Michael Murphy

Started by BennyCake, October 28, 2013, 09:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Should be interesting next summer all right. Murphy has torn  Derry asunder in the past when they'd no one who could handle him.

J OGorman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2013, 10:29:43 AM
Quote from: CD on December 02, 2013, 10:09:11 AM
Quote from: CD on December 02, 2013, 10:06:46 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2013, 09:54:19 AM
Quote from: screenexile on December 02, 2013, 09:16:27 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2013, 09:23:33 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 01, 2013, 09:21:27 PM
Murphy was outstanding today for Glenswilly, without him they be fairly ordinary, i go as far to say that he going the way of Peter Canavan in that 1 player can make all the different on a ordinary team. He probably the number one player in Ireland right now and that's with the gooch on great from too. Hell them 2 in the same team would be a f**king nightmare to counteract. has great off the ball running and most importantly vision. he keeps on playing the way he does, he go down as one of the all time greats. He the different between Donegal being a good team and been an all-Ireland winning one.

Seriously? Flukey goal, a great point that was it, a way off the ones you have mentioned

Jaysus Milltown were you at the match? If he didn't score he was the last pass for all of Glenswilly's scores... Every time he got the ball the crowd was on edge. I thought he was superb and only that Glenswilly have too many average footballers they could well have won the game because Ballinderry were far from their best.

I was at the game he played against us and I listened to the game yesterday on the radio, I can only judge it on that, I seen a few stray passes that day and he bought a few frees also, as do most forwards.

I just don't think he's in the Linden, Cooper and Cavanan style. Though they are different types of forwards. He's probably in the Sean Cavanagh type player for me. I still think Murphy is a class act but he's really got to find a position

Murphy is a one man team for Glenswilly. He dragged them to that final almost single handedly and on another day Ballinderry would have hammered them. Well done to Murphy for getting them there - a brilliant achievement by a fantastic footballer.

And don't talk to me about former all star Neil Gallagher.

I thought against us he was their best player

Galls must be in bother so

Milltown Row2

We are well past our best, heading towards a transitional period, we have done well and won the big one but have under achieved a few times. Hopefully with good structures in place we can build another decent team.

We've never had a main player over the years, just a hard working team. Ballinderry have the same, young old players blended well, and what a sub to bring on in Mulldoon, who salvaged a draw against us in Casement with a injury time goal the year they won the All Ireland >:(

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jftj

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2013, 09:54:19 AM
Quote from: screenexile on December 02, 2013, 09:16:27 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2013, 09:23:33 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 01, 2013, 09:21:27 PM
Murphy was outstanding today for Glenswilly, without him they be fairly ordinary, i go as far to say that he going the way of Peter Canavan in that 1 player can make all the different on a ordinary team. He probably the number one player in Ireland right now and that's with the gooch on great from too. Hell them 2 in the same team would be a f**king nightmare to counteract. has great off the ball running and most importantly vision. he keeps on playing the way he does, he go down as one of the all time greats. He the different between Donegal being a good team and been an all-Ireland winning one.

Seriously? Flukey goal, a great point that was it, a way off the ones you have mentioned

Jaysus Milltown were you at the match? If he didn't score he was the last pass for all of Glenswilly's scores... Every time he got the ball the crowd was on edge. I thought he was superb and only that Glenswilly have too many average footballers they could well have won the game because Ballinderry were far from their best.

I was at the game he played against us and I listened to the game yesterday on the radio, I can only judge it on that, I seen a few stray passes that day and he bought a few frees also, as do most forwards.

I just don't think he's in the Linden, Cooper and Cavanan style. Though they are different types of forwards. He's probably in the Sean Cavanagh type player for me. I still think Murphy is a class act but he's really got to find a position
i have to agree there.murphy is a ff full stop.i played mcrory cup against tohjll,brewster,mc cartan etc and the first time i saw canavan kick a ball[ulster minor league in coalisland]i thought tyrone had beamed hjm in from outer space.murphy will not hit these heights.id guess top 20-30 all time great along with joe mc kenna[very simialar]peter the great out on hjs own.

BennyCake

It's time to revive the big man's thread.

Great game today from him. Great player to watch.

Never thought he'd miss that last free to draw the game.

SouthDublinBro

He's twice the player Cillian O'Connor is.

maigheo

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 21, 2019, 10:22:04 PM
Jeez South Dublin Bro you are an idiot. Michael Murphy is a super player and I do not know why you bring C.O.C into it

under the bar

Quote from: maigheo on July 21, 2019, 10:32:10 PM
Jeez South Dublin Bro you are an idiot. Michael Murphy is a super player and I do not know why you bring C.O.C into it

Perhaps 'cos most Dub fans today are glory-hunting knob-jockeys?

thejuice

Has Murphy ever been sent off?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

BennyCake

Quote from: thejuice on July 21, 2019, 10:51:37 PM

Yep, v Cavan in 2011. Unfairly though.

And v Galway 2 or 3 years ago when they lost heavily.

moysider

Quote from: maigheo on July 21, 2019, 10:32:10 PM

+1. You couldn't make some of the shit here up.

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on July 21, 2019, 11:00:54 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 21, 2019, 10:51:37 PM

Yep, v Cavan in 2011. Unfairly though.

And v Galway 2 or 3 years ago when they lost heavily.

I remember him getting the line in Omagh in a league game six or seven years ago. Think it was two yellows though.

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on July 21, 2019, 10:21:07 PM
It's time to revive the big man's thread.

Great game today from him. Great player to watch.

Never thought he'd miss that last free to draw the game.

He's been immense since he returned to the team late in the league. Player of the year level performances, although he won't be a contender unless we make the AI final.

omochain

The player of the Championship so far. Most important player to his team and he always comes through in the clutch. Now if he had sense he would move to Keady ;)

Tubberman

Quote from: omochain on July 22, 2019, 06:46:24 AM
The player of the Championship so far. Most important player to his team and he always comes through in the clutch. Now if he had sense he would move to Keady ;)

He'd return to his parents county and we'd finally win the shagging thing - maybe
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."