ROSCOMMON v DUBLIN U-21 FINAL

Started by Shrewdness, April 26, 2014, 12:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on April 28, 2014, 11:11:19 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on April 27, 2014, 12:02:10 PM
After last night's win for the Seniors in Croke Park, all our attention turns to next Saturday and the U-21 Final. Hope Rossies everywhere will get the flags and colours up for these lads. Will be interesting to see the team selection later in the week. As long as they're fit, we'll surely see Fintan Kelly and Conor Daly return.
We badly need Kelly and Daly back as the HB line was awful the last day  ( Cue Syfín telling us about how great they are).
Maybe the less colours/flags/hype the better(except in Ballagh of course ) and let the lads get on with preparing quietly and diligently for the task in hand.
Hope Nigel's electioneering activities won't get in the way.

Nigel is so focused on the U21s he hasn't erected a single election poster in An Caislean Riabhach.

Shrewdness

Looks like there will be a very big crowd from Roscommon at this match. Nearly every second person i've met this week is planning to be in Tullamore on Saturday. If there aren't any negative defensive systems in force, this game could have the makings of a high scoring shootout..Roscommon need a victory more than Dublin.

The Hill is Blue

It will be uphill all the way for the young Dubs on Saturday. Hopefully they can take inspiration from the devastating performance of the seniors last weekend and sneak it by a point or two. Come on you boys in blue. 
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 30, 2014, 01:44:40 PM
Looks like there will be a very big crowd from Roscommon at this match. Nearly every second person i've met this week is planning to be in Tullamore on Saturday. If there aren't any negative defensive systems in force, this game could have the makings of a high scoring shootout..Roscommon need a victory more than Dublin.

Good luck to the young Rossies in this one. I'm sure the vast majority of Mayo fans want ye to do the job on Saturday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hound

That's not a great message.

The amount of crap the Mayo lads had to deal with about how much the county needed an All Ireland last September was unreal. Now it might not have hurt them if they were shielded from it all, but it certainly wouldnt have helped them.

In early rounds, maybe, but you don't win an All Ireland final because you "want it/need it" more. Lads playing All Ireland finals are going to be giving everything they have - even more added pressure doesnt help.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Best of luck to both young teams

Syferus

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on April 30, 2014, 04:55:38 PM
Best of luck to both young teams

You won't be saying that when you see our keeper.

macdanger2

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 30, 2014, 04:23:30 PM

Good luck to the young Rossies in this one. I'm sure the vast majority of Mayo fans want ye to do the job on Saturday.

+1
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

sligoman2

Best of wishes to our neighbours dubs have enough won
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Rossfan

Thanks neighbours.
Best of luck to our lads, I know ye won't let us down.
We've a good team but so have Dublin so let's see how it goes.

ROS ABÚ
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Six of the Ros u-21's are also on the Senior panel, with 4 of them regular starters on the senior team. Last weekend, John Evans suggested that after this weekend is over, he was going to invite a few more of the U-21's on to the senior panel. I'd imagine that midfielder Thomas Corcoran would be one of those.

Syferus

http://hill16.ie/news/315301/Dublin_County_Board_Statement_Shane_Carthy

Best wishes to Shane Carthy. Some things are actually more important than football and this is one of them.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on May 01, 2014, 09:40:17 PM
http://hill16.ie/news/315301/Dublin_County_Board_Statement_Shane_Carthy

Best wishes to Shane Carthy. Some things are actually more important than football and this is one of them.
+1 best of luck to him.

Gael85

All the best Shane,your a brave young man to speak out. Puts Saturday game into perspective.