Who will be U-21 Champions in 2007?

Cork
27 (75%)
Laois
9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: June 08, 2007, 10:59:36 PM

laoisgaa

I've watched Laois, Offaly and Cork live in action this year and have seen a DVD of Mayo's Connacht title win. Looking at Cork firstly they had it very tough to get over Tipperary in the Munster Final and will certainly have learned alot from that game. Their manager Tony Leahy feels that Laois should pull through in Leinster - this is a Laois under 21 team that at minor level was reckoned to be better than their counterparts who won the All-Ireland title the previous year. Mayo have lost a few of last year's side but are a formidable outfit. Don't know a huge amount about Armagh or Monaghan but the form book to date this year suggests that both Armagh and Laois will pull through Saturday's provincial deciders. Mayo and Cork is a very tough semi-final to predict and to be honest it's really anyones guess as to what side will take All-Ireland silverware this year

The Real Laoislad

Thats a fair big fence your sitting on Laoisgaa :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Fishead_Sam

Anyone know for certain yet,

Connacht V Leinster
Muster V Ulster

OR

Connaught V Munster
Ulster V Leinster

OirthearMhaigheo

As far as I know it's Connacht v Ulster. That's the general word on the street plus the fact that we played Leinster (Kildare) in 2004 in Pearse stadium with Armagh v Cork on the same day suggests it will be the same pairings again this year.

judas1

According to the official website cadburyu21gaa or something like that, the semifinal pairings are definately Ulster v Leinster & Munster v Connaught.

ard mhaca abu

according to the cadburygaau21.com ulster v leisters on the 21st of april and cork v mayo in the other semi-final! good speach from dermot earyl on the web site about the u21 championship!

Tubberman

Clarity at last!  :D
Could be a repeat of last year's final yet. Taken from breakingnews.ie:

The Competitions Control Committee of the GAA have clarified the semi-final pairings for the Cadbury's under-21 Football Championship.

Confusion had arisen after the publication of differing sets of fixtures for the All-Ireland semi-finals in the GAA's Annual Diary and the Official Fixture List.

The GAA have now confirmed that the semi-final pairings will see the Connacht champions Mayo face either Laois or Offaly, who play in the Leinster final tomorrow, while Munster winners Cork will take on the either Armagh or Monaghan who face each other in tomorrow's Ulster decider.

Cadbury's under-21 All-Ireland Football Championship semi-finals -

Cork v Ulster winners (Armagh/Monaghan)
Mayo v Leinster winners (Laois/Offaly)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Fishead_Sam

Well thank God for that now the teams and managers can prepare properly for their opposition

nrico2006

Due to the fact that armagh dethroned the current ulster champions and 2004 all ireland champs Tyrone, my money would go on them.  They play well as a unit, and have no superstars.  Monaghan seem impressive too, big strong side.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Heshs Umpire

Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Fishead_Sam

Think Your right Hesh, but no shortage of good teams this year. Mayo & Cork have alot of experience and I have heard alot of praise for Laois & Armagh, dont know much about offaly & Monaghan. If Im right didnt Offaly beat Kildare who beat a very fancied Dublin U-21 team this year!

Fishead_Sam

Armagh catching up with Mayo in the Poll  :-\

illdecide

If Armagh can beat Cork tomorrow and then win their next match i think they will win it... ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Quote from: illdecide on April 19, 2007, 01:34:08 PM
If Armagh can beat Cork tomorrow and then win their next match i think they will win it... ;)

Is the game changed to Friday?
When & where is it? ;)

Fishead_Sam

Ya I reckon if Mayo beat Laois and win the next match they probably win it too.

Strangely enough this U-21 Mayo team resemble an Ulster Under-age team in Physic rather than the traditional little nippy player (except Ronaldson of course who still fits that mould)