Maigh Eo v Doire, Pairc An Chrócaigh, De Domhnaigh 13ú Aibreain, 1400

Started by macdanger2, April 01, 2014, 10:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: cockahoop on April 13, 2014, 07:56:30 PM
I think u should take your own advise as your still stuck in the 50's!!

cockahoop/currychips f**k off back to hoganstand you inbred runt.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: orangeman on April 13, 2014, 08:04:49 PM
Outstanding win for Derry. Brian Mc Iver is a class act. Derry are flying. Well done.

Derry and Dublin will be interesting.

+1

tonysoprano

A lot of nonsense being talked here between both Derry and Mayo posters. Grow up!

A highly entertaining game. I was quietly confident of a Derry victory going into this game as their league form has been excellent. However, I did have concerns that Mayo's experience in HQ would work against us. When Fergal got sent off (for what was an unnecessary hit) I thought Mayo were going to go on and and win comfortably but was pleasantly surprised and impressed with how Derry turned it on. Fantastic performances from Lynch, Sean Leo, McKaigue and well done to Duffy and Johnstone who had solid games. As clichéd as it may sound it is important for the boys to keep the feet on the ground. Derry have got into D1 league finals in recent years but did not perform in championship. Let's hope they improve there game further and match the championship intensity brought by the Dublins, Mayos etc.

Hard luck to Mayo. Still will be in the latter stages of the championship no doubt!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: tonysoprano on April 13, 2014, 08:23:54 PM
A lot of nonsense being talked here between both Derry and Mayo posters. Grow up!

A highly entertaining game. I was quietly confident of a Derry victory going into this game as their league form has been excellent. However, I did have concerns that Mayo's experience in HQ would work against us. When Fergal got sent off (for what was an unnecessary hit) I thought Mayo were going to go on and and win comfortably but was pleasantly surprised and impressed with how Derry turned it on. Fantastic performances from Lynch, Sean Leo, McKaigue and well done to Duffy and Johnstone who had solid games. As clichéd as it may sound it is important for the boys to keep the feet on the ground. Derry have got into D1 league finals in recent years but did not perform in championship. Let's hope they improve there game further and match the championship intensity brought by the Dublins, Mayos etc.

Hard luck to Mayo. Still will be in the latter stages of the championship no doubt!

No issues with proper Derry fans like yourself.

Shrewdness

A few questions for the Mayo posters here. What is the feeling in Mayo with the continued positioning of Keith Higgins in the forwards? I believe he should be put back to corner back. Also, what's the story with Alan Dillon, and where have Adam Gallagher and Evan Regan gone to?

whitey

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 13, 2014, 07:17:45 PM
Quote from: currychip on April 13, 2014, 07:10:40 PM
http://balls.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/docg.gif

I looked at the Fergal Doherty shoulder on O Shea, see above.  It's always difficult to be certain without slowing down to the second by second play to see what really happened.  I think it was shoulder to shoulder.  What I can see is that O Shea was definitely not hit on the face, yet he goes down holding his face.  It's no wonder Mayo have won nothing if this is this is the caliber of their men.  I have u12 girls playing and they are braver.

Hold ones face for protection when falling is instinctive when hit or in a fall. Nothing wrong with Mayomen.

I figured out how to slow motion the clip-definite clash of heads  (or rather Derry head to O Se's face) prior to him hitting the deck

orangeman

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 13, 2014, 09:18:30 PM
A few questions for the Mayo posters here. What is the feeling in Mayo with the continued positioning of Keith Higgins in the forwards? I believe he should be put back to corner back. Also, what's the story with Alan Dillon, and where have Adam Gallagher and Evan Regan gone to?

You'll get in trouble for that.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 13, 2014, 07:24:39 PM
Quote from: cockahoop on April 13, 2014, 07:21:33 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 13, 2014, 07:10:34 PM
Quote from: cockahoop on April 13, 2014, 06:58:44 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on April 04, 2014, 11:05:53 AM
ill preface this with i know mayo could still lose but it would be embarrassing in the extreme if they did ,
Derry are showing the league no respect whatsoever and its very unfair on the players from counties trying to Qualify when Derry seem to be trying to throw this game.
there should be a 'Bringing the game into disrepute charge ' to Punish  this behaviour.
I'm seriously thinking  about deliberately missing  my 1st league game in about 5 years , So what if mayo win against a team of Derry subs and a loss as i said would be a disaster.
next time you hear about a Derry club or CB whinging about Finance they should be reminded of sunday

shock horror Mayo shit the nest against 14 men in croker!!!

A quote like that leaves yourself as open as Rosnarun for ridicule in a couple of weeks time. Enjoy your victory. It was well deserved. But you have won nothing yet. When you have you can get on you high horse. (But even then there will be some one waiting to knock you off.)

