Galway v Armagh

Started by illdecide, July 15, 2013, 09:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross matt

On current form Armagh should beat Galway well. But (as has often been said) the tribesmen have alot of successful underage footballers in their panel. They've also a successful underage manager as their senior manager. I know they've been poor for a decade now but sooner or later their form has to improve in the qualifiers and all that talent has to kick in.

Versus Tipperary they were on the back of a humiliating defeat by their greatest rivals at home. They were obviously nervous and it reflected in their performance. Versus Waterford they were poor but there was huge pressure on them again at home to easily despatch (with the greatest of respect to Waterford) a very weak football county.

The next day they will be underdogs and have nothing to lose. For once they can throw caution to the winds. I know Armagh hammered Leitrim but Leitrim were suffering from injuries, indisciplined players & defeat to London. The one sided nature of the victory wont have done Armagh any good either.

Roscommon last year (after a hammering by Galway) beat Armagh in the hyde. Galway have them in Pearse stadium. I think this match will be close.... maybe a narrow victory to the orchard men but Galway are a good outside bet in my opinion.

onefaircounty

Quote from: naka on July 15, 2013, 10:19:07 PM
Quote from: onefaircounty on July 15, 2013, 07:31:17 PM
Quote from: naka on July 15, 2013, 05:42:06 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 15, 2013, 04:51:56 PM
Not alot between the sides, Armagh in better form Galway at home and due a good performance. One extra week is the prize for the winner.
As an Armagh man will take another week with a trip to hq
We need to develop as a team
Save for the cross boys and mc keever the rest wouldn't have played there.

Being pedantic but most have played there v Dublin (NFL0 and Down (NFL final).

But I take your point, big games.

From Leitrim.

McEvoy - no big game experience

Morgan - Armagh minors, Cross All-Ireland run
Donaghy - Irish duty
McKeown - Crossmaglen

Kernan: Crossmaglen, Armagh 2003
McKeevver : Armagh u21, Irish duty
Shields - no big game experience

Harold - no big game experience
Lavery - Armagh u-21 captain

Ethan Rafferty - no big game experience
Kevin Dyas - Ulster minors, Hogan Cup
Caolan Rafferty - no big game experience

Clarke - Crossmaglen
Tony Kernan - Crossmaglen
Eugene McVerry - 2009 minors
Fk you guys are all good Craic

Dyas played a hogan big deal, I watched it and it wasn't in croker
I was at the Dublin game which was over before I sat down
In the glory years we had a few games before we won
As I said earlier the Galway game is a toss up
We have momentum but they have some super ayers
I just hope we come out on the good side

Fk you can't read.

Never said Dyas played the Hogan at Croke Park, I said it was big game experience. He did win an Ulster title with the minors there though.

And it doesn't matter if the Dublin game was over or not early on, I make it 12 of the 15 having played at Croke Park before. So a lot more than the Cross boys and McKeever have played there. In fact, the majority have played there more than once.

illdecide

I see over on orchard county Armagh have named same team for sat evening...if there was going to be a change I'd have thought Stefan Campbell would have been in but its hard to change a winning side. This will be a tough game...Armagh by 1pt.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Oraisteach

OK, lads, what radio's carrying the match?  Is it Galway Bay FM?

larryin89

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 17, 2013, 01:58:03 AM
OK, lads, what radio's carrying the match?  Is it Galway Bay FM?

Think it always does.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

illdecide

Have galway named their team yet for sat? Do they have any injuries or suspensions or a full panel to pick from
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

seafoid

Galway never recovered from moving to Salthill. They should dump pearse stadium and move back to shamtown.  The Tuam Herald should be investigating this phenomenon.

harlechman

Quote from: illdecide on July 17, 2013, 12:51:21 AM
I see over on orchard county Armagh have named same team for sat evening...if there was going to be a change I'd have thought Stefan Campbell would have been in but its hard to change a winning side. This will be a tough game...Armagh by 1pt.
Having seen him coming on against Wicklow and Leitrim I haven't seen anything to suggest he is worth a starting place. Who would you drop?

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

armaghniac

QuoteSalthill not as safe as it used to be.
http://www.connachttribune.ie/galway-news/item/895-gang-of-thugs-terrorising-young-people-in-salthill

We'll send Francie Bellew and John Donaldson down to check it out before the Armagh people arrive.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Feckitt

Ah, god be with the days when them boys were playing  8)

Farrandeelin

While not attempting to do a Syferus on the thing and ruin the thread, I think that John Divilly's comments lately were either a rallying cry for Galway or it could have the opposite effect. What do the Galway bucks make of it?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 17, 2013, 03:09:38 PM
While not attempting to do a Syferus on the thing and ruin the thread, I think that John Divilly's comments lately were either a rallying cry for Galway or it could have the opposite effect. What do the Galway bucks make of it?

No idea what he said although I remember him having a right go at the county board more than anything a couple of years ago.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 17, 2013, 03:09:38 PM

I think the Rhubarb means "contribute handsomely to the thread''.

Stop stirring up the good Galway folk, Farr. All these wins seem to have went to your head.