Catholic teenager almost lynched in Rangers Supporters Club in Donegall Road.

Started by T Fearon, May 11, 2013, 04:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Wouldn't be too smug about it.I'd say plenty of Protestants have got a kicking also for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but generally the level of hatred driving to kill inspired by the mere mention of the word "Fenian" is confined to loyalist areas.

muppet

On the one hand, walking into the wrong pub can lead you into bother in most cities in the world, regardless of local issues. That does not make it right, just a fact of life. On the other hand this sectarian rap really needs to be dealt with once and for all.

Until Protestant leaders and citizens start saying: 'enough is enough'; it will go on.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Personally broke up a lynching on the Falls road many years ago. Havent heard of too many in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

In my view Paisley stirred anti catholicism up for years and the DUP/UUP fanning the flames every so often (the recent leaflet about the flags being a perfect example) keep it going.

Oraisteach

A "lynching"?  Tony used that word and now you, Milltown.  Doesn't it mean a "hanging."  Surely that wasn't the intention of the two groups you describe, was it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 11, 2013, 05:53:51 PM
A "lynching"?  Tony used that word and now you, Milltown.  Doesn't it mean a "hanging."  Surely that wasn't the intention of the two groups you describe, was it?

Hanging and jumping on someones head will always have the same outcome in my opinion. Not sure how the lad ended up there but very lucky.

But I'd say if someone strays into most back street bars they could end up in bother. The Ballroom of Romance on the Glen Road a few years ago wouldn't have been the best of bars for locals to drink in nevermind strangers, the PD on the Andytown road, both of the Felon pubs the Bank bar at the bottom of the Falls, mental place.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Asal Mor

Well said Tony. I hope these ........(can't think of a strong enough word to describe this brand of unionist)  get what's coming to them, one way or the other. As someone who's not too well informed about the North , I was very surprised that this kind of attack would still happen. What is the PSNI's track record for dealing with cases like this? 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Asal Mor on May 11, 2013, 06:15:52 PM
Well said Tony. I hope these ........(can't think of a strong enough word to describe this brand of unionist)  get what's coming to them, one way or the other. As someone who's not too well informed about the North , I was very surprised that this kind of attack would still happen. What is the PSNI's track record for dealing with cases like this?

Very poor unless people come forward and who's going to do that? If there is cctv then hopefully they will get someone. Wasn't that long ago a lad was kicked to death in Omagh

qubdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2013, 06:18:46 PM

Very poor unless people come forward and who's going to do that? If there is cctv then hopefully they will get someone. Wasn't that long ago a lad was kicked to death in Omagh
There was something similar last year that springs to mind, with extras on a film set, was that the same area of Belfast? Was the Omagh incident sectarian in nature? I just find it hard to believe, Rangers bar or no Rangers bar that grown men would beat the lumps out of a teenage girl over her religion!

playwiththewind1st

Let's face it - there are some areas of Belfast [and probably elsewhere] that you don't go into & that you should never go into : in your entire lifetime; not even after this week's news that we're all supposed to love each other in around 2023, according to Peter & Marty.

If anybody seriously thinks that attitudes have changed that much over the past 20 years, they're not living in the real world.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: qubdub on May 11, 2013, 06:22:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2013, 06:18:46 PM

There was something similar last year that springs to mind, with extras on a film set, was that the same area of Belfast? Was the Omagh incident sectarian in nature? I just find it hard to believe, Rangers bar or no Rangers bar that grown men would beat the lumps out of a teenage girl over her religion!

Omagh one wasn't but still no different, probably worse if you think about it

T Fearon

They once killed a Protestant woman (believing mistakenly she was catholic).Ironic this should happen in the week that the ten year plan to dismantle peace Walls was announced.The role of unionist politicians and the Orange Order and their detestable flute bands in sustaining this vicious and irrational hatred needs to be examined.

playwiththewind1st

Whereas if you wander into the Rangers Supporters Club in Sandy Row, you will need a number for O'Kanes or Healeys PDQ.

theticklemister

Quote from: hardstation on May 11, 2013, 06:30:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2013, 06:13:50 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on May 11, 2013, 05:53:51 PM

Hanging and jumping on someones head will always have the same outcome in my opinion. Not sure how the lad ended up there but very lucky.

But I'd say if someone strays into most back street bars they could end up in bother. The Ballroom of Romance on the Glen Road a few years ago wouldn't have been the best of bars for locals to drink in nevermind strangers, the PD on the Andytown road, both of the Felon pubs the Bank bar at the bottom of the Falls, mental place.
The PD and the Felons are two republican social clubs. I don't think a prod would get much bother in either tbh.

+1. As Republicans Protestantism has nothing to fear from their idelogy and in fact is welcomed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on May 11, 2013, 06:42:21 PM
I don't think this would happen on the Falls but I wouldn't be so sure about Ardoyne or the Strand.
The Falls is a large nationalist area which isn't ever under threat from prods and therefore would be less wary of them than the "surrounded areas" would be. They are a lot more vulnerable and have suffered many attacks from prods.

Yeah would agree with that.