. I said 'pardon?' and he said 'Move to f**k to the other side' ... If he had asked me politely, I'd have said 'certainly, no problem'.

"It has happened before, we just go with the flow."

Ms Brady - who also revealed that the woman carrying the Armagh flag was an aunt of an Orchard County player - added: "The Cavan team were supposed to be behind the Cavan flag and they came to where they were supposed to be.

"Armagh weren't for moving and that's when the shuffling started."

She believes McKeever should get his "knuckles rapped".

"I think he should be spoken to. We have a great affiliation to the Armagh team, they share picnics with us at matches in Clones and it is a lovely rapport. That was spoiled on Sunday."

A real nice guy it seems! ::)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: EC Unique on June 11, 2014, 03:17:15 PM
QuoteThe woman who was carrying the Cavan flag at the Athletic Grounds on Sunday has pointed the finger of blame in the direction of Armagh captain Ciaran McKeever.

Ballyconnell native Paula Brady, a member of the St Michael's Band, Enniskillen, gave her version of accounts to the Anglo Celt newspaper and she accused McKeever and his team-mates of instigating the unsightly melee.

"The Armagh captain came up and said 'Move'. I said 'pardon?' and he said 'Move to f**k to the other side' ... If he had asked me politely, I'd have said 'certainly, no problem'.

"It has happened before, we just go with the flow."

Ms Brady - who also revealed that the woman carrying the Armagh flag was an aunt of an Orchard County player - added: "The Cavan team were supposed to be behind the Cavan flag and they came to where they were supposed to be.

"Armagh weren't for moving and that's when the shuffling started."

She believes McKeever should get his "knuckles rapped".

"I think he should be spoken to. We have a great affiliation to the Armagh team, they share picnics with us at matches in Clones and it is a lovely rapport. That was spoiled on Sunday."

A real nice guy it seems! ::)

And of course it must be true because she said it, he said/she said!!!  I would doubt she is a good 'source' anyway! :P  Awful amount of Tyrone ones in here worrying about what Armagh are doing,  nearly as bad as Man U fans and theirobsession with Liverpool ;D

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 11, 2014, 03:06:01 PM

Not much stamping here as he 'helps' Jamie up from the ground!  A cowardly sneaky thump on a man lying on the ground is how he hurt his own hand.

I did think that it sounded like something he may have got himself, but in fairness that video proves nothing. It was a bad belt he threw there on the ground, but it didn't look hard enough to break his own hand. I wonder was he stepped on beforehand?

God14

Gee's. That puts a different complexion on it altogether, never seen that camera angle until now. He got what he deserved then.

drici

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/boxers-fracture?print=true
Boxer's Fracture

Boxer's Fracture Overview

A boxer's fracture is defined as a break through the bones of the hand that form the knuckles. Some doctors use the term "brawler's fracture" rather than "boxer's fracture" because a boxer is not likely to get this injury. The less well-trained brawlers have to learn how to punch without hurting themselves.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 11, 2014, 03:24:34 PM

I did think that it sounded like something he may have got himself, but in fairness that video proves nothing. It was a bad belt he threw there on the ground, but it didn't look hard enough to break his own hand. I wonder was he stepped on beforehand?

AZ, while not definite it does look like he went away holding his hand.  I know it is the Hogan Stand  but they state that he may have been stamped on and it may have been accidental. If he had been stamped on then there would have been a 'stamping shocker'  statement to that effect.It is a load of balls and I don'tbuy into this BS that Armagh went out witha pre-planned  idea.  I have it fromgood authority that they were told toline upon the outside by the stewards and that the flag was in the wrong place 'by mistake'.   As for what McKeever is alleged to have said to the poor girl,  no-one can contradict that bar McKeever but no-one has confirmed it either.