ROSCOMMON v DUBLIN U-21 FINAL

Started by Shrewdness, April 26, 2014, 12:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Didn't want to start a new thread, but had no choice. The other U-21 thread has been hijacked by the merits or otherwise of Gaa clubs in Dublin, and trawling through page after page of it was too much. Anyway, this is an All Ireland Final between two excellent teams. What will it take for Roscommon to win it?  Will Roscommon's style of play suit Dublin? So much to debate.

orangeman

Shrewdness

Roscommon will bring a huge crowd to Tullamore, as would Cavan. Will be interesting to see how big the travelling Dubs support will be.. Ros will need to watch the runs of Jack Mc Caffrey. He's lightning fast and can score, and i see him as a big threat.

INDIANA

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 26, 2014, 07:54:37 AM
Roscommon will bring a huge crowd to Tullamore, as would Cavan. Will be interesting to see how big the travelling Dubs support will be.. Ros will need to watch the runs of Jack Mc Caffrey. He's lightning fast and can score, and i see him as a big threat.

We won't have a big crowd. The Dublin Football Feile is on that day and that will tie up thousands of fans.

So for the Peter Reilly's of this world Tullamore will resemble Dr Hyde Park.

As for the game we aren't playing well. we are carrying several injuries with Carty, Costello and Co and really and truly we are up against it.

Westside

What tied up the thousands of fans for the Semi Final? I was at the final in Breffni in 2010, there was hardly 500 Dubs there among 8000 or so Donegal supporters. Perhaps the Feile was on that day too though....

It would be great to see Roscommon win this, some fantastic individual talent and a great array of forwards. They've been knocking on the door like ourselves and this looks like their best chance to make the breakthrough.

INDIANA

Quote from: Westside on April 26, 2014, 01:20:37 PM
What tied up the thousands of fans for the Semi Final? I was at the final in Breffni in 2010, there was hardly 500 Dubs there among 8000 or so Donegal supporters. Perhaps the Feile was on that day too though....

It would be great to see Roscommon win this, some fantastic individual talent and a great array of forwards. They've been knocking on the door like ourselves and this looks like their best chance to make the breakthrough.

I went to watch the minors- my nephew is on the team. I couldn't get to the 21's. We'd a decent crowd at the minor game.

Plus the girls football feile was on in Dublin. The Feile in dublin for all codes is massive for clubs.

The 21's doesn't register hugely in Dublin for supporters. Dont' ask me why because the minors are always well supported.

Well at least Donegal couldn't complain that Brefni wasn't a home venue for them. Mind you the great  bearded one would find an excuse somewhere.  He's good at that.

Shrewdness

Indiana, i can assure you that everyone in Roscommon realises that the team will have to produce a top drawer performance to beat Dublin. Our defence will have to sort itself out for starters. Despite scoring an impressive 1-19, they only won by a point after conceding 3-12. Are there many of the Dublin team on the Senior team/panel?

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on April 26, 2014, 01:33:31 PM

Well at least Donegal couldn't complain that Brefni wasn't a home venue for them. Mind you the great  bearded one would find an excuse somewhere.  He's good at that.

Didn't he try to claim they were food poisoned

Captain Obvious

Dublin will score more than 0-11 in this game, probably 2-12 at least i reckon and they are better in defence than Cork. An uphill task for Roscommon however their supporters and players should enjoy another All Ireland final appearance.

Syferus

Drummerboy

I think it will be a very close game. I don't have much faith in the Dublin management team. They have the players, but have yet to produce a decent performance. This is basically the same team that was knocked out against Longford in the first round in Leinster last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Roscommon won it. They are a good attacking team.

INDIANA

Quote from: heffo on April 26, 2014, 02:55:20 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 26, 2014, 01:33:31 PM

Didn't he try to claim they were food poisoned

I believe you're right on that Heffo. He did.

Shrewdness

After last night's win for the Seniors in Croke Park, all our attention turns to next Saturday and the U-21 Final. Hope Rossies everywhere will get the flags and colours up for these lads. Will be interesting to see the team selection later in the week. As long as they're fit, we'll surely see Fintan Kelly and Conor Daly return.

Hound

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 26, 2014, 02:08:05 PM
Are there many of the Dublin team on the Senior team/panel?

McCaffrey, Mannion, Costello, Lowndes, Carthy (doubtful for Saturday) are on the senior panel. Probably only McCaffrey would make the team at the moment, but we'd be hoping for Costello to make a big impact. Mannion seems to be having a bit of "second season syndrome", but could force his way back if his form improves.

Rossfan

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 27, 2014, 12:02:10 PM
After last night's win for the Seniors in Croke Park, all our attention turns to next Saturday and the U-21 Final. Hope Rossies everywhere will get the flags and colours up for these lads. Will be interesting to see the team selection later in the week. As long as they're fit, we'll surely see Fintan Kelly and Conor Daly return.
We badly need Kelly and Daly back as the HB line was awful the last day  ( Cue Syfín telling us about how great they are).
Maybe the less colours/flags/hype the better(except in Ballagh of course ) and let the lads get on with preparing quietly and diligently for the task in hand.
Hope Nigel's electioneering activities won't get in the way.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM