DERRY V DUBLIN - ALLIANZ FOOTBALL LEAGUE FINAL

Started by The Hill is Blue, April 21, 2014, 01:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

I just thought I'd get a thread going on the National League Final.

Any thoughts on the likely starting teams?

Will Jim Gavin have any of the walking wounded available – Cian O'Sullivan, Ger Brennan, Dean Rock, etc.

I expect he'll rest the guys from the U21s.

Any thoughts from the Derry lads on how their team will line out and how they might approach the game. 
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Wildweasel74

We were thinking of not turning up to save us a hammering lol

muppet

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 21, 2014, 08:17:36 PM
We were thinking of not turning up to save us a hammering lol

The Dubs have a bad habit of needing big finishes, which in fairness to them they have delivered on many occasions. But from a Derry POV I would hope to get off to a flyer and take the game to them. Then anything can happen.
MWWSI 2017

Captain Obvious

A one point win for Dublin, well thats how they won their last few finals anyway.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Derry will probably start with 14 of the team that beat Mayo; Sean Leo out, with Craig probably in his place.

It is an unexpected day out for us and dublin will probably win. We need to come through this injury free and suspension free.

quiganmaster

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on April 21, 2014, 09:35:58 PM
Derry will probably start with 14 of the team that beat Mayo; Sean Leo out, with Craig probably in his place.

It is an unexpected day out for us and dublin will probably win. We need to come through this injury free and suspension free.
Postie

Duffy            Mckaige          Mcbride

Johnston       O'Kane               Craig

Patsy           Doherty

Mcfaul          Lynch (c)             Lynn

Heron          Mcguckin          O'Boyle

macdanger2

Good luck to Derry although I fancy Dublin to win by a point or two

BennyCake

Derry will need a few goals to win this. I bloody hope they manage it.

DoireGael

Flying back from London for this. Hopefully we make a solid game of it. Fancy us to go toe to toe for the first half.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Cant wait for this one, Fergal vs Mickey D, I will have my binoculars trained on this battle from the lower cusack.

Always had good relations with the derry folks up in clones, and most recently in our all ireland 1/4 final and league outings ..................... dont seem to carry the chip such as laois, kildare and mayo folk

BennyCake

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on April 22, 2014, 01:23:54 PM
Cant wait for this one, Fergal vs Mickey D, I will have my binoculars trained on this battle from the lower cusack.

Always had good relations with the derry folks up in clones, and most recently in our all ireland 1/4 final and league outings ..................... dont seem to carry the chip such as laois, kildare and mayo folk

Ah yes, the Clones match. Wasn't that were you all got lost and missed half the match?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on April 21, 2014, 09:35:58 PM

I'd have thought he'd start mcAlyn at whb - craig fouls too much and the new rules don't suit him

Hope Derry don't get the rabbit in the headlights and freeze as its the dubs in croke park as we have done all too much in the past (except 93)

still, tickets booked, looking forward to it and hoping we give a good perf firstly, then maybe even win it.

but it could go horribly wrong too
still there is no pressure as Dublin are red hot favourites and a good side/barometer to measure against
hope its a sunny day, we enjoy it and we pick up no new Injuries as Donegal are lurking

pity it is a double header as the atmosphere is always lacking on such days

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: BennyCake on April 22, 2014, 01:34:33 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on April 22, 2014, 01:23:54 PM

Ah yes, the Clones match. Wasn't that were you all got lost and missed half the match?

No Im afraid that was thurles against kerry  ;)

J OGorman

Agreed with Lynchy above but I'd say McAlynn will be posted at CHB with Gerd pushed out, horses for courses. 
Should be a decent enough atmosphere as all counties bar wersells will bring decent numbers, though the thousands of the half cut brigade squeezing in past after the Liverpool Chelsea game will be a treat, not
Hopefully we get something out of the game to keep us lit til we come unstuck against Donegals 14 man defence ;-)

Wildweasel74

hope Derrys chances against Dublin are slightly better that Dessie chances against nigel dineen on the poll on the u-21 thread lol