10 Years Ago Today. Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9.

Started by ONeill, September 28, 2013, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2013, 01:48:26 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on October 05, 2013, 07:40:56 AM
Bennycake EVERY post you type , has some agenda regarding hating on Tyrone, unfucking believable! As least most of the other gobshites ( mostly MS) are just wumming. You are 100% genuine in your hatred :o

So, stating facts that Kerry were more successful than Tyrone, that's me hating Tyrone? Do you realise how mad that makes you look?

On the count Kerry where more 'successful' than Tyrone in the 00's. The issue is that Tyrone were a better side than Kerry and the proof of that is simply seen in that during the period in which both teams were at their peak they met in one All -Ireland semi and 2 finals Tyrone succeeded on all occasions.  Any one who has played the game will know that  getting beat once by a inferior team in a massive game can happen but not 3 on the bounce. The only conclusion you can draw from that is Tyrone were better but Kerry certainly were more consistent.

BennyCake

Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 05, 2013, 02:10:34 PM
On the count Kerry where more 'successful' than Tyrone in the 00's. The issue is that Tyrone were a better side than Kerry and the proof of that is simply seen in that during the period in which both teams were at their peak they met in one All -Ireland semi and 2 finals Tyrone succeeded on all occasions.  Any one who has played the game will know that  getting beat once by a inferior team in a massive game can happen but not 3 on the bounce. The only conclusion you can draw from that is Tyrone were better but Kerry certainly were more consistent.

I agree, Tyrone were the better team in the three meetings with Kerry, but my initial post was in reply to the team of the decade that was brought up. And the TOTD was definitely Kerry, in my opinion.

In fact, I would suggest the top teams of the 2000's were Kerry, Tyrone, then Armagh. In fact, you could probably make the argument that Cork should be in there. They didn't win the AI in the 2000's, but they beat Kerry 4 times, reached 4 AI semis, and 2 finals. Although that probably indicates the weakness of the Munster c'ship more than anything else. Even so, they did beat Kerry 4 times. That's one more than Tyrone  ;)

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2013, 02:40:08 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 05, 2013, 02:10:34 PM

I agree, Tyrone were the better team in the three meetings with Kerry, but my initial post was in reply to the team of the decade that was brought up. And the TOTD was definitely Kerry, in my opinion.

In fact, I would suggest the top teams of the 2000's were Kerry, Tyrone, then Armagh. In fact, you could probably make the argument that Cork should be in there. They didn't win the AI in the 2000's, but they beat Kerry 4 times, reached 4 AI semis, and 2 finals. Although that probably indicates the weakness of the Munster c'ship more than anything else. Even so, they did beat Kerry 4 times. That's one more than Tyrone  ;)

That will do me. Just proves my point Benny is more rational than the Clown Sheehy. Benny I think you will be off Mikes Christmas list.

BennyCake

Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 05, 2013, 02:52:56 PM
That will do me. Just proves my point Benny is more rational than the Clown Sheehy. Benny I think you will be off Mikes Christmas list.

For stating a fact? Although, alot of folk seem to get upset over me stating facts on here, I noticed  ;)

But, as long as I'm not off your list, Bill  ;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2013, 03:05:16 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 05, 2013, 02:52:56 PM

For stating a fact? Although, alot of folk seem to get upset over me stating facts on here, I noticed  ;)

But, as long as I'm not off your list, Bill  ;D

Ha ha! Facts! You never seem to acknowledge the FACT that Tyrone beat Armagh and Kerry in every big game from 2003 to 2010 - bar the 2005 Ulster Final (which saw shambolic reffing) and that defeat was avenged. I can imagine how that would make you and Mikey bitter but most people can accept these defeats 10 or so years later. 
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

BennyHarp, I didnt forget nothing. I have stated that Tyrone deserved to beat Kerry those 3 times. And did I deny that Tyrone beat us in 03 and 05? No, I didn't.

And you conveniently don't include the 2005 Ulster final, as it doesn't fit in with your point. We also beat you in 2002, don't forget  ;)

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2013, 03:56:51 PM
BennyHarp, I didnt forget nothing. I have stated that Tyrone deserved to beat Kerry those 3 times. And did I deny that Tyrone beat us in 03 and 05? No, I didn't.

And you conveniently don't include the 2005 Ulster final, as it doesn't fit in with your point. We also beat you in 2002, don't forget  ;)

I discount the 2005 Ulster Final because the fact that two of the eras greatest forwards where ridiculously sent off in a game Tyrone wouldn't have lost had they stayed on the pitch. That loss was righted in The AI semi final when it really mattered.

Yes, you did beat us 2002, so did Sligo, I've accepted those defeats, I acknowledge the best teams won on those occasions and got on with my life.  :D

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 05, 2013, 04:06:33 PM

I discount the 2005 Ulster Final because the fact that two of the eras greatest forwards where ridiculously sent off in a game Tyrone wouldn't have lost had they stayed on the pitch. That loss was righted in The AI semi final when it really mattered.

Yes, you did, so did Sligo, I've accepted those defeats, I acknowledge the best teams won on those occasions and got on with my life.  :D

You obviously haven't got over the 2005 Ulster final defeat ;)

Diarmuid Marsden's wrongful sending was far more crucial than the 05 red cards. And maybe like Tyrone in 05, Armagh too might have won that match. Tyrone lived to fight another day (in 05), Armagh's loss that day was far greater than just losing an Ulster final.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2013, 04:19:53 PM

Yes, you did, so did Sligo, I've accepted those defeats, I acknowledge the best teams won on those occasions and got on with my life.  :D

Diarmuid Marsden's wrongful sending was far more crucial than the 05 red cards. And maybe like Tyrone in 05, Armagh too might have won that match. Tyrone lived to fight another day (in 05), Armagh's loss that day was far greater than just losing an Ulster final.

I can honestly say that I got over that Ulster final defeat the moment Peter pointed that free in the semi final. I suppose you have never had the closure that we have had.

By the way, I'd say, as good as Marsden was, he would hardly have the same influence on a game as BOTH Peter Canavan and Stevie O'Neill. Of course the AI semi defeat was of greater consequence, that's the point, you will obviously understand now why I discounted the ulster final as the better teams win when there is no second chances.  ;)

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 05, 2013, 04:39:30 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2013, 04:19:53 PM

I can honestly say that I got over that Ulster final defeat the moment Peter pointed that free in the semi final. I suppose you have never had the closure that we have had.

By the way, I'd say, as good as Marsden was, he would hardly have the same influence on a game as BOTH Peter Canavan and Stevie O'Neill.  :D

The one thing that I remember most about the 2005 semi final was how Big Joe made the biggest blunder of his management career by taking McGeeney off, big sean ran riot down the center and wee Peter despatch them into football oblivion. That point effectively closed the book on a team which should have won a lot more than they did. Those certainly were happy days.

Mike Sheehy

I don't hate Tyrone people I just pity them. They have no footballing soul. You can just see the dead eyes in them as they play the game like a set of pre-defined drills.

Give me a few wireless receivers and cheap processor chip and a bad hairdo and I could build you a Tyrone footballer.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 05, 2013, 09:04:01 PM
I don't hate Tyrone people I just pity them. They have no footballing soul. You can just see the dead eyes in them as they play the game like a set of pre-defined drills.

Give me a few wireless receivers and cheap processor chip and a bad hairdo and I could build you a Tyrone footballer.

So that's all it takes to beat Kerry then? A wireless receiver and a processor chip?

SkillfulBill

Oh you are with out doubt the greatest clown that ever posted on this board. How could anyone ever take anything that you post serious again.  Is that the best you are capable of ? I don't  like to label people but are you seriously that educationally sub normal.  Surely not. Have you finally cracked, are we to witness this clown roaming the streets of Killarney weapons in hand muttering the Tyrone ones made me do it.  Get some help before its to late.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 05, 2013, 09:34:21 PM

Oh you are with out doubt the greatest clown that ever posted on this board. How could anyone ever take anything that you post serious again.  Is that the best you are capable of ? I don't  like to label people but are you seriously that educationally sub normal.  Surely not. Have you finally cracked, are we to witness this clown roaming the streets of Killarney weapons in hand muttering the Tyrone ones made me do it.  Get some help before its to late.

chill out. You Tyrone lads get awful worked up about a bit of banter. No need for all the personal insults.

Sidney

2000s rankings:
1. Kerry
2. Tyrone
3. Galway
4. Armagh
5. Cork