Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane.

Started by EC Unique, March 09, 2014, 10:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2014, 11:25:17 AM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on March 10, 2014, 11:21:21 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 10, 2014, 11:19:53 AM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on March 10, 2014, 10:39:31 AM
It was confirmed that the luggage of the 5 people who didn't board was taken off the flight.

Maybe a tap on the shoulder and a quiet word in the ear made these 5 people not get the flight, just adding to the conspiracy theory!!!

All very sensational and not very likely. People miss planes all the time when they've checked in. I've no doubt we'll find out what happened, just a matter of when.

5 people ?

I've never checked in and missed getting  on board nor do I know anybody that has. But I would assume that on occasion, passengers do miss planes.
Its very common, you can check in online days beforehand and anything can happen on the day of a flight - sickness, traffic etc.

take_yer_points

Quote from: ludermor on March 10, 2014, 12:17:28 PM
It was confirmed that the luggage of the 5 people who didn't board was taken off the flight.

Maybe a tap on the shoulder and a quiet word in the ear made these 5 people not get the flight, just adding to the conspiracy theory!!!

All very sensational and not very likely. People miss planes all the time when they've checked in. I've no doubt we'll find out what happened, just a matter of when.

5 people ?

I've never checked in and missed getting  on board nor do I know anybody that has. But I would assume that on occasion, passengers do miss planes.
Its very common, you can check in online days beforehand and anything can happen on the day of a flight - sickness, traffic etc.

They were checked in with bags on the plane though I think - it wasn't that they didn't show up at all

muppet

Quote from: take_yer_points on March 10, 2014, 12:19:16 PM
Quote from: ludermor on March 10, 2014, 12:17:28 PM

5 people ?

They were checked in with bags on the plane though I think - it wasn't that they didn't show up at all

But the bags were offloaded. This happens all the time. Bar/duty free/asleep/lost etc.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Here is an airframe that wasn't found for 50 years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947_BSAA_Avro_Lancastrian_Star_Dust_accident

Update:

'Mario Balotelli' lookalike had stolen passports (I am not making this up): http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-mario-balotelli-lookalikes-had-stolen-passports-1439638

MWWSI 2017

muppet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Express_Flight_812

This crash was due to pilot error/fatigue/eastern cultural issues etc.

There were up to 10 fake passports used by passengers on that flight according to the BBC: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26503141
MWWSI 2017

Hereiam

Poor Tom Hanks wasn't found for 1500 days after his plane crash. Just saying.

AZOffaly

Ara sure he was lost in a Terminal for years as well. That lads a Jennet.

armaghniac

I'd say some of those dodgy passports are related to drugs and the like rather than someone trying to wreck the plane.I expect such people will not be embarking at KL for a while as they will be checking things very thoroughly.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Aaron Boone

This turned out to be a good title for the thread.

DennistheMenace

They are searching both sides of the peninsula now, authorities holding information it seems.

muppet

Quote from: DennistheMenace on March 11, 2014, 08:48:23 AM
They are searching both sides of the peninsula now, authorities holding information it seems.

That is truly bizarre. Imagine if the Irish authorities weren't sure if an aircraft had crashed in the Atlantic or the Irish Sea.

Something not right here.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

What sort of info are they holding back ?

It is "believed" that one of the stolen passport travellers was seeking asylum. So everything is ok.

southdown

This is highly bizzare.

I know nothing about planes, but surely the black box should be designed so that the info can be accessed remotely to help in situations like this?

DennistheMenace

Quote from: muppet on March 11, 2014, 08:59:30 AM

That is truly bizarre. Imagine if the Irish authorities weren't sure if an aircraft had crashed in the Atlantic or the Irish Sea.

Something not right here.

Exactly what was I thinking. If it was some distance away from it's flight path and there was both no radio contact and not showing on radar then it's completely bizarre and I'm thinking the Malyasian govt have more information than they are letting on. Structural damage, electrical damage or suicide still the 3 most likeiest scenarios but something doesn't add up and we won't know until the plane is found.

orangeman

Quote from: southdown on March 11, 2014, 09:15:49 AM
This is highly bizzare.

I know nothing about planes, but surely the black box should be designed so that the info can be accessed remotely to help in situations like this?

Apparently this facility doesn't exist presently.