Michael Murphy

Started by BennyCake, October 28, 2013, 09:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Wildweasel74

Murphy was outstanding today for Glenswilly, without him they be fairly ordinary, i go as far to say that he going the way of Peter Canavan in that 1 player can make all the different on a ordinary team. He probably the number one player in Ireland right now and that's with the gooch on great from too. Hell them 2 in the same team would be a f**king nightmare to counteract. has great off the ball running and most importantly vision. he keeps on playing the way he does, he go down as one of the all time greats. He the different between Donegal being a good team and been an all-Ireland winning one.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 01, 2013, 09:21:27 PM
Murphy was outstanding today for Glenswilly, without him they be fairly ordinary, i go as far to say that he going the way of Peter Canavan in that 1 player can make all the different on a ordinary team. He probably the number one player in Ireland right now and that's with the gooch on great from too. Hell them 2 in the same team would be a f**king nightmare to counteract. has great off the ball running and most importantly vision. he keeps on playing the way he does, he go down as one of the all time greats. He the different between Donegal being a good team and been an all-Ireland winning one.

Seriously? Flukey goal, a great point that was it, a way off the ones you have mentioned
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

It was his general play that made him stand out, even Ballinderry supporters would admit that, played deep alot of the time, done alot of the donkey work for his team, when he went to fullward his teammates couldn't get the ball into him. he has come on alot from the player who stayed on the edge of the square and scored a goal and 3 a game. Even Canavan when he played had to have the players put the ball into him. he a special player and i love to have him playing for Derry

haze

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 01, 2013, 09:33:09 PM
It was his general play that made him stand out, even Ballinderry supporters would admit that, played deep alot of the time, done alot of the donkey work for his team, when he went to fullward his teammates couldn't get the ball into him. he has come on alot from the player who stayed on the edge of the square and scored a goal and 3 a game. Even Canavan when he played had to have the players put the ball into him. he a special player and i love to have him playing for Derry

Serious? I'd love to have playing for Laois, doing no donkey work and scoring 1-3 a game from edge of square. Some people never happy  ::)

As brilliant as he is, give me a Gooch any day

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2013, 09:23:33 PM

Seriously? Flukey goal, a great point that was it, a way off the ones you have mentioned

Jaysus Milltown were you at the match? If he didn't score he was the last pass for all of Glenswilly's scores... Every time he got the ball the crowd was on edge. I thought he was superb and only that Glenswilly have too many average footballers they could well have won the game because Ballinderry were far from their best.

rodney trotter

He had a great game, lazy analysis to judge a player on what he scored from play, which was 1-3... nothing wrong with that.
Set up lots of moves too.

J OGorman

MM was involved in absolutely everything yesterday. .an incredible footballer.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on December 02, 2013, 09:16:27 AM

Jaysus Milltown were you at the match? If he didn't score he was the last pass for all of Glenswilly's scores... Every time he got the ball the crowd was on edge. I thought he was superb and only that Glenswilly have too many average footballers they could well have won the game because Ballinderry were far from their best.

I was at the game he played against us and I listened to the game yesterday on the radio, I can only judge it on that, I seen a few stray passes that day and he bought a few frees also, as do most forwards.

I just don't think he's in the Linden, Cooper and Cavanan style. Though they are different types of forwards. He's probably in the Sean Cavanagh type player for me. I still think Murphy is a class act but he's really got to find a position
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2013, 09:54:19 AM

I was at the game he played against us and I listened to the game yesterday on the radio, I can only judge it on that, I seen a few stray passes that day and he bought a few frees also, as do most forwards.

I just don't think he's in the Linden, Cooper and Cavanan style. Though they are different types of forwards. He's probably in the Sean Cavanagh type player for me. I still think Murphy is a class act but he's really got to find a position

I thought he suffered from the opposite yesterday he was getting fouled a good few times and because he's big and he's Michael Murphy the ref let play go on. A few ones are giving out about the ref but I thought he did fairly well yesterday.

CD

Murphy is a one man team for Glenswilly. He dragged them to that final almost single handedly and on another day Ballinderry would have hammered them. Well done to Murphy for getting them there - a brilliant achievement by a fantastic footballer.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

CD

Quote from: CD on December 02, 2013, 10:06:46 AM

Murphy is a one man team for Glenswilly. He dragged them to that final almost single handedly and on another day Ballinderry would have hammered them. Well done to Murphy for getting them there - a brilliant achievement by a fantastic footballer.

And don't talk to me about former all star Neil Gallagher.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on December 02, 2013, 10:09:11 AM
Quote from: CD on December 02, 2013, 10:06:46 AM

And don't talk to me about former all star Neil Gallagher.

I thought against us he was their best player

sheamy

Time to start the Gareth McKinless thread I think. Murphy will remember him.

CD

Quote from: sheamy on December 02, 2013, 10:36:44 AM
Time to start the Gareth McKinless thread I think. Murphy will remember him.

Had a fabulous game yesterday. I'm sure Brian McIvor was rubbing his hands together after watching his performance. Great prospect.