Tir Eoghain v Áth Cliath - NFL Final - Sunday 28th April - Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by ziggysego, April 14, 2013, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

From the Bunker

Ah, old rivalries restored! Should be a good game. Hard to see any other result than a Dublin win.

Wildweasel74

Game not over an hr and the final thread up, people trying to outdo others on here, rather analysis the previous game b4 jumping to a game a few weeks away

Redhand Santa

Nice to have this too look forward to before the championship. Give's Harte another day to get the 15 right for the Donegal and couldn't ask for a bigger test at this time of the year than the Dubs who are flying. Really need to put high intensity over the 70 minutes or risk getting badly punished. Should be a good final and draw a decent crowd. I'd like to see Harte go with close to his championship team (he'd need to if we're to have a chance). My own personal choice after watching todays game would be:

Morgan
McCarron
Joe McMahon
Carlin or PJ
Clarke
Gormley
Justy
Cassidy
Colm Cav
Harte
Sean Cav
Mattie Donnelly
Penrose
O'Neill
Mark Donnelly

I could see an arugment for starting the likes of McAliskey but I think he'd be better coming of the bench in a game like this and we'll need Penrose's work rate. Justy and Clarke would provide a bit of size and athleticism in the wing half back positions. Would still worry about the full back line but the options are limited and they should be given plenty of help.

EC Unique

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: EC Unique on April 15, 2013, 09:44:02 AM
Quote from: our_fella on April 15, 2013, 01:52:31 AM
3/1 some price for Tyrone!

It is justified. A very difficult game for Tyrone to win.

id give you double that!!

Is it possible to have the best attack in Ireland coupled with the worst defence!!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

squire_in_navy_slacks

Yes another crack at the tyrone lads....................in particular Gormley, ayeeeeee I love to see him sulk off that croker sod

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on April 15, 2013, 10:14:24 AM
Yes another crack at the tyrone lads....................in particular Gormley, ayeeeeee I love to see him sulk off that croker sod

^^^^exactly why Dublin tend to do f**k all outside their province..supporters who tend to have little til no class and teams tend to lift their own games that extra 10/15% just so they dont have to listen to the Dubs supporters harp on about how Good they are.

Hound

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on April 15, 2013, 10:19:43 AM

^^^^exactly why Dublin tend to do f**k all outside their province..supporters who tend to have little til no class and teams tend to lift their own games that extra 10/15% just so they dont have to listen to the Dubs supporters harp on about how Good they are.
I think you'll find its other supporters building up Dublin, rather than the Dubs.
The post you quoted said nothing about Dublin being good, just wanting to see Gormley lose because he's a tr**p. But you didnt quote any of the posts by Dubs in admiration of Stevie?
And Dublin do occassionally beat counties from outside Leinster, as Tyrone, Donegal and Kerry well know

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Hound on April 15, 2013, 10:28:38 AM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on April 15, 2013, 10:19:43 AM

I think you'll find its other supporters building up Dublin, rather than the Dubs.
The post you quoted said nothing about Dublin being good, just wanting to see Gormley lose because he's a tr**p. But you didnt quote any of the posts by Dubs in admiration of Stevie?
And Dublin do occassionally beat counties from outside Leinster, as Tyrone, Donegal and Kerry well know

posts like that who dont show any respect i was on about

Wee Roddy

To call someone like Conor Gormley a tr**p is very unfair and shows a complete lack oof understanding as to the competitiveness of the GAA in general. CG is a fantastic competitor at county and indeed club football. He would do anything for the cause on the field. Off the field he is a very shy and well mannered chap who trawls the county to presentation nights as he is sought after by most clubs. He craves absolutely no media attention. A teetotaler and a full time county board coach, he is entrusted with the future of our underage. I would be fairly sure that you wouldn't find Gormley in pub brawls breaking peoples jaws!

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 15, 2013, 11:11:48 AM
To call someone like Conor Gormley a tr**p is very unfair and shows a complete lack oof understanding as to the competitiveness of the GAA in general. CG is a fantastic competitor at county and indeed club football. He would do anything for the cause on the field. Off the field he is a very shy and well mannered chap who trawls the county to presentation nights as he is sought after by most clubs. He craves absolutely no media attention. A teetotaler and a full time county board coach, he is entrusted with the future of our underage. I would be fairly sure that you would find Gormley in pub brawls breaking peoples jaws!
x2 well Said Roddy.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Hound on April 15, 2013, 10:28:38 AM
just wanting to see Gormley lose because he's a tr**p.
CG is an absolute gentleman. Ironic post hound.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore