10 Years Ago Today. Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9.

Started by ONeill, September 28, 2013, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on October 07, 2013, 07:30:23 PM

Marsbar is clearly shoutin/sneerin "take that ye Moy hoor".

Nice follow-through as well.

He s done that before !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

armaghniac

Jordan is obviously satanic, the reverse writing for his number is a dead giveaway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rrhf

Quote from: ONeill on October 07, 2013, 07:30:23 PM

Marsbar is clearly shoutin/sneerin "take that ye Moy hoor".
There is no doubt in the refs mind either, he sends him off.

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on October 08, 2013, 12:23:14 AM
Jordan is obviously satanic, the reverse writing for his number is a dead giveaway.

It's strange how his name is the right way around though  ;)

Tyrone have obviously made a huge blunder at that Garvaghy centre. That T shape, they've built it the wrong way around. It's as bad as when the Orangemen spelt 'siege' wrong on their Drumcree medals  ;D

BennyCake

Quote from: Sidney on October 07, 2013, 11:47:41 PM
Funny how the all same people who saw a "punch" by Marsden are the same ones who didn't see the eye gouge on the Gooch in 2005.

Tyrone supporters are as one eyed as what their players tried to make the Gooch.

It was in my head to write something similar, but you've summed it up.

Tyrone fans criticise Armagh fans about 03, with lines like "get over it" and "move on" etc, yet they can't admit, even 10 years later, that a player of theirs was in the wrong. 31 other counties know Jordan was the instigator and Marsden didn't deserve a red. The red was overturned after video evidence. Doesnt that prove the ref got it wrong? And yet you still insist the ref got it right.

At the end of the day, you got your AI. By whatever means, you got it. You would think you would be man enough to say that, OK so maybe the ref did get it wrong. But, you's can't even do that.

ONeill

"Having first appealed the decision last month to the GAA's Games Administration Committee (GAC) and seen it rejected, Armagh based their appeal to yesterday's meeting in Croke Park on procedural grounds, claiming that two requests to the GAC to ascertain whether the referee, Brian White had consulted with his umpire following an altercation between Marsden and Tyrone defender Philip Jordan had been ignored."

Armagh cheated their way to getting Marsden off. Shameful by the Orchard men.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyCake on October 08, 2013, 02:15:48 AM
Funny how the all same people who saw a "punch" by Marsden are the same ones who didn't see the eye gouge on the Gooch in 2005.

Tyrone supporters are as one eyed as what their players tried to make the Gooch.

Tyrone fans criticise Armagh fans about 03, with lines like "get over it" and "move on" etc, yet they can't admit, even 10 years later, that a player of theirs was in the wrong. 31 other counties know Jordan was the instigator and Marsden didn't deserve a red. The red was overturned after video evidence. Doesnt that prove the ref got it wrong? And yet you still insist the ref got it right.

At the end of the day, you got your AI. By whatever means, you got it. You would think you would be man enough to say that, OK so maybe the ref did get it wrong. But, you's can't even do that.

As mentioned already, Tyrone had their two best forward players incorrectly sent off in the 2005 Ulster Final Replay at a time when they were comfortably in the lead.  The sendings off changed the game and Tyrone went on to lose.  That still annoys me to this daym but in a way it probably was the reason why Tyrone drove on and won the subsequent semi-final. 

As for the Marsden incident, I don't think it had any big bearing on the game.  The pattern of the game before and after the sending off was pretty much the same.  Not sure how you formed your initial opinion Fuzzman though, because even now I cringe when I see the incident replayed on TV.  If Jordan had actually been hit then no action should have even been taken as if there was ever a case of a man needing to use self defence then this was it.  Jordan was running full pelt towards Marsdens face, what was the man supposed to do? 

On another note, why is it seen to be ok to push and shove men anywhere you want but once you make contact with their face its a big deal?  Pushing and shoving should be treated the same irrelevant of where the blow is.  Its seen as ok to be at this carry on as if its just part of the game.  How often do you see a sub coming on and firing a hard shoulder into an unsuspecting opponets back?  Pretty low blow and yet its seen as fine. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tonto1888

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2013, 08:23:18 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 08, 2013, 02:15:48 AM

As mentioned already, Tyrone had their two best forward players incorrectly sent off in the 2005 Ulster Final Replay at a time when they were comfortably in the lead.  The sendings off changed the game and Tyrone went on to lose.  That still annoys me to this daym but in a way it probably was the reason why Tyrone drove on and won the subsequent semi-final. 

