Tir Eoghain v Áth Cliath - NFL Final - Sunday 28th April - Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by ziggysego, April 14, 2013, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddgnhand

Quote from: trileacman on April 15, 2013, 01:22:41 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on April 15, 2013, 11:26:16 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 15, 2013, 11:23:46 AM
Quote from: Hound on April 15, 2013, 10:28:38 AM
just wanting to see Gormley lose because he's a tr**p.
CG is an absolute gentleman. Ironic post hound.

He might be a gentleman off the pitch, but on it he's a tr**p.

If Gormley is "a tr**p" then god knows what name you lads would put to a man who breaks eye sockets in an unprovoked attack.

Or if he took a bite of someone.

rrhf

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on April 15, 2013, 11:16:59 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 15, 2013, 11:11:48 AM
To call someone like Conor Gormley a tr**p is very unfair and shows a complete lack oof understanding as to the competitiveness of the GAA in general. CG is a fantastic competitor at county and indeed club football. He would do anything for the cause on the field. Off the field he is a very shy and well mannered chap who trawls the county to presentation nights as he is sought after by most clubs. He craves absolutely no media attention. A teetotaler and a full time county board coach, he is entrusted with the future of our underage. I would be fairly sure that you would find Gormley in pub brawls breaking peoples jaws!
x2 well Said Roddy
Take that ye bundle of Dublin tits

INDIANA

Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 15, 2013, 11:11:48 AM
To call someone like Conor Gormley a tr**p is very unfair and shows a complete lack oof understanding as to the competitiveness of the GAA in general. CG is a fantastic competitor at county and indeed club football. He would do anything for the cause on the field. Off the field he is a very shy and well mannered chap who trawls the county to presentation nights as he is sought after by most clubs. He craves absolutely no media attention. A teetotaler and a full time county board coach, he is entrusted with the future of our underage. I would be fairly sure that you wouldn't find Gormley in pub brawls breaking peoples jaws!

Spare us the don't cry for me Argentina posts
A bigger hit man then ricey in my view. Have absolutely no time for him after some of the things he has gotten away with. If anyone from Tyrone has a problem with that so be it. You don't own the board or gaelic football. 3 all Ireland's is it at the last count?

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on April 15, 2013, 12:52:57 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 15, 2013, 12:45:13 PM
This is my last post on this as it doesn't particular bother me either way. I see shoulder to shoulder contact, I see Cribben trying to follow through with an elbow and missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=plw07IpxOBw#t=4061s
You'd want to be getting yourself a pair of glasses.

Does nothing wrong there imo - Kildare comes in after whistle gone and Gormley protects himself

Nally Stand

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 15, 2013, 11:59:04 AM
Its funny how many Tyrone fans I've spoken to in the last while seem reasonably happy with how we're progressing but still feel we're lacking in something and many don't know their best starting 15. Usually if we had got to a league final in the last 5 years we'd been delighted and hopeful for the year ahead but strangely we're all worried we won't have enough to deal with the tougher matches later in the summer, should we even get that far.
I'd be one of those fans.

Hope I'm wrong but as far as I can see, Sean Cavanagh, Stevie O'Neill and Mark Donnelly have been the difference between winning and losing games for Tyrone all year. The first two are both very injury prone, particularly O'Neill. I just think that if any one of them sustains a injury, especially O'Neill (the most injury prone of the lot), that it would be curtains for the season. Additionally, Gormley, another elder statesman, has been relied upon quite a bit to tighten what has been a questionable defence of late. There are too many inconsistent performers across the field. If you're to win big championship games against the big guns, a tight "blanket" defence is essential nowadays (and I'm not convinced we have that) and at least two forwards that can be relied upon for knocking them over game after game. Lose O'Neill and that goes out the window. In saying that, we're a fairly new team and will just take a year or two for the new lads to settle in. Hope I'm wrong!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

rrhf

Steven o Neill is a nailed on Allstar this year. I just hope that the referee wouldn't let  the dubs kick him around the field as ha happened with impunity the last 3 times. I don't see Dublin having the skill  of Tyrone at the moment but will probably try to play the old cynicism card to rattle Tyrone. Lets not fall for it lads.

J70

Fuzzman

I'll give up trying to keep the peace.

Do many of ye Dubs have a fair idea who will be yer best 15 for the summer?
Is Paddy Andrews the man for 14?
How did MDMacauley play yesterday?

Who is this new Whelan lad and is he any good?

