Time for Joe to go??

Started by cadhlancian, August 03, 2013, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

So he was in the full glare of the Irish population when he said what he did. Realised part of it was wrong and spoke to the person in question to clarify the situation and apologised, never shirking any questions and approaching the person in question about the situation... yet he's still a coward!

You come on an internet forum of 5000 members and call a man you have no intention of ever meeting face to face a cowardly little weasel behind an anonymous username . . . again I say FANTASTIC!

Good to see Tyrone have great men like you upholding the county's good name.

EC Unique

That is twice in 2 days Joe has had to make public apologies for insulting people. Maybe he will learn from this or maybe not but I certainly hope RTE learn that he is not what is required or wanted by true fans of the game post match. We want to hear a proper analysis of the games tactics and how the game was won and lost. We want to see good passages of play and great scores.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Man Marker on August 08, 2013, 12:17:00 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2013, 12:04:43 PM
Of course I see the irony......but I'm hardly in the influential position that Joe was in on Saturday night on RTE, and BBC on Monday, Today FM, The Irish Times, Gaelic life etc etc!!

So your trying to justify why you can insult somebody whilst on the other hand criticise someone for insulting some one, go figure :o

My point is, you can throw a comment out there, some people will agree some people won't. Do I genuinely believe Joe is a cowardly weasel, of course i don't and what he has done re. the kidney donation proves that! But once the comment is made and then you try to defend it and hammer the point on every media outlet going then the least I would expect from Joe was to back it up when he met Sean. I can just picture Joe in his "jovial" way bouncing up to Sean with all the platitudes in the world playing down the comment he has gone out of the way to make over the last few days on every media forum possible! To me this shows a side to his character that is a bit disingenuous and perhaps cowardly was the wrong word. Sure I'll apologise for that and everything is fine - isn't that the way things work? It's been good enough for Joe twice this week!
That was never a square ball!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: EC Unique on August 08, 2013, 12:24:41 PM
That is twice in 2 days Joe has had to make public apologies for insulting people. Maybe he will learn from this or maybe not but I certainly hope RTE learn that he is not what is required or wanted by true fans of the game post match. We want to hear a proper analysis of the games tactics and how the game was won and lost. We want to see good passages of play and great scores.

We might see some if there are less rugby tackles.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Man Marker

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2013, 12:28:50 PM
Of course I see the irony......but I'm hardly in the influential position that Joe was in on Saturday night on RTE, and BBC on Monday, Today FM, The Irish Times, Gaelic life etc etc!!

So your trying to justify why you can insult somebody whilst on the other hand criticise someone for insulting some one, go figure :o

My point is, you can throw a comment out there, some people will agree some people won't. Do I genuinely believe Joe is a cowardly weasel, of course i don't and what he has done re. the kidney donation proves that! But once the comment is made and then you try to defend it and hammer the point on every media outlet going then the least I would expect from Joe was to back it up when he met Sean. I can just picture Joe in his "jovial" way bouncing up to Sean with all the platitudes in the world playing down the comment he has gone out of the way to make over the last few days on every media forum possible! To me this shows a side to his character that is a bit disingenuous and perhaps cowardly was the wrong word. Sure I'll apologise for that and everything is fine - isn't that the way things work?

Yes thats how its works, but you need to talk to him personnally and apoligise afterall you have pubically called him a cowardly little weasel on a web site that has thoausands of memebsr and more viewers, you know, just like Joe  ;)

EC Unique

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 08, 2013, 12:32:06 PM

You are proving my point for me. There were less frees in the Tyrone-Monaghan game than the other 3 games at the weekend, there were loads of great scores from both teams but people are only talking about one tackle because Joe had a wee hissy fit. It is far from balanced analysis.

muppet

Part of me suspects there is a GPA angle here somewhere.

Both were outspoken in the past on such matters, but from different perspectives.
MWWSI 2017

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: EC Unique on August 08, 2013, 12:39:41 PM

You are proving my point for me. There were less frees in the Tyrone-Monaghan game than the other 3 games at the weekend, there were loads of great scores from both teams but people are only talking about one tackle because Joe had a wee hissy fit. It is far from balanced analysis.

