7 (9.7%)
Giggs
12 (16.7%)
None of above
27 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 25, 2014, 04:14:45 PM
The point was that Barcelona were there or thereabouts at the top of the pile in Europe when Guardiola took over.  The guts of the 2009 team were already at the club when he took over.  From the 2006 squad, you had Valdes, Puyol, Sylvinho, Xavi, Iniesta and Eto'o in the 2009 team.  Add into that the like of Messi and Busquets who were already at the club in 2006 but were just too young.  I honestly don't see why Guardiola is so highly regarded.  Until he transforms a team we really don't know how good a manager he is.  At the minute I would rate Mourinho as the best in the business.

It's not Championship Manager though, you don't just put the players in position and the rest takes care of itself. Do you reckon with the success he has had Torquay Utd are going to be appointing him and then he can really prove himself ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

CiKe

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 25, 2014, 04:14:45 PM
The point was that Barcelona were there or thereabouts at the top of the pile in Europe when Guardiola took over.  The guts of the 2009 team were already at the club when he took over.  From the 2006 squad, you had Valdes, Puyol, Sylvinho, Xavi, Iniesta and Eto'o in the 2009 team.  Add into that the like of Messi and Busquets who were already at the club in 2006 but were just too young.  I honestly don't see why Guardiola is so highly regarded.  Until he transforms a team we really don't know how good a manager he is.  At the minute I would rate Mourinho as the best in the business.

Now maybe I'm letting the fact I can't stand Mourinho get in the way but if you have doubts about Guardiola why not Mourinho? Porto was 10 years ago. He has had boatloads of money everywhere else. Mancini had already won Serie A a few times. Real are pretty much guaranteed 2nd place or higher.

Shrewdness

With Guardiola, Klopp, Ancellotti and Mourinho having now all ruled themselves out, if it's true that Giggs won't be considered, then it looks like there's only Van Gaal left?

magpie seanie

I think Mourinho's greatest achievement was winning the CL with Inter. He took a good team that were really no threat to win it and developed them into CL winners by rejuvenating players that no-one else wanted. With Porto it was amazing but there was the surprise element plus I'm still bitter over Scholes perfectly good goal being disallowed before Tim Howard's Packie Bonner esque parry (think Schillaci) with Silvestre looking on nonchalantly let them in for the goal and the famous touchline sprint. That sentence was too long.

rodney trotter

12 Julio Cesar
04 Zanetti
06 Lucio
13 Maicon
25 Samuel
26 Chivu (Stankovic 68)
10 Sneijder
19 Cambiasso
09 Eto'o
22 Milito (Materazzi 90+1)
27 Pandev (Muntari 79)

Was a lot of Quality in the side for players that weren't wanted elsewhere. Cesar was a top keeper gone down hill since. Maicon was of the best right backs in the World then. Zanetti was still a top defender. Cambiasso a brilliant midfield player, and Wesley Sneijder. Eto'o won the Cl with Barca 2 years previously.
Militio had a few clubs before joining Inter was outstanding that season

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Minder on April 23, 2014, 11:41:32 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on April 23, 2014, 11:14:37 AM
Ye're probably right lads. It's me reading too much into it, because i would be delighted if he was our next manager..WHY?..For the simple reason that the man is a winner.

Would you be happy with how his teams play?

End justifies the means is my bottom line in sport.

Anyway it looks like it will be Van Gaal, but there are bound to be more twists to the tale (spun by the media) yet.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Shrewdness

Van Gaal wants this job signed and sealed in next week, and wants to bring as many as 5 backroom staff with him. But United want the class of '92 involved. Interesting to see Sky claiming that United still considering other managers.

stew

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 28, 2014, 09:16:00 PM
Van Gaal wants this job signed and sealed in next week, and wants to bring as many as 5 backroom staff with him. But United want the class of '92 involved. Interesting to see Sky claiming that United still considering other managers.

Feck the class of 92, bring back the lads Moyes sacked like Phelan, they were brilliant, know the club intimately and by the way, have the experience and proven pedigree to get the club back on top.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

BennyHarp

So after their thumping tonight by Real Madrid? Will Bayern be willing to let Pep go?
That was never a square ball!!

magpie seanie

They should but I wouldnt want to see him at United peddling that boring sbite.

nrico2006

I stand by my comments last week that Guardiola has been lucky in his managerial career so far.  Wouldn't want him anywhere near United.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

I seen enough negative tactics this year. No thanks to Pep. Would rather have Van Gaal.

AZOffaly

Hang on, negative shite? I can see the boring shite comment from Seanie alright, because I sometimes got fed up watching the great Barca and Spain team passing teams into a bored stupor. But negative is not a phrase I'd have used with Pep in fairness. In fact you could say it was daft naivete that got  them done last night as they waded into the Real counter attacking plan.

magpie seanie

I would call it negative or maybe conservative, as well as boring. Keeping the ball appears to be more important than trying to score.

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 30, 2014, 09:52:55 AM
Hang on, negative shite? I can see the boring shite comment from Seanie alright, because I sometimes got fed up watching the great Barca and Spain team passing teams into a bored stupor. But negative is not a phrase I'd have used with Pep in fairness. In fact you could say it was daft naivete that got  them done last night as they waded into the Real counter attacking plan.
I thought Bayern's defence against United over the two legs and against Madrid last night was wojous. Would have been absolutely made for Liverpool, for example, who would score a hatful against them - albeit Bayern's wingers and attacking midfielders would cause Liverpool plenty of problems at the other end.

I think its nonsense to call Guardiola's Bayern either negative or boring. Whether he's a great manager or not is perhaps open to question. How he develops them next year will be interesting. Its a pity that that the 2nd/3rd/4th best teams in Germany still sell their best players to Bayern as it devalues the Bundesliga.