Girl taken from roma family in Dublin

Started by Bensars, October 22, 2013, 01:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Just an anecdote to highlight the current situation. A friend of mine - average white Irish ginger is married to an African lady and they have a son whose now 3 and attending a creche. Beautiful kid dark skinned browned eyed with a mass of curls. My friend goes to pick up the child from the creche and whilst walking back to his car is been given the once over by a guy. Now my friend is obviously aware of the news and goes to approach the guy but he avoids contact with him and walks away. My friend is now actually fearful that the HSE will come knocking and he's not paranoid  or would over react to situations normally. But to quote himself - it's not normal out there   

All of a Sludden

Parents of their own biological children are asked to be extra vigilant after numerous reports of white cars, with blue flashing lights have been found to be taking children from their homes.

It's believed that there may be more than 1 suspected vehicle involved in the incidents and it is thought that they are part of a larger, more dangerous organisation, calling themselves the "HSE".

Not much is known about the HSE, but it appears they are a radical, extreme political organisation.

Two separate incidents, one in Tallaght and one in Athlone occurred during the week, where the cars were spotted in the area taking children from their very own parents.

Witnesses

Eye witnesses say the cars were white, but also had luminous yellow and blue stripes along the sides of them too. The people driving them appeared to be wearing similar clothing, suggesting that one single organisation or gang may be behind the serious incidents.

Dark navy attire, black shoes and a hat were all noticed by witnesses in each of the separate incidents.

These gang members appeared to have been carrying out orders from more senior members of their organised crime unit.

Worryingly, the incidents appear to be targeting racial minorities in Ireland and the group doesnt appear to have much empathy for the children they are taking.

People with any additional information about these incidents are asked not contact their local Garda station with information and ensure that they have a recent DNA test on hand to prove that their child is actually theirs.

Read Next: Mother Of Ginger Child Terrified For His Safety
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Hardy

Declan

Breakings News ...Rosanna Davison taken into Hse Care and Chris be Burgh lifted for abduction ..shaking Dalkey to its core

Maguire01

Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2013, 11:27:31 AM
Quote from: Declan on October 24, 2013, 10:56:25 AM
Note the emphasis on article 12 re an immediate and real risk

How did gardai use their emergency power under s. 12 of the Child Care Act 1991 in these cases? (Hear the Special Rapporteur for Child Protection discuss the legal issues here.) S. 12 allows Gardai to summarily remove a child from the family home into the care of the HSE. The garda must have reasonable grounds for believing that there is an immediate and serious risk to the health or welfare of a child. This is not a new statutory provision. It is not clear what immediate and serious risk was present in that case, or what reasonable grounds the gardai were acting upon.

http://humanrights.ie/children-and-the-law/race-roma-parents-and-the-child-care-act/

This is the key, thanks Declan.

What specific evidence did they use to determine there were "reasonable grounds for believing that there is an immediate and serious risk to the health or welfare of a child" on tuesday, when that evidence obviously didn't exist yesterday evening?
Is it possible that they considered them a 'flight risk'? Would that be sufficient to argue that there was a risk to the child's welfare? Playing devil's advocate here - it's the only argument I can think of for acting under the above legislation.

give her dixie

Police quiz immigrant family on parentage of 'confused ginger man'

A travelling family which has traipsed around Europe for almost two hundred years is at the centre of yet another child abduction storm today. Police have taken into protective custody 'a ginger man', thought to be around 29 years of age and answering to the nickname 'Harry'.

The family is said to have started out with the frankly unbelievable name of 'Saxe-Coburg & Gotha', but has repeatedly changed its name across various national boundaries in order to disguise itself.

The Metropolitan Police has monitored the UK branch closely for some time. As recently as last month they made a botched attempt to snatch the ginger man, but only succeeded in holding a low-ranking clan member (under-employed by even their standards) at gunpoint for a few hours. "He asked if we knew who he was and what he was for – he just didn't seem to have the faintest clue" a Police spokesperson explained later.

Fearing their surveillance might now have been discovered, Met Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe finally gave the go-ahead to pounce at a large government-funded home in The Mall today, where as well as Harry, what Sir Bernard described as 'a nest of benefit scroungers' was also unearthed.

"It was so obvious even a royalist could see this ginger man, who for operational reasons we're just calling 'Henry Wales', wasn't related to his 'family'. We think they might have kept him on because he actually had a job and gave the family a veneer of respectability" said Hogan-Howe. "But it's difficult to be certain: he could have been used to act like a dick, so the public would feel sorry for his carers and continue to throw money at them."

