9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: June 08, 2007, 10:59:36 PM

The Real Laoislad

Penalty for LAOIS

fcuk it missed
You'll Never Walk Alone.

westmayo

Tierney misses peanlty for laois, loais up 6 to 5. Donie Kingston who came on for laois is 16 according to mid west some size of a 16 year old

westmayo

Laois 0-11
Mayo 0-6

Full time, well deserved win for Laois today.

armaghniac

Full time

Laois 0-11
mayo 0-6

I hope the bookies were as wrong about tomorrows game as they were today!

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

Very disappointing performance from Mayo today. Kept giving the balol away and when you do that at any level you deserve to be punished. Well done Laois, totally deserved win. Poor refereeing I thought.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Onlooker

Out of 78 votes for the county likely to win the Under 21 All Ireland, Mayo got 33 votes and Laois got 5.  Does not say much for the judgment of those of us who voted on this thread!.

corn02

How many Laois men voted and how many Mayo men voted. I voted for Armagh simply because I am from Armagh.

Referee spoiled the match for me. The sending off had a big impact. But Laois were very attack minded and deserved their win. Cork or Armagh wil lfind it hard.

The Real Laoislad

Great win for us and fully deserved,While the sending off probably told in the end with the big margin of victory,i think Laois were on top right throughout and should have been more up at half time only for some bad wides
The Ref was awful,it was anything but a dirty game and 11 yellow cards was way over the top
I voted for Laois naturally but from reading a lot of the posts,a lot of the posters where talking more about who they be playing in the Final rather than beating Laois

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Redgreenery

Very disppointing result today. Laois wanted it much more than Mayo. Mayo played desperate in nearly every part of the field and the ref, well he must have been the worst referee I ever seen.

Best of luck to Laois in the final.

blast05

Woops, posted this on the Laois thread, probabl should have posted it here instead:

QuoteVery disappointing from Mayo perspective. Fell to pieces after we had man sent off and Moran (midfielder) went off injured. Mind boggling that our sideline left our best player (No. 11) in the full forward line for 50 minutes where no ball was going and brought him out when the game was lost expecting him to perform a Houdini act.
For anyone that was watching it on TV - did the keeper save the penalty or did it hit the post ? and was the Mayo sending off justified ? It looked more like the Mayo guy lost his footing as he was going in with the shoulder and ending up taking the legs from under the Laois guy but i was on the opposite side of the ground so may be wrong.

Fair play for Laois though, they upped their game in the 2nd half and reduced their error count dramatically unlike Mayo and were well deserving winners

In addition to above, McMenamin from Burrishole was left way too long at No. 11 and the decision not to move Hanley there half way through the first half was as poor a decision by a Mayo sideline as i have seen in some time.,

As for the vote on this thread, it is only reflective of where the posters on this board are from.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: blast05 on April 21, 2007, 05:55:37 PM
Woops, posted this on the Laois thread, probabl should have posted it here instead:

QuoteVery disappointing from Mayo perspective. Fell to pieces after we had man sent off and Moran (midfielder) went off injured. Mind boggling that our sideline left our best player (No. 11) in the full forward line for 50 minutes where no ball was going and brought him out when the game was lost expecting him to perform a Houdini act.
For anyone that was watching it on TV - did the keeper save the penalty or did it hit the post ? and was the Mayo sending off justified ? It looked more like the Mayo guy lost his footing as he was going in with the shoulder and ending up taking the legs from under the Laois guy but i was on the opposite side of the ground so may be wrong.

Fair play for Laois though, they upped their game in the 2nd half and reduced their error count dramatically unlike Mayo and were well deserving winners

In addition to above, McMenamin from Burrishole was left way too long at No. 11 and the decision not to move Hanley there half way through the first half was as poor a decision by a Mayo sideline as i have seen in some time.,

As for the vote on this thread, it is only reflective of where the posters on this board are from.

It was generally a poor game,i dont know did the occasion get to both teams, i wonder how many hand passes went astray today?especially from Mayo. Laois were deserving of their win, but i thought our back lines today were superb. The standard of refeering today was shocking its not like Laois or Mayo have any reputations of been dirty teams coming into the game. The yellow card count was unreal and the ref pulled it up at every opportunity. to be honest, the ref was a little over weight and i think he found keeping up with play difficult. But well done to Laois and sure we have tomorrow to look forward to.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Onlooker on April 21, 2007, 04:37:56 PM
Out of 78 votes for the county likely to win the Under 21 All Ireland, Mayo got 33 votes and Laois got 5.  Does not say much for the judgment of those of us who voted on this thread!.

Either that or it shows how many Mayo contributors are on the site. ;D

From the Bunker

Well done to Laois, Well deserved win. They were far the hungrier and from this got the breaks. Poor Ros team in Connacht final plus losing key players did not help the Mayo Cause. Best of Luck again to Laois.

David McKeown

Anyone know where I can coverage of todays game?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Armagh Exile

David,
Radio Ulster are covering the game.
You have to tune into 1341 Medium Wave.