I am very aware of Derry capabilities and at the minute are punching well above there weight but a lot of you Mayo folk have serious disallusions  of grandure

A sure we are nothing on the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland City of culture but sure we will be happy being back in Croke Park when it's Summer ;)
Resorting to that old craic is adolescent puerile and let's yourself down.
Do you have to start down that route ?

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 13, 2014, 09:18:30 PM

Who would you replace from last year's corner-back starters? Turbo Tom or Barrett?

Evan. I'm sure someone else can explain that one. Suffice to say he isn't likely to be on the panel this year.

Thought Doherty did well today, Gallagher may have to settle for time off the bench this summer going on how he was used today, i.e. not at all.

Zulu

Doesn't matter who you drop, as there's no point continuing with an experiment that's not working.

Doherty was very poor for most of the game, he didn't do anything at all in the first half.

ONeill

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 13, 2014, 07:17:45 PM

Hold ones face for protection when falling is instinctive when hit or in a fall. Nothing wrong with Mayomen.

Erm, come again?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lynchbhoy

Great win for Derry today.
Some outstanding individual perf and team perf , organisation , tactics/playing style.
Management have done fantastically.
Still think that e Bradley would augment the side as a supersub

Mayo really should have won as it was on a plate. Their style seems a bit confused. Also not sure if they know what their best starting xv is!

They were a cynical side so the new rules have affected them as it has affected Tyrone and hopefully Donegal too!
My proof is the amount of scores mayo shipped in the league and was the cause of my own optimism this morning.
Derry to my chagrin have been naive and too clean for years- so the new rules won't stunt, but assist us!

Hard luck mayo- had great chats with the mayo, cork and dub fans around. As it should be in Crocker amongst real GAA fans.

Ferg Doherty second yellow correct. First one I thought was harsh, but that's football. Ref was a bit inconsistent to both sides.
Not easy to ref these faster games under new rules.

Spoke with old team mate Sean maher of mayo, Anthony Finnerty and galwayman Tomas tierney who all lamented mayos play but reckoned we are all better off retired as the new rules make football aoat a non contact game by comparison to yesteryear

Dublin will be very hard to beat in the final and I'm not sure we will beat them but we can try.
Donegal await in the long grass the hoors !

Great game from 14 man Derry though!

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on April 13, 2014, 09:29:11 PM
Doesn't matter who you drop, as there's no point continuing with an experiment that's not working.

Doherty was very poor for most of the game, he didn't do anything at all in the first half.

A couple balls dropped into the keeper's hands but it seemed like wind was a factor. I don't see many options better than him on the wing, Feeney and Gallagher included. Gallagher is still very young and if you're chasing an AI now I can't see how that tact makes much sense. Always been clear that Doherty is talented. Himself and Freeman had the same inconsistent tags heading into last season until Freeman got a good run and started to get his confidence back. I wouldn't be surprised if the same wasn't true of Doherty.

Thought Sweeney looked good in bursts but unless he's moved out to wing forward (haven't a clue if he's played there for Kiltaine but it's the one open spot he is anyways suited to) I don't see him starting the big games.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 13, 2014, 09:26:02 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 13, 2014, 07:24:39 PM
Quote from: cockahoop on April 13, 2014, 07:21:33 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 13, 2014, 07:10:34 PM
Quote from: cockahoop on April 13, 2014, 06:58:44 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on April 04, 2014, 11:05:53 AM
ill preface this with i know mayo could still lose but it would be embarrassing in the extreme if they did ,
Derry are showing the league no respect whatsoever and its very unfair on the players from counties trying to Qualify when Derry seem to be trying to throw this game.
there should be a 'Bringing the game into disrepute charge ' to Punish  this behaviour.
I'm seriously thinking  about deliberately missing  my 1st league game in about 5 years , So what if mayo win against a team of Derry subs and a loss as i said would be a disaster.
next time you hear about a Derry club or CB whinging about Finance they should be reminded of sunday

shock horror Mayo shit the nest against 14 men in croker!!!

A quote like that leaves yourself as open as Rosnarun for ridicule in a couple of weeks time. Enjoy your victory. It was well deserved. But you have won nothing yet. When you have you can get on you high horse. (But even then there will be some one waiting to knock you off.)

I am very aware of Derry capabilities and at the minute are punching well above there weight but a lot of you Mayo folk have serious disallusions  of grandure

A sure we are nothing on the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland City of culture but sure we will be happy being back in Croke Park when it's Summer ;)
Resorting to that old craic is adolescent puerile and let's yourself down.
Do you have to start down that route ?

"S.T.N" subhuman comment makes it totally reasonable.

rodney trotter

Is Jason Doherty not better corner forward? He was lethal last year with DIT, in the FF line