Hogan-Howe explained that 'one or two of the family may be in denial' but that the rest were 'clearly a bunch of consummate liars'. "Officers of the Metropolitan Police take lying very seriously", insisted Hogan-Howe. "Whereas by comparison, this family were clearly just playing at it."

http://eveningharold.com/2013/10/23/police-quiz-immigrant-family-on-parentage-of-confused-ginger-man/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 24, 2013, 08:48:27 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2013, 11:27:31 AM
Quote from: Declan on October 24, 2013, 10:56:25 AM
Note the emphasis on article 12 re an immediate and real risk

How did gardai use their emergency power under s. 12 of the Child Care Act 1991 in these cases? (Hear the Special Rapporteur for Child Protection discuss the legal issues here.) S. 12 allows Gardai to summarily remove a child from the family home into the care of the HSE. The garda must have reasonable grounds for believing that there is an immediate and serious risk to the health or welfare of a child. This is not a new statutory provision. It is not clear what immediate and serious risk was present in that case, or what reasonable grounds the gardai were acting upon.

http://humanrights.ie/children-and-the-law/race-roma-parents-and-the-child-care-act/

This is the key, thanks Declan.

What specific evidence did they use to determine there were "reasonable grounds for believing that there is an immediate and serious risk to the health or welfare of a child" on tuesday, when that evidence obviously didn't exist yesterday evening?
Is it possible that they considered them a 'flight risk'? Would that be sufficient to argue that there was a risk to the child's welfare? Playing devil's advocate here - it's the only argument I can think of for acting under the above legislation.

Only if they booked with Ryanair.  ;)

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Gardaí have taken a child from a family in Donegal following a Facebook lead. The child was seen playing hurling in a Ballybofey front lawn.

muppet

Why do we give special privileges such as freedom of the press to organisations such as the following?

MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

What sickens my hole about that is the same papers will now sensationalise the way in which the gardai and HSE took the children (which appears brutal to me) and ignore the fact that they were the very ones sensationalising the topic in the first place. The media are a shower of hoors.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 25, 2013, 12:09:59 PM
What sickens my hole about that is the same papers will now sensationalise the way in which the gardai and HSE took the children (which appears brutal to me) and ignore the fact that they were the very ones sensationalising the topic in the first place. The media are a shower of hoors.

I have sympathy for the Gárdaí and HSE as they had to do this under the media spotlight and, unlike the media, sensation and circulation was not their agenda.

I am disgusted with certain elements of the media, but not particularly surprised.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Turns out the Greek Roma couple were telling the truth. The feckers. All that prejudice for nothing.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1025/482597-maria-greece/

Bulgarian couple confirmed parents of 'Maria'

A Bulgarian Roma couple are the biological parents of a four -year-old blonde girl found in a Roma camp in Greece last week.
DNA tests proved the couple were the parents of the girl, known as Maria.

Bulgarian prosecutors are investigating whether the mother, Sasha Ruseva, 35, agreed to sell her child in Greece, an accusation she denies.

Ms Ruseva said she left a seven-month old baby in Greece -where she worked as an olive-picker - in 2009 because she could not look after the child and needed to return to Bulgaria.

The four-year-old was found last week hiding under a blanket at a Roma settlement in central Greece.
DNA tests showed the Roma couple she was with were not her real parents.

Maria, whose case has drawn parallels with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007, is being looked after by a Greek charity, which says it has received over 10,000 calls with leads or from parents of missing children.

Ms Ruseva and her 37-year-old husband, parents of nine other children aged between two and 20, live in extreme poverty in town of Nikolaevo, around 280km east from Sofia.

"We all live in one room - my husband, I and all the kids," she told reporters yesterday.

DNA analysis proved that Sasha Ruseva is the biological mother of the girl named Maria," Interior Ministry Chief Commissioner Svetlozar Lazarov said.
"It also showed Atanas Rusev as the biological father," he said.

There are an estimated 10 million Roma living across Europe, and they are one of its oldest minorities.

The Council of Europe, which monitors human rights, says they are also the most discriminated-against.

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, the head of Human Trafficking and Child Exploitation at Interpol said the crime was a reality for all societies.

Michael Moran said cases brought before the courts in relation to child trafficking, such as organised begging gangs, organised marriages, and illegal adoptions, represented only the tip of the iceberg.

Asked about child trafficking within the Roma community in Europe, Mr Moran said it was a problem the community itself had acknowledged and it was working with the authorities to tackle.

He said Interpol was about human rights-based policing and it did not target particular groups because of who they were.
Mr Moran said the migration habits of the Roma community made it susceptible to trafficking.

However, he stressed that "while it exists in the Roma community, it exists in other communities within our society".
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Quote from: muppet on October 25, 2013, 05:27:23 PM
Turns out the Greek Roma couple were telling the truth. The feckers. All that prejudice for nothing.
Eh, have they not changed their story several times?

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 25, 2013, 06:54:58 PM

They said they got the child from a couple in Bulgaria from a woman who said she couldn't afford to raise it.

What other story did they have?
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Quote from: muppet on October 25, 2013, 06:59:54 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 25, 2013, 06:54:58 PM

They said they got the child from a couple in Bulgaria from a woman who said she couldn't afford to raise it.

What other story did they have?
"During questioning, the couple gave at least five conflicting accounts of how the child ended up with them, including that she was found outside a supermarket, police said."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/21/us-greece-girl-idUSBRE99I05W20131021