What did ye make of Tyrone yesterday J70?
I'd say Stevie will be well marshalled in Ballybofey or will ye give him a few new sudoku books
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/oneill-a-puzzle-lilies-cant-solve-29195923.html

lynchbhoy

I dont see that young dublin team as being cynical at all bar one particular player.
If anyone wants to pm me who the supposed dublin player that bit paddy mcbrearty was, then please do. I have heard a few names mentioned that I cannot belive would do such a thing.
this young dublin side are too full of energy and enthusiasm to think about dirty play. Delighted to see Paddy andrews rightly on the starting team (a lot of it was his own fault in prev sesions i'll admit).superb player.

tyrone have a new team with some great new young players, some older more cynical ones are there- but I think Gormley is nowhere near the demon he is being made out to be.

I think Harte will have his tactics right on the line for Dublin, the advantage here is with the red arses on management and tactics, but the sheer amount of taent and size/pace/speed that dublin have imo will win the day.
that doesnt always happen though.
in the american civil war it did.
the southern confederate states had better generals, but the northern states had far superior numbers and firepower which won the game for them 2-15 to 0.12

J70

Didn't see the game Fuzzman.

We limited Stevie the last two years, which is not to say he didn't individually do well when the opportunity arose. It will be same again, with Donegal relying on numbers and disciplined tackling to limit supply and turn the ball over.  You know he's going to hit a few ridiculous scores no matter what. The issue is whether Donegal have the hunger and will to close the vice on the Tyrone attack as they did in the second half of each of the last two meetings. If Donegal aren't focused, Tyrone will beat them, but it wouldn't be O'Neill that would be the deciding factor in that case; it would be the inroads the rest of the Tyrone team would be making. If that makes sense...

Of course, I could be hopelessly wrong and he could pull out a wonder goal to win a nailbiter by a point late on!

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 15, 2013, 02:55:00 PM

I'd say Stevie will be well marshalled in Ballybofey or will ye give him a few new sudoku books
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/oneill-a-puzzle-lilies-cant-solve-29195923.html

Possibly -

Cluxton
Cooper, O'Carroll, Daly
McCaffrey, Brennan, McCarthy
MDMA, O'Sullivan
Flynn, Connolly, Cullen
Mannion, Andrews, Brogan

Bench - O'Brien, Fitzsimmon, McMahon, Nolan, Bastic, Kilkenny, A Brogan, Whelan, O'Gara......

squire_in_navy_slacks

Jesus all I said was that Id be happy if I saw Gormley trod of the pitch in a sullen state, chillax buckos, most of the dublin lads have the upmost of respect for the tyrone buckos and vice versa.........sure big joe and bernard seem to have great love in on twitter together.......................................... Like the majority of country folk have no time for Conolly or Whelan before him Ive no time for Gormley,  ......................get over it

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on April 15, 2013, 03:37:20 PM

Possibly -

Cluxton
Cooper, O'Carroll, Daly
McCaffrey, Brennan, McCarthy
MDMA, O'Sullivan
Flynn, Connolly, Cullen
Mannion, Andrews, Brogan

Bench - O'Brien, Fitzsimmon, McMahon, Nolan, Bastic, Kilkenny, A Brogan, Whelan, O'Gara......

Cullen wont get near the starting 15.....................subs role for sure

Hound

Not sure Paddy Andrews is the man for 14. I think Paddy has had a really good league campaign, but could still end up being the odd man out. Mannion has that little bit of extra spark, plus the ability to take left-footed frees. Personally I'd have Connolly in full forward and 3 from Flynn, Cullen, Kilkenny, ABrogan in the half forward line, which would mean Paddy would be on the bench. But if Gavin persists with Connolly at half forward it could leave the door open for Andrews.

Macauley mixed the good with the bad. Fantastic energy and work ethic and as a fan you can't help getting a buzz when he's on the ball (maybe because you've no idea what's going to happen next). Biggest weakness is he's afraid to shoot, and ended up wasting a fair bit of very good work as a result. Still very much our stand out midfielder.

Who is Jason Whelan indeed! Pretty sure he never played underage for the Dubs and its not that long that he's established himself in Ballymun's first team. A real bolter. Adds a nice balance to the half forward line as he's left footed. Took his goal superbly and also kicked a nice point. Quiet in the second half though, so still a lot to prove, but I guess he'll get a start in the NFL final too.

Onthe40

Yes I'd tend to agree on Andrews..was enthused at the start of the league when he was kicking points for fun, but i dont think he has developed the way I thought he would..also seems to have a selfish streak, in that his 1st option will be to go solo as opposed to playing in the man in the better position..thats the difference maybe between him and someone of the class of Brogan..takes right option all or most of the time !!