Tir Eoghain v Áth Cliath - NFL Final - Sunday 28th April - Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by ziggysego, April 14, 2013, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

If we give Dublin the space we gave Kildare then I think we could end up getting a tanking.
Am I right to say most games for the Dubs in the league, they put up huge scores in the first half.
It would be interesting to see how they cope should we go ultra defensive and hold them to less that 5 points. Will they be able to show character, keep their heads and come back to win or will they crumble like Dublin teams in the past?

I'd say Jim Gavin would be pleased if such a test was put up to them as he's not learn't a lot yet about the character of this team when things are going against them.

Sadly though I fear we won't be able to put up that sort of challenge but who knows what Sir Mickey has up his sleeve. I'd like to see Mugsy get a wee run out for 15/20 mins. Ye never know, it might be our last trip to headquarters for the year.

heffo

Quote from: Hound on April 24, 2013, 01:13:45 PM
Quote from: God14 on April 24, 2013, 12:57:36 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 24, 2013, 12:49:07 PM
Were any of the current Tyrone panelists around in 2003 when they last won the league?

Pascal McConnell, Conor Gormley, Sean Cavanagh, SON, Dermot Carlin
Would be a good achievement to win NFL titles 10 years apart for any of those lads. I think if we'd won it in 2003, Cluxton would have been the only one left (albeit Alan Brogan too if he wasn't injured).

Cullen too

qz

Quote from: God14 on April 24, 2013, 12:57:36 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 24, 2013, 12:49:07 PM
Were any of the current Tyrone panelists around in 2003 when they last won the league?

Pascal McConnell, Conor Gormley, Sean Cavanagh, SON, Dermot Carlin

Mulligan

God14

I hope big Joe McMahon got a few pound for that hideous hawkeye photo doing the rounds...  He'd be getting a fair bit of rib tickling over it, im sure...

heffo

Quote from: God14 on April 24, 2013, 04:31:28 PM
I hope big Joe McMahon got a few pound for that hideous hawkeye photo doing the rounds...  He'd be getting a fair bit of rib tickling over it, im sure...

Sure every player who turns up in Croker for the photocalls gets paid - they hardly do it for nothing given that most of the time it's a commercial company who is benefitting

Redhand Santa

A lot of people seem to be predicting a hammering for Sunday. I wanted rule it out but would be hopeful of a strong performance. Dublin are being hyped up but like any team they're far from unbeatable. If Tyrone can get the pressure on early and defend well it's anyone's games. Dublin in the semi final reminded me a we bit of the way they were a few years ago. They can hit a huge score in a dazzling 15 minute spell but then go to sleep for 15 minutes. So it's important not to let them build up that head of steam and thump it into them when the opportunity arises. It may not be the All Ireland but it would be lovely to see Tyrone pick up their 3rd league title and would give the team huge confidence entering the championship.

ONeill

I feel confident enough.

Peter Harte will be a loss despite his form but I think Tyrone will have enough to do damage on the scoreboard. I expect a big game from Sean after the quiet affair against Kildare. Defence is always a worry.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Fuzzman

Emmet do you really think Morgan has passed out Cluxton in the free taking stakes?
I can appreciate that most of the ones he takes on are 45's or are far out but to me he certainly misses more than he scores.
Do the rest of ye think this too or am I being harsh on young Morgan. His shot stopping and composure has impressed me more and his distribution is also very good.

Hound

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 25, 2013, 10:18:54 AM
Emmet do you really think Morgan has passed out Cluxton in the free taking stakes?
I can appreciate that most of the ones he takes on are 45's or are far out but to me he certainly misses more than he scores.
Do the rest of ye think this too or am I being harsh on young Morgan. His shot stopping and composure has impressed me more and his distribution is also very good.
Have to say I was surprised at the comment "The Tyrone goalkeeper's range is greater than his Dublin counterpart. Showing greater reliability from further out and wider shots".

Pretty sure I've seen Cluxton score 45s from wide on the right and wide on the left, though undoubtedly the more central he is, the more accurate he is. But I haven't seen a whole heap of Morgan so perhaps Emmet does have the stats to back up that Morgan's range is greater and he's more reliable.

gerrykeegan

Thinking of bringing the eldest lad to his first Dublin game (god help him) He is just 6. Any of the other dads on here bring them any younger or at that age.  Is this a bad idea. Ideally I want to watch  Westmeath game and hold on for the Dublin game. Is a double header too much for him at that age? What are the family tickets like? Will he see anything?

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Croí na hÉireann

Bring him in for the Westmeath game Gerry and if he gets bored during the Dublin game bring him into Elverys and get him some maroon merchandise. The fan zone might be running on Sunday as well.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 25, 2013, 12:19:52 PM
Bring him in for the Westmeath game Gerry and if he gets bored during the Dublin game bring him into Elverys and get him some maroon merchandise. The fan zone might be running on Sunday as well.

I'm afraid im fucked with his county choice. Last week Alan Brogan was chatting to him as he was down at his GAA training. The club have him brainwashed. He came home one Saturday after training with a f**king Dublin Easter Egg!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Rois

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 25, 2013, 10:18:54 AM

I disagree Fuzz, he has def scored more than he's missed of those points that I've seen.  But I missed a couple of games so maybe my opinion doesn't take account of all performances.  I'm happy enough for him to take them.