As for the Marsden incident, I don't think it had any big bearing on the game.  The pattern of the game before and after the sending off was pretty much the same.  Not sure how you formed your initial opinion Fuzzman though, because even now I cringe when I see the incident replayed on TV.  If Jordan had actually been hit then no action should have even been taken as if there was ever a case of a man needing to use self defence then this was it.  Jordan was running full pelt towards Marsdens face, what was the man supposed to do? 

On another note, why is it seen to be ok to push and shove men anywhere you want but once you make contact with their face its a big deal?  Pushing and shoving should be treated the same irrelevant of where the blow is.  Its seen as ok to be at this carry on as if its just part of the game.  How often do you see a sub coming on and firing a hard shoulder into an unsuspecting opponets back?  Pretty low blow and yet its seen as fine.
Tyrone won the subsequent semifinal because Paul McGrane couldnt pick a ball up off the ground twice, instead knocking it oput for a tyrone line ball. That one hurts more than the 03 final because despite the sending off I still think Tyrone would have won that day

EC Unique

Some craic :D  Keep this glorious thread going. ;D

armaghniac

QuoteTyrone won the subsequent semifinal because Paul McGrane couldnt pick a ball up off the ground twice, instead knocking it oput for a tyrone line ball.

What he said. This incident, one of those things, was the key moment.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fuzzman

Why is it so hard to get to the truth of the appeal?
What does that statement mean from O'Neill?

Nrico, how does one charge at a man's face but not the rest of his body?  ;D
To me Jordan had lost the head with Marsden as he was reacting to a previous incident that Marsden had fouled Gormley.
Are you saying that if a man charges at you looking like he's gonna confront you then you're justified to swing yer fist at him to defend yourself?

In my eyes Marsden swung at him to knock him back and whilst I do think there was definite contact I also think that Jordan went down rather dramatically with the intent to get him sent off.
In my eyes he did therefore cheat to get him sent off but for anyone to say that Marsden wasn't foolish in the way he swung out at him, is just crazy. In a tight AI final you should know your discipline is crucial so why would you take that chance of swinging at someone and give the ref any chance of sending you off? Rush of blood to the head when faced with the incident.
I'd say as soon as he did it he regretted it and he probably felt cheated that he fell for Jordan's ploy.

So whilst I can be man enough to admit that I think Jordan's intent was to try to get a reaction from  Marsden and thus get him sent off and thus cheat, I also think Marsden fell for it and did raise his hands and strike him. Whether justified or not the rules are very clear about striking.
I can't understand how the appeal got him off and that's why I keep asking about what was the conclusion of the appeal?

SkillfulBill

Facts are. Jordan as stated made a go at confronting Marsden.  Marsden struck, Jordan made a meal out of it and went down, Marsden straight red. The argument of Jordans behaviour doesn't come into it. When you raise your fist you walk regardless of the provocation. Armagh supporters have spent the last ten years directing the blame towardsJordan for getting Marsden sent off he didn't Marsden was the cause of it himself by raising his fist.  If I was an Armagh supporter I would be reserving most of my anger towards Marsden for falling for Jordans gamesmanship.

sensethetone

at the start of the match you can lip read mc geaney tellin the ref - all i'm sayin is watch the diving, and he's the first man down could ye plan it.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 06, 2013, 08:18:16 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 05, 2013, 09:04:01 PM
I don't hate Tyrone people I just pity them. They have no footballing soul. You can just see the dead eyes in them as they play the game like a set of pre-defined drills.

Give me a few wireless receivers and cheap processor chip and a bad hairdo and I could build you a Tyrone footballer.

Were Paidí Ó Sé (RIP), Pat O'Shea & Jack O'Connor really that bad? Or are you just indulging your Tyrone Obsessive Compulsive Disorder yet again, to your own unbounded ridicule?

You could have just said OCD but we know your unbounded verbosity prevents such brevity.

haveaharp

Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 08, 2013, 11:52:37 AM
Facts are. Jordan as stated made a go at confronting Marsden.  Marsden struck, Jordan made a meal out of it and went down, Marsden straight red. The argument of Jordans behaviour doesn't come into it. When you raise your fist you walk regardless of the provocation. Armagh supporters have spent the last ten years directing the blame towardsJordan for getting Marsden sent off he didn't Marsden was the cause of it himself by raising his fist.  If I was an Armagh supporter I would be reserving most of my anger towards Marsden for falling for Jordans gamesmanship.

No Jordan ran 10 yards at him so was the instigator whatever way you look at it.