It was a key moment in the game. If McManus had scored, Monaghan were the likely winners at that point.

Brolly was right to highlight the incident, but wrong to personalise his criticism.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

EC Unique

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 08, 2013, 12:42:00 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 08, 2013, 12:39:41 PM

It was a key moment in the game. If McManus had scored, Monaghan were the likely winners at that point.

Brolly was right to highlight the incident, but wrong to personalise his criticism.

Yes he was right to highlight it but as far as I remember that is ALL they talked about after the game. Surely that is unfair on the other players and management.

muppet

What if: Declan O'Sullivan did the same to Kevin McManamon in the final 2 years ago?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B8yqLAX7iE
MWWSI 2017

BennyHarp

Quote from: Man Marker on August 08, 2013, 12:35:03 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2013, 12:28:50 PM

My point is, you can throw a comment out there, some people will agree some people won't. Do I genuinely believe Joe is a cowardly weasel, of course i don't and what he has done re. the kidney donation proves that! But once the comment is made and then you try to defend it and hammer the point on every media outlet going then the least I would expect from Joe was to back it up when he met Sean. I can just picture Joe in his "jovial" way bouncing up to Sean with all the platitudes in the world playing down the comment he has gone out of the way to make over the last few days on every media forum possible! To me this shows a side to his character that is a bit disingenuous and perhaps cowardly was the wrong word. Sure I'll apologise for that and everything is fine - isn't that the way things work?

Yes thats how its works, but you need to talk to him personnally and apoligise afterall you have pubically called him a cowardly little weasel on a web site that has thoausands of memebsr and more viewers, you know, just like Joe  ;)

I apologised on the public forum on which i made the comments. Would you expect Joe to apologise publicly on the Sunday Game, Today FM, The Nolan Show etc etc? It's only fair!
That was never a square ball!!

take_yer_points

Quote from: muppet on August 08, 2013, 12:55:28 PM
What if: Declan O'Sullivan did the same to Kevin McManamon in the final 2 years ago?

What if: the rules are applied.

1) O'Sullivan counts McManamon's steps
2) He sees step number 4 coming up and thinks McManamon's going to over carry
3) He doesn't commit to the tackle and the ref blows for overcarrying on the 5th step (or even the 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th)
4) Free out to Kerry, 4 points up, 6 minutes left and on the attack

What if: the rules aren't applied

3) He doesn't commit to the tackle and the ref allows McManamon to take 10 steps
4) McManamon buries it in the corner of the net and the Dubs are 1 point down instead of 4 with 6 minutes left
5) O'Sullivan's team mates ask him why the f**k he didn't do everything he could to stop him

muppet

Quote from: take_yer_points on August 08, 2013, 01:28:24 PM

3) He doesn't commit to the tackle and the ref blows for overcarrying on the 5th step (or even the 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th)

3) He doesn't commit to the tackle and the ref allows McManamon to take 10 steps
4) McManamon buries it in the corner of the net and the Dubs are 1 point down instead of 4 with 6 minutes left
5) O'Sullivan's team mates ask him why the f**k he didn't do everything he could to stop him

It would have been simpler to pull him down.
MWWSI 2017

take_yer_points

Quote from: muppet on August 08, 2013, 01:32:06 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on August 08, 2013, 01:28:24 PM

It would have been simpler to pull him down.

And more rewarding I'd imagine. But at least he's still a man in Joe's eyes

Nally Stand

Quote from: screenexile on August 08, 2013, 12:02:19 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2013, 11:31:19 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 08, 2013, 11:27:36 AM
So Cavanagh's let it go now and accepted his apology, is there any chance the rest of ye Tyronies can??

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=198305

So he apologised as soon as he came face to face with Sean, even after saying on every media outlet going that he had nothing to apologise for? He truly is a cowardly little weasel.

As opposed to yourself... using an anonymous internet forum to call someone in the public domain a cowardly little weasel! Fantastic!!! You Tyronies know how to dig holes alright!

As opposed to yourself... using an anonymous internet forum to bitch incessantly about "Tyronies"!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore