Connacht senior,intermediate,junior club football championships 2013

Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on December 05, 2013, 06:41:52 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 05, 2013, 05:31:35 PM
Nothing marginal about Duffy's call.
But as it ensured the CC got the "right" result sure that's alright then. >:(

Go away and shite with your conspiracy theories, and give mitchels their dues.

It has very little to do with Mitchels. Very few Roscommon people hold any ill will towards Mitchels and most would be happy to see them with the AI. The game was wrecked by poor refereeing, no amount of explaining away can change that fact.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on December 05, 2013, 07:15:00 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on December 05, 2013, 06:41:52 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 05, 2013, 05:31:35 PM
Nothing marginal about Duffy's call.
But as it ensured the CC got the "right" result sure that's alright then. >:(

Go away and shite with your conspiracy theories, and give mitchels their dues.

It has very little to do with Mitchels. Very few Roscommon people hold any ill will towards Mitchels and most would be happy to see them with the AI. The game was wrecked by poor refereeing, no amount of explaining away can change that fact.

Yes, it was ruined by Duffy. But he also gave some very suspect decisions to Brigid's e.g. free against Alan Feeney in the second half when he was fouled coming out with the ball. It wasn't some anti-Ros conspiracy...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

whitey

Look at cakes great "save" in added time. Brigids player who was minding the line pole axed O Reilly who was making a fair attempt to dispossess  The  Cake. It could/should have been a penalty and a red card for the defender.

What about Cake throwing the ball away that Tom King handed him for the kickout-intentional time wasting.  What's the penalty for that-hop ball or free in???

Problem is that a mistake or marginal call at the end of the game is given all the focus because there's no opportunity to bounce back or have it cancelled out by an equally dubious call in your favour.

sans pessimism

I'm sure the Corofin by's are sniggering -sauce for the goose,sauce for the gander!(No protective shoulder
for the ref off the pitch from Cake on this occasion)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on December 05, 2013, 11:05:31 PM
I'm sure the Corofin by's are sniggering -sauce for the goose,sauce for the gander!(No protective shoulder

Given Brigids were punished by the Connacht Council not allowing them host home Connacht championship game after Corofin accosted the referee after that final it appears very much like the tact in Bekan is, when all else fails, punish Roscommon.

This really is pushing credulity to the absolute limit.

Canalman

Quote from: Syferus on December 05, 2013, 06:23:50 PM
Quote from: Canalman on December 05, 2013, 04:52:19 PM
In all fairness I seem to remember St Brigids getting a very marginal call in their favour on the sideline under the Hogan Stand last St Patrick's Day which led to their winning point.

An old cliché I know but these decisions even themselves out.

If you are really trying to compare the AI final to the Connacht final and saying things even out I have to wonder what AI and Connacht finals you watched, Canalman. Ballymun certainly weren't jobbed in the AI final, Brigids didn't even get a single score-able free all game ffs.

Marty Duffy is infamous in Connacht and he had his Sludden moment at the Hyde in this game, absolutely ruining a game with all the makings of a classic. Time to put him out to pasture.

I just hope Frankie and Brigids keeps fighting and doesn't allow this buckeen have the last word on the career of one of the most talented players in the country. Even a 26-week ban would allow Frankie to be back around in plenty of time for the start of the real club season. I'd imagine Frankie is probably more determined to be back next season because of the utter mess in the Connacht final.

In all fairness Syferus you are putting words in my mouth with that first paragraph. Never posted that.

Mano

Quote from: Syferus on December 06, 2013, 12:32:18 AM

Given Brigids were punished by the Connacht Council not allowing them host home Connacht championship game after Corofin accosted the referee after that final it appears very much like the tact in Bekan is, when all else fails, punish Roscommon.

Its an unfair advantage that some club teams are allowed play their Connaught club games in their home ground. Either allow all club teams that advantage (if their grounds are suitable) or play all games in the principal county grounds. We (Tourlestrane) played our Connaught club games against Roscommon Gaels and Tuam Stars in our home ground in 94. 2 great occasions for the club and a fantastic result against Roscommon Gaels. The following year the rule was changed to switch games to County grounds.

All Roscommon lads on here complaining about the referee. What about the Brigids number 6 - what an idiotic challenge, deep in injury time, forward with his back to goal 30/40 yards out in front of the posts. If he hadn't made that challenge Brigids would probably have won and there would be no mention of the lineball.

If Dolan gave the fourth official a dig he deserves the ban. Brigids defence is hilarious "he accidently bumped into the fourth official." He has previous in this regard and should do his time.

Syferus

Quote from: Mano on December 06, 2013, 11:56:39 AM

Its an unfair advantage that some club teams are allowed play their Connaught club games in their home ground. Either allow all club teams that advantage (if their grounds are suitable) or play all games in the principal county grounds. We (Tourlestrane) played our Connaught club games against Roscommon Gaels and Tuam Stars in our home ground in 94. 2 great occasions for the club and a fantastic result against Roscommon Gaels. The following year the rule was changed to switch games to County grounds.

All Roscommon lads on here complaining about the referee. What about the Brigids number 6 - what an idiotic challenge, deep in injury time, forward with his back to goal 30/40 yards out in front of the posts. If he hadn't made that challenge Brigids would probably have won and there would be no mention of the lineball.

If Dolan gave the fourth official a dig he deserves the ban. Brigids defence is hilarious "he accidently bumped into the fourth official." He has previous in this regard and should do his time.

Where would a replay of this year's Connacht final have been played? It certainly wasn't going to be Ballina.

If you think the rules aren't being bent out of shape in Connacht I'm afraid you're living in a bubble of your own making. The rules are not being applied equally on a number of issues.

Mano

Quote from: Syferus on December 06, 2013, 12:27:09 PM
Quote from: Mano on December 06, 2013, 11:56:39 AM

Where would a replay of this year's Connacht final have been played? It certainly wasn't going to be Ballina.

If you think the rules aren't being bent out of shape in Connacht I'm afraid you're living in a bubble of your own making. The rules are not being applied equally on a number of issues.

I agree under the current rules it should be at any other venue in the home county other than the competing clubs ground. It would have been interesting if it came to that. Charlestown under the current rules should be the venue, it is a designated county ground. The rules should have been left as they were in 94. Why were the rules changed back then?

Tubberman

Back to football - Barry Moran has been successful in his appeal against the sending off in the Connacht Final, so is now free to play against Crokes. Big boost for Mitchels.

Mano

Quote from: Tubberman on December 06, 2013, 02:46:09 PM
Back to football - Barry Moran has been successful in his appeal against the sending off in the Connacht Final, so is now free to play against Crokes. Big boost for Mitchels.
That was a definate red card. Mayo lads seem to get their misdemeanours rescinded very handily at Connaught level. I wonder why that is?

Rossfan

Quote from: Mano on December 06, 2013, 04:10:12 PM
That was a definate red card. Mayo lads seem to get their misdemeanours rescinded very handily at Connaught level. I wonder why that is?
One word - P*****
Time for Croke Park to investigate the Connacht Council and its carry on. Another Castlebar man( Kirby wasn't it?) got a suspension overturned in time to play against Brids.
The whole outfit stinks to thye Heavens.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2013, 04:14:15 PM
One word - P*****
Time for Croke Park to investigate the Connacht Council and its carry on. Another Castlebar man( Kirby wasn't it?) got a suspension overturned in time to play against Brids.

What's that word Rossfan and who is it aimed at?

whitey

Well if Morans was a red card, Brigids should have ended normal time with about 7 players

Rossfan

Quote from: Tubberman on December 06, 2013, 04:35:31 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2013, 04:14:15 PM
One word - P*****

What's that word Rossfan and who is it aimed at?
You probably have a fair idea Tuibín but I don't want to get the GAAboard in trouble. It's time Ros delegates to Connacht Council started to upset the cosy cartel.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM