10 Years Ago Today. Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9.

Started by ONeill, September 28, 2013, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold tea

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 08, 2013, 02:28:18 PM
Im loving this thread - its great that this Tyrone team is still giving us enjoyment even after most of them have retired. The ability to get under the skin of Armagh and Kerry folk is a great gift that they have passed down to future generations.

Kerry couldn't gave a flying one about Tyrone, and as Armagh won it before Tyrone - yeoooooooooooow.   ;D ;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: Cold tea on October 08, 2013, 03:41:26 PM
Im loving this thread - its great that this Tyrone team is still giving us enjoyment even after most of them have retired. The ability to get under the skin of Armagh and Kerry folk is a great gift that they have passed down to future generations.

Kerry couldn't gave a flying one about Tyrone, and as Armagh won it before Tyrone - yeoooooooooooow.   ;D ;D

Do Kerry players cry with emotion every time they win a qualifier at home? 
www.thescore.ie/video-paul-galvin-crying-528912-Jul2012/
That was never a square ball!!

Wildweasel74

kinda hard to argue in football terms, one county got 36 the other 3, at least the dubs have hit the 20 odd mark and can blow abit about it

ONeill

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 08, 2013, 05:28:43 PM
Quote from: Cold tea on October 08, 2013, 03:41:26 PM

Do Kerry players cry with emotion every time they win a qualifier at home? 
www.thescore.ie/video-paul-galvin-crying-528912-Jul2012/

That clip haunts me. It's like an interview with someone who had just been discovered after having been held captive for 8 years. You can see right into the man's soul. The pain. You're happy he's now free but you can only imagine the decade of darkness they've endured.

Fly, Paul, fly.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

You know you can't defend Jordan, so you just continue to regurgitate this nonsense.

sensethetone

armagh never were in the lead that day but should have won???

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on October 08, 2013, 07:41:17 PM

You know you can't defend Jordan, so you just continue to regurgitate this nonsense.

I've made my point in defence of Jordan on numerous occasions. But I genuinely couldnt care less, I'd much prefer to be listening to you lot whinge about our player play acting, than listen to you gloat about winning two in a row.

tonto1888

Quote from: Sidney on October 08, 2013, 03:31:46 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 08, 2013, 03:30:18 PM
I remember last year, Jordan was giving Seanie Johnston abuse his transfer to Kildare on twitter, Johnston replied with at least I didn't cheat to get a player sent off in a All Ireland final. Jordan said feck all after that.
Johnston 1 Jordan 0  ;D

Im sure Jordan would beat him where it counts unfortuneately.
A good player he undoubtedly was but he was hateful for fans of not tyrone

sensethetone

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 09, 2013, 08:30:25 AM
I remember last year, Jordan was giving Seanie Johnston abuse his transfer to Kildare on twitter, Johnston replied with at least I didn't cheat to get a player sent off in a All Ireland final. Jordan said feck all after that.
Johnston 1 Jordan 0  ;D

Im sure Jordan would beat him where it counts unfortuneately.
A good player he undoubtedly was but he was hateful for fans of not tyrone
seanie johnston would first have to get himself into an AI senior football championship final before he could make that call

armaghniac

Quoteseanie johnston would first have to get himself into an AI senior football championship final before he could make that call

Seanie did more than most to achieve that aim!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bensars

Jordan started twitter after his playing days were over. Johnson didnt........................i think that says enough about the characters and who needed their ego stroking.

Back to the point. McGeeney good addition to Armagh set up, but they dont have the players they had 10 years ago, and it appears they dont have the same degree of "nouce" on the sideline. Should add impetus to the Armagh progression/developement, but this thread should be saved and revisited or updated in another 10 years.

Nally Stand

Johnston 1 Jordan 0  ;D

Think you have that wrong there. It's actually...

Jordan: 2005, 2008, 2013
Johnston: 0
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

BennyHarp

Im sure Philly Jordan is deadly bothered about what a Kildare sub thinks. Does Seanie even know what its like to play in a provincial final or all ireland final / semi final / quarter final? Hows his hurling career going? Maybe he played a provincial final for them?

Fuzzman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 08, 2013, 05:44:52 PM
kinda hard to argue in football terms, one county got 36 the other 3, at least the dubs have hit the 20 odd mark and can blow abit about it

Hard to argue with what Weasel?
The question was did Tyrone get under Kerry's skin and whilst most Kerry fans would never say yes, it was pretty obvious from the players that Tyrone did. In fairness to Galvin he matured a bit in the last few years and his honesty in that video is to be commended. It meant a lot to them that they beat us that year and finally get that monkey off their back.
Would you disagree with that opinion?

For a man from a county who hugely underachieved with a good team back in the early 90's, you do some mouthing off about Tyrone at every opportunity.

It's interesting how many on the Tomás o'Se thread seem to rate Jordan as a great wing back yet so many small minded Derry & Armagh lads thought he was nothing but a cheat. Ye are all entitled to yer opinions of course.

A few of us Tyromonies have been man enough to say maybe he did make a meal of the strike but I have yet to hear one Armagh man to say that Marsden could have dealt with it better. At least BennyCake explained how the disappointment of losing the chance for 2 in a row has made them bitter towards Jordan and so I can then understand their bias or need for a scapegoat.

Nally Stand

We know you didn't Seanie. You never got the opportunity to.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore