Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane.

Started by EC Unique, March 09, 2014, 10:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

This seems a strange story with little sign of what has happened.

Eamonnca1

Just thinking that myself. Last I heard she'd probably turned back.

The black box data will be interesting.

Saffrongael

Talk now that it turned back, and to add intrigue two passengers travelling on stolen passports, sitting beside each other, seemingly travelling together.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

EC Unique

This is the really strange one. Reports that a relative tried to ring a passengers phone and it connected but then cut off. They are now using mobile phone signals to try to locate the plane. If it were under water surely the phone would not have connected?

muppet

http://tuoitrenews.vn/society/18157/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-has-not-entered-vn-airspace-caav

Vietnamese reporting their military radar tracked it and claim it has crashed into the sea.

Weather doesn't seem to have been an issue, unlike Air France 447

Whatever went wrong, it must have happened pretty quickly as there was no Mayday call.
MWWSI 2017

CD

Local radio station, who do a Sunday morning playlist based on songs connected to this week's news recommended by listeners, just played 'Flying Without Wings.' I think that one slipped through the net! Tasteless!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Hereiam

Strange that no debris has been spotted yet.

macdanger2

Quote from: Hereiam on March 09, 2014, 12:08:06 PM

Is it?? Big ocean, small plane. Perhaps odd that they can't track the black box but maybe it's very deep??

lawnseed

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 09, 2014, 03:07:55 PM

Is it?? Big ocean, small plane. Perhaps odd that they can't track the black box but maybe it's very deep??
Hold on.. They couldnt find the rat ship and it floats..
Various groups getting the blame.. Strange that they cant locate it. Must have sank in one piece
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Sea The Stars

Quote from: lawnseed on March 09, 2014, 06:35:49 PM

Various groups getting the blame.. Strange that they cant locate it. Must have sank in one piece

Surely a plane falling out of the sky will break up into thousands of pieces once it hits the water. I'm by no means an expert but I would be amazed if the sea acted as a cushion on impact allowing it to sink as one.

I think it's long odds on the plane suffered some kind of explosion whilst at 35,000ft hence the sudden disappearance. You would also think if it did make it from 35,000ft to 0ft in one, someone might have radioed from help at some point. 

It all seems very mysterious. You would think they would have located a wreckage by now. It wasn't far from land and a modern plane like that must have some kind of tracking device on it. 

Also there seems to be a lot of false reports. We've had reports of oil slicks being linked to the plane, a door and a tail initially thought to belong to the plane, the confusion over passports and then the possibility the plane turned around.

macdanger2

Awful sad for the families, all the confusion around it can't be helping either

Apparently so

Batman stole it and took it for a joyride

muppet

Quote from: Sea The Stars on March 09, 2014, 07:00:43 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 09, 2014, 06:35:49 PM

Surely a plane falling out of the sky will break up into thousands of pieces once it hits the water. I'm by no means an expert but I would be amazed if the sea acted as a cushion on impact allowing it to sink as one.

I think it's long odds on the plane suffered some kind of explosion whilst at 35,000ft hence the sudden disappearance. You would also think if it did make it from 35,000ft to 0ft in one, someone might have radioed from help at some point. 

It all seems very mysterious. You would think they would have located a wreckage by now. It wasn't far from land and a modern plane like that must have some kind of tracking device on it. 

Also there seems to be a lot of false reports. We've had reports of oil slicks being linked to the plane, a door and a tail initially thought to belong to the plane, the confusion over passports and then the possibility the plane turned around.

It is possible to land safely on water but the aircraft has to be in one piece and controllable. If that was the case you would have expected a mayday call. AirFrance 447 was still in one piece when it hit the water, but it was out of control and didn't get a mayday call in.

As for tracking devices, there would almost certainly be be ELTs (Emergency Locator Transmitters) on board and the black box also has the ability to emit a signal. But it took 2 years to locate the AF447 black boxes, although that was in much deeper water.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Surely in this day and age, with all the technology* available to airlines and air traffic control centres, the last known whereabouts of this plane shouldn't be that much of a mystery?!

*Providing it works.

Tony Baloney

Reports of possible wreckage found, which due to its lack of concentration, some investigators are saying indicates the plane disintegrated at altitude. If it came apart 6 miles up over sea there isn't much hope of piecing that together!