Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on April 29, 2014, 05:31:19 PM
Thats bullshit. Dublin's hurling revival started when the DCB submitted a blueprint in the late 90's. That was open to every other county too. But likes of Laois, Carlow etc and all these other counties were only interested in football and ensuring they got high profile managers.

Instead of waffling on with complete inaccuracies  as you are you should be asking your county board

a) Why didn't they do the same

b) What happened to all the monies.

But no its easier to lie and make up things about the big bad wolf.

The money hasn't helped at all? Why have millions been pumped into Dublin GAA when they didn't need it? According to the Dubs, they would have won all the underage titles and the senior titles that followed without the money. So will Dublin GAA pay all the money back? It's been a waste giving it to them. Any future funding should be stopped also.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 29, 2014, 05:51:15 PM
Thats bullshit. Dublin's hurling revival started when the DCB submitted a blueprint in the late 90's. That was open to every other county too. But likes of Laois, Carlow etc and all these other counties were only interested in football and ensuring they got high profile managers.

Instead of waffling on with complete inaccuracies  as you are you should be asking your county board

The money hasn't helped at all? Why have millions been pumped into Dublin GAA when they didn't need it? According to the Dubs, they would have won all the underage titles and the senior titles that followed without the money. So will Dublin GAA pay all the money back? It's been a waste giving it to them. Any future funding should be stopped also.
its very hard to count this money with all the trophies in the way

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 29, 2014, 05:51:15 PM

You haven't answered the question and I'd like an answer.

Laois gets 250k per annum now for its hurling plan because Pat Critchley and Co put together a blueprint and submitted it. There was nothing to stop that happening in the late 90's.

But the reason it didn't were because you had no interest in hurling and you were too fond of paying excess mileage rates

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 29, 2014, 05:33:06 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 29, 2014, 02:43:38 PM
Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on April 29, 2014, 01:51:00 PM
Think it was Johnny Doyle who said that? It got laughed out of it in some quarters. He said something along the lines of not knowing which way to go to the pitch.
"Follow your ears Johnny...it 's that bit of light at the end of the tunnel. You'll know it where you are when you get there."

Certain it was Earley, on Championship Matters IIRC. I'm sure he did get laughed out of it, maybe in one county in particular. Fact is you leave the dressing room, focused on the task in hand, last minute messages ringing in your ears and all of a sudden you're thrown by not knowing where you're going. Dublin don't have this issue. This is only a recent issue because last year was the first time I became aware of it anyway. And I certainly wasn't going to bring it up after the walloping Dublin gave us as it would be interpreted as sour grapes.

The same issue applies to the Dublin hurlers IF they are also guaranteed the exact same dressing room in Croker. I don't know if this is the case or not but it would be equally unfair.

It was Dermot and he was clearly joking/exaggerating to illustrate the point.

Of course the dressing room has barely a miniscule impact on the game itself and Dublin would still beat all the teams in Leinster if they were made tog out in the gents at the back of the Hogan Stand but if Croke Park is a neutral venue for championship matches then the same protocols and procedures should apply to all teams.

No arguments on that.  Don't know if there is any written rule on how these things work but it is question for the GAA to clarify.

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on April 29, 2014, 06:21:27 PM

Laois gets 250k per annum now for its hurling plan because Pat Critchley and Co put together a blueprint and submitted it. There was nothing to stop that happening in the late 90's.

But the reason it didn't were because you had no interest in hurling and you were too fond of paying excess mileage rates

The usual deflection from Bertie. Laois and 3 other counties get 250k now because the money wasn't available before. They gave the money to Dublin to get a return on an investment, it was a business decision. If you want to discuss this further there's a Laois thread on the hurling forum.

This thread is about Dublin GAA and you've failed to answer anything about the money. Should Dublin GAA pay it all back if you think it had no impact in improving standards at underage level and subsequently at senior?
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 29, 2014, 06:38:17 PM

The usual deflection from Bertie. Laois and 3 other counties get 250k now because the money wasn't available before. They gave the money to Dublin to get a return on an investment, it was a business decision. If you want to discuss this further there's a Laois thread on the hurling forum.

This thread is about Dublin GAA and you've failed to answer anything about the money. Should Dublin GAA pay it all back if you think it had no impact in improving standards at underage level and subsequently at senior?

You're consistent at least...............no answers.

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 29, 2014, 05:05:25 PM
Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on April 29, 2014, 03:39:46 PM
No one is asking you to believe anything DC.  Folk can come with ever theory and reason they like. In fact most on here are .

Ye are equating a sudden success to money and home advantage. This is not a swimmer who suddenly knocked 20 seconds off their Personal best. Dublin team have earned it. They have been thereabouts for a good few years.  Been close and took painful beatings.  We lacked the mental ability to see an AI through. Pat Gilroy fixed that. Jim Gavin took it to the next stage. Brogans, Cluxton, Flynn, Connolly, Brennan, MDMA, ...nothing to do with money. Talented players who finally clicked as a unit (underlying  again good management ).  The current management has done more than previous in introducing young or forgotten players and demanding everyone fights for their place. Previous Dub team had undeniable talent but maybe some were too complacent . There was not the fear of new players being thrown in ahead of them. It was a fairly tight knit squad to try break into .

On your last point, you need to ask the GAA to move finals out of HQ. Have no concern where we play. Explain the money thing in more detail and will reply. At the moment it is just a phrase that means little to the current team's achievement.

Playing at home is an advantage. Having millions of euro at your disposal is an advantage. These aren't theory's, they are cold, hard facts.

Dublin got the games development money to improve football and hurling. In hurling they were nowhere, on a par with Laois and Antrim. The money has brought them a Leinster championship and they're now All Ireland contenders. In football they already had a base, they were competitive at the top level as it was, so the money has brought them to the top.

The time scales all match. The money comes in, underage teams results improve substantially and then the senior teams results improve dramatically, with the aid of their separate fund. Again, this is not opinion. Arguing against this is like arguing that there is no sun, it's fact and it's burning a hole in the very ethos of the GAA.

Saying ' Its fact' on social media is just rhetoric to be honest

Your last sentence sums up what you have decided and are going to stick to.  'Very ethos of the GAA' Jasyis. To me the very ethos of the GAA is seeing clubs where parents/families put a lot to time into their club. I know loads who give all their time to training young players . It's time and dedication - they get no money. Muddy pitches and second hand bibs like everyone else.

My local club has dedicated members but trust me , feck all money. They recently got a player into the senior panel which was a big achievement. You can tell me money is the reason but i would assure you that the player himself, his club coaching staff and the willingness of Dublin selectors to look at all potential players is the reason.

If you caught the snippet on Hector's GAA docu, it showed a club like Cuala and how they started nourishing talent. A club in a rugby stronghold , it took a lot of effort by Parents to keep the club running and move it forward. Again no sign of money used to progress talent. Dedicated people are big factors in Dublin GAA too.......

Banter Panther

'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 29, 2014, 06:38:17 PM

...its about 'playing at home for the rest of the season' .....doesn't say Dublin GAA....but most threads tend to be about Dublin (unless started by a Dub :) )

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on April 29, 2014, 06:40:16 PM
You're consistent at least...............no answers.

Talkiin to yourself in your old age Bertie. Not a good sign.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on April 29, 2014, 06:48:31 PM

Your last sentence sums up what you have decided and are going to stick to.  'Very ethos of the GAA' Jasyis. To me the very ethos of the GAA is seeing clubs where parents/families put a lot to time into their club. I know loads who give all their time to training young players . It's time and dedication - they get no money. Muddy pitches and second hand bibs like everyone else.

My local club has dedicated members but trust me , feck all money. They recently got a player into the senior panel which was a big achievement. You can tell me money is the reason but i would assure you that the player himself, his club coaching staff and the willingness of Dublin selectors to look at all potential players is the reason.

If you caught the snippet on Hector's GAA docu, it showed a club like Cuala and how they started nourishing talent. A club in a rugby stronghold , it took a lot of effort by Parents to keep the club running and move it forward. Again no sign of money used to progress talent. Dedicated people are big factors in Dublin GAA too.......

The GAA is an amateur association, having a professional team compete is against its very ethos.

Like I asked Bertie, if money had nothing to do with it then why don't you pay it back? What did ye do with it all?
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on April 29, 2014, 06:52:32 PM
...its about 'playing at home for the rest of the season' .....doesn't say Dublin GAA....but most threads tend to be about Dublin (unless started by a Dub :) )

Who else is playing at home for the rest of the season?
Peter Quinn

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 29, 2014, 07:19:52 PM
Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on April 29, 2014, 06:48:31 PM

The GAA is an amateur association, having a professional team compete is against its very ethos.

Like I asked Bertie, if money had nothing to do with it then why don't you pay it back? What did ye do with it all?

I gave my share to the banks. It's all about the Ethos....

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 29, 2014, 07:21:18 PM
Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on April 29, 2014, 06:52:32 PM

Who else is playing at home for the rest of the season?

New York I think....

Dont Matter

Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on April 29, 2014, 07:40:47 PM
I gave my share to the banks. It's all about the Ethos....

Yeah your bankers robbed us aswell.
Peter Quinn