27 (75%)
Laois
9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: June 08, 2007, 10:59:36 PM

Rma13

I'm presuming you meant "physique"!!

Fishead_Sam

Ya I just couldn't spell it, as you can see spelling not my fortae  ;)

Rma13

loupy

Armagh are very strong. They'll be hard to stop. B. Donaghy is a monster!! He ate my babies. :D

Fishead_Sam

Hey Loupy this Mayo team may just be the ones to stop them, they have looked like the best underage team I have ever seen, Mayo or othrwise, now this must be noted they have only played Connacht Opposition so far this year and we don't want to fall into the trap that the Dublin seniors sunk into last year when they hit non-Leinster opposition.

But I think it may be the real deal as they are the Current A.I. Champions, they are looking significantly better and alot bigger than the team that beat Tyrone & Cork last year, with many of last years players, watch out for a forward called Pierce Hanley, he looks like a Mayo forward we haven't seen in a long long time, big, strong, direct, nearly perfect accuracy, intelligent football, knows when to take his points, pass or shoot for goal. (Fingers crossed we might just have found our Mattie/Gooch/Declan Browne or John Doyle of the future)

8)

Extremely Confident Mayoman, will we ever learn?

The Real Laoislad

Are Laois being wrote off completely?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Fishead_Sam

What Paddy Powers Reckons on the weekends games

Saturday
15:00 Mayo U21 v Laois U21   
Mayo 8 - 15   
Draw 7 - 1   
Laois  9 - 5   

Sunday
15:00 Cork U21 v Armagh U21   
Cork 4 - 6   
Draw 13 - 2   
Armagh 6 - 4     

Ladbrooks
Saturday
15:00
Mayo 1/2
Draw 15/2
Laois 2/1

Sunday
15:00
Cork 4/7
Draw 15/2
Armagh 7/4

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Tatler Jack

If Cork play to their potential they will be hard to beat. Unlike the seniors this team play more direct football and have forwards that can score. Goold and O'Sullivan are a good midfireld pairing and the half back line is strong. Like Mayo they  have a lot of last years team that reached the final available and they were close enough to winning it. I have not seen Armagh play this year but if this Cork team play to their potential andGoold is fully recovered from injury I think they will win and go on to get revenge on Mayo in the final. Overall a good year for U21 with 4 good teams in the semis.

judas1

Anyone know if either of these semi finals are being shown on TG4 over the weekend?

loupy

Fishhead Sam, you wouldn't happened to be Pierce Hanley?  :D Only messin, I'll investigate your claims and get back to you on that on.

Fishead_Sam

Wish I had he footballing ability, I have the handling of Chandler out of friends, the kicking of koala bear & the eyesight of an 80 year old.

Actually hope he did not read that and get a big head.

OirthearMhaigheo

Sam I agree, young Hanley looks a great prospect but I think we should go easy on the hype, we have built up enough players in the past and they have amounted to sweet fa. He seems like a level headed lad though so hopefully he will knuckle down over the next few years and we'll see the best of him.
As for the game on Saturday, I don't know an awful lot about Laois. I believe they won the All-Ireland at minor so they must be handy enough. This Mayo outfit looked class against Ross, but then again it was just Ross, no offence intended towards Ross fans but by their own admission that was a crap team or at least a sh1te performance on the day. I'm going to give our boys the vote of confidence for tomorrow though out of pure bias if nothing else! one thing is for definite it will take a good team to stop them provided we are at full strength and Barry Moran is able to line out. If not then we could be in bother.

Fishead_Sam

Agreed Tatler Jack, there can't have been many years where you have the talent of Mayo, Armagh & Cork playing in the Semi's at the same time, and according to the Laois lads they have as damn good team too, the Laois lads don't sound like its bravado, more like they think they may have the real deal too. No offence to Laois who may go on to win the thing, but very surprised not to see more people voting for Cork, they had a damn fine team last year with many still there, and on accounts heard & highlights watched they are better than last year.

The Real Laoislad

Do you not think the votes are so high because there are more posters from Mayo/Armagh?
What station is Laois v Mayo on telly tomorow?
You'll Never Walk Alone.