Connacht senior,intermediate,junior club football championships 2013

Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

The rescinding of Kirby's red was on a technicality. Something along the lines of a straight red being 4 weeks & to include one game in the same competition, but rising to 8 weeks for a 2nd red & to include one game in the same competition. As Kirby's red was in the U-21 championship, the rule was challenged regarding wether the 'same competition' was inclusive of both extra weeks for the 2nd offence and the one game, or being exclusive (i.e. the one game applied only to that competition but not the extra weeks for the 2nd red which would apply to every competition).

I don't know the grounds for Barry's red being rescinded so I can't comment at the moment. I am surprised but delighted obviously.

All of these conspiracy theories from the usual posters are tiring though. Duffy was dreadful for the entire spectacle. Instead of dealing with the misbehaviour of a couple of the Brigid's players from the start, he ignored it for a long time before seeming to snap because of it. These players very obviously tried to play the ref and for a while it worked. But when he sent Moran off he seemed to change completely. Of course a ref should remain objective at all times, but everyone is human. If someone is consistently annoying you everyone has their limit.

I don't know if what Duffy put in his report is justified because I don't know what it says, or what happened exactly. But let's just say I am not surprised at the name in that report. Having said that 48 weeks is a severe punishment.
MWWSI 2017

rodney trotter

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on December 07, 2013, 12:07:07 PM
The rescinding of Kirby's red was on a technicality. Something along the lines of a straight red being 4 weeks & to include one game in the same competition, but rising to 8 weeks for a 2nd red & to include one game in the same competition. As Kirby's red was in the U-21 championship, the rule was challenged regarding wether the 'same competition' was inclusive of both extra weeks for the 2nd offence and the one game, or being exclusive (i.e. the one game applied only to that competition but not the extra weeks for the 2nd red which would apply to every competition).

I don't know the grounds for Barry's red being rescinded so I can't comment at the moment. I am surprised but delighted obviously.

All of these conspiracy theories from the usual posters are tiring though. Duffy was dreadful for the entire spectacle. Instead of dealing with the misbehaviour of a couple of the Brigid's players from the start, he ignored it for a long time before seeming to snap because of it. These players very obviously tried to play the ref and for a while it worked. But when he sent Moran off he seemed to change completely. Of course a ref should remain objective at all times, but everyone is human. If someone is consistently annoying you everyone has their limit.

I don't know if what Duffy put in his report is justified because I don't know what it says, or what happened exactly. But let's just say I am not surprised at the name in that report. Having said that 48 weeks is a severe punishment.

It's hard to rubbish something as conspiracy theories when it keeps happening on many levels over many years. There's one standard for the big boys and another for the rest. The reason you keep hearing it is because it keeps happening.

It's very easy to ignore when it's your county that's able to continually live above its means and getthe rub from refs and from ruling committees.

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on December 07, 2013, 02:59:26 PM

It's hard to rubbish something as conspiracy theories when it keeps happening on many levels over many years. There's one standard for the big boys and another for the rest. The reason you keep hearing it is because it keeps happening.

It's very easy to ignore when it's your county that's able to continually live above its means and getthe rub from refs and from ruling committees.

Oh we have our victimhood addicts too, just like every county.

Ever heard a Mayoman mention:

Pat McAneany?

or

Joe McQuillan?

or

Mickey Kerins?????

As for the big boys - Kerry 2012?

You need to come out of your bubble and stop blaming everyone else for your woes. Duffy was dreadful to both teams. Mitchels early on and then inevitably he went the other way. In his own mind he probably evened it up. If he had sent off Frankie Dolan much earlier I would have agreed.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on December 07, 2013, 07:41:14 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 07, 2013, 02:59:26 PM

Oh we have our victimhood addicts too, just like every county.

Ever heard a Mayoman mention:

Pat McAneany?

or

Joe McQuillan?

or

Mickey Kerins?????

As for the big boys - Kerry 2012?

You need to come out of your bubble and stop blaming everyone else for your woes. Duffy was dreadful to both teams. Mitchels early on and then inevitably he went the other way. In his own mind he probably evened it up. If he had sent off Frankie Dolan much earlier I would have agreed.

We're obviously talking on a Connacht level. Sadly Bekan can't wholly control the decision-making process outside the safe confines west of the Shannon.

whitey

I think I will start my own conspiracy theory:

Big conspiracy against the Mitchels, some of their best players getting red cards for fvck all at crucial junctures in important games

(BTW-did anyone see Kirbys red card in the U21 County Final? Was it justified? Who was the ref?  I find it hard to believe that a seasoned operator like Kirby would do something outrageous in the opening minutes of a County Final-but I could be wrong)

muppet

Quote from: whitey on December 07, 2013, 08:50:07 PM

Big conspiracy against the Mitchels, some of their best players getting red cards for fvck all at crucial junctures in important games

(BTW-did anyone see Kirbys red card in the U21 County Final? Was it justified? Who was the ref?  I find it hard to believe that a seasoned operator like Kirby would do something outrageous in the opening minutes of a County Final-but I could be wrong)

Word in Castlebar was it was justified and I heard no talk of conspiracies on that one.
MWWSI 2017

Crete Boom

Quote from: whitey on December 07, 2013, 08:50:07 PM

I was at it and he deserved the red card. It wasn't pure thuggery but stupid all the same what he did.

Syferus

Frankie's ban reduced by HQ after the appeal to the Bekan boys failed. He'll be available for mid-April, well in time for the start of the championship.

Egg on the faces of the Connacht Council and the bould Marty now.

Very good weekend for Roscommon.

Farrandeelin

Best of luck to Kiltane on their quest to becoming Intermediate Club Champions on Sunday, really hope they are focused for the game and that nothing distracts them. Mind you MadWesht are having an 'Up for the Match' special on Thursday night in Bangor Erris.

Also good luck to Fuerty in the Junior decider.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 03, 2014, 08:55:43 PM
Best of luck to Kiltane on their quest to becoming Intermediate Club Champions on Sunday, really hope they are focused for the game and that nothing distracts them. Mind you MadWesht are having an 'Up for the Match' special on Thursday night in Bangor Erris.

Good luck to Fuerty and Kiltaine today, hopefully 2/2 for Connacht.

Mad scheduling by HQ.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on February 09, 2014, 11:56:41 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 03, 2014, 08:55:43 PM

Good luck to Fuerty and Kiltaine today, hopefully 2/2 for Connacht.

Mad scheduling by HQ.

Yeah, Best of Luck to both Connacht representatives. Hope it's a short journey home for the boys from Erris!

maigheo

truagh 2.05 kiltane 2.01.Truagh sound like a much better team

maigheo

Kiltane down by 6 with a few min to go.Looks like another all ireland final defeat for a Mayo team in croker.Will have to avoid reading newspapers for a week or two

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Lads, anyone got a live stream for Mitchels v Crokes for watching in the UK?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.