Black card = goals galore

Started by Jinxy, February 02, 2014, 03:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger95

Well that is it Muppet - I knew there was nothing specific in the rule about preventing scoring chances, I'm just wondering has this filtered through to refs through osmosis, or whether they got instructions from Pat McEnaney? It just seemed like that to me. I would say of the black card and the other two Dublin incidents, the Mayo one was definitely the most blatant - replays were very clear on that.

muppet

Quote from: easytiger95 on March 30, 2014, 07:07:33 PM
Well that is it Muppet - I knew there was nothing specific in the rule about preventing scoring chances, I'm just wondering has this filtered through to refs through osmosis, or whether they got instructions from Pat McEnaney? It just seemed like that to me. I would say of the black card and the other two Dublin incidents, the Mayo one was definitely the most blatant - replays were very clear on that.

I couldn't see replays as I was at the game. IIRC Boyle's happened around the 21m line so was definitely a black card candidate if it was a foul.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

On Seo Spoirt now, Dublin and Westmeath are the only teams to have not been handed a black card throughout the league.

That's a major achievement.

9 games and no black cards.