Catholic teenager almost lynched in Rangers Supporters Club in Donegall Road.

Started by T Fearon, May 11, 2013, 04:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Disturbing story in this morning's Irish News.Obviously the 18 year old girl didn't live through the troubles and probably thought it was ok to accept her friend's invitation to go for a drink in a Rangers Supporters Club in the Village, and got a severe beating but thankfully didn't lose her life.

Now I wouldn't even drive down that shit hole in the dark much less stop in it,but is this irrational hatred ever going to be acknowledged by unionists never mind tackled effectively?

ranch

Quote from: T Fearon on May 11, 2013, 04:20:44 PM
Disturbing story in this morning's Irish News.Obviously the 18 year old girl didn't live through the troubles and probably thought it was ok to accept her friend's invitation to go for a drink in a Rangers Supporters Club in the Village, and got a severe beating but thankfully didn't lose her life.

Now I wouldn't even drive down that shit hole in the dark much less stop in it,but is this irrational hatred ever going to be acknowledged by unionists never mind tackled effectively?

Whilst up at uni me and one of the boys thought it would be a laugh to pop into South Belfast NI Supporters Club for a pint. They just seemed to know immediately we weren't the "right" sort. Stayed for two pints and left. We were fortunate perhaps that we went at about 2pm before there was any real crowd there.

theticklemister

Quote from: ranch on May 11, 2013, 04:28:33 PM

Whilst up at uni me and one of the boys thought it would be a laugh to pop into South Belfast NI Supporters Club for a pint. They just seemed to know immediately we weren't the "right" sort. Stayed for two pints and left. We were fortunate perhaps that we went at about 2pm before there was any real crowd there.

ye not have common sense and just not go in there to cause confrontation??

ranch

Quote from: theticklemister on May 11, 2013, 04:41:49 PM

Cause confrontation? Catch yourself on. We had two pints because it was on the way of our walk from the Europa to the holylands and we always wondered what the place was like. They didn't do anything, we just got a strange feeling, perhaps we were wrong especially as there were only about five other punters there.

Milltown Row2

Pure madness that this girl accepted the invitation in the first place, unless she lived out of Norn Iron for the past 18 years then she might not have known about the troubles, but if she was from here then it was daft to accept. Hope she gets well soon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

qubdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2013, 04:51:26 PM

Pure madness that this girl accepted the invitation in the first place, unless she lived out of Norn Iron for the past 18 years then she might not have known about the troubles, but if she was from here then it was daft to accept. Hope she gets well soon
From what I gather she was a with a Protestant friend, so maybe thought she was ok? Apparently the friend has since been forced out of her home by paramilitaries. Naivity on her behalf of course but being a female she maybe thought they wouldn't stoop to that level.

Scumbags nonetheless, plenty of CCTV around that place if I remember correctly, good luck to the cops getting any of it of course  ::)

qubdub

Quote from: ranch on May 11, 2013, 04:46:58 PM

Cause confrontation? Catch yourself on. We had two pints because it was on the way of our walk from the Europa to the holylands and we always wondered what the place was like. They didn't do anything, we just got a strange feeling, perhaps we were wrong especially as there were only about five other punters there.
What's it like in there? Always wondered, go past it all the time.. wouldn't give them the steam off my piss mind you.

ranch

Quote from: qubdub on May 11, 2013, 05:01:24 PM
Quote from: ranch on May 11, 2013, 04:46:58 PM

What's it like in there? Always wondered, go past it all the time.. wouldn't give them the steam off my piss mind you.

Exactly how it looks from the outside, bit of a dump.

Oraisteach

T Fearon

Not in tele but front page lead story in Irish News.Murmurings about it on twitter last night too.

T Fearon

Some might blame the kid for being naive but I honestly don't think that teenagers growing up post troubles in whatever passes for normal areas up here realise the risk they're taking in going to a shit hole like this.Heavy UVF involvement, I expect the PSNI will be feeling a few collars shortly...not.

qubdub

Would something like that happen on the Falls? Or any Nationalist area?

ranch

Quote from: qubdub on May 11, 2013, 05:24:46 PM
Would something like that happen on the Falls? Or any Nationalist area?

I personally would very much doubt it.

T Fearon

No,I do not think a person would be harmed,particularly an 18 year old girl,on account of her religious persuasion in a nationalist area.

balladmaker

QuoteWould something like that happen on the Falls? Or any Nationalist area?

No.  There appears to be a different level of bitterness and hatred among them completely, spirit of the Shankill Butchers is still around.