Less than two weeks to go to Nathan Carter concert at Athletic Grounds.

Started by T Fearon, April 07, 2013, 11:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Didn't Jedward appear at Pairc Esler not too long ago? Now that is embarrassing!

By a strange quirk of fate yesterday,Armagh threw in a couple of free Nathan Carter tickets as second prize in the half time draw.The winner came forward immediately,but the first prize if £100 wasn't claimed!

ranch

Down GAA didn't organise the Jedward event though, Newry council did. And even at that, Jedward would pull a much bigger crowd than someone who sings in the Mourne Country Hotel in Newry now and then. Ridiculous.

screenexile

Seems a bit crazy to me alright. He's selling out venues across the Country but as someone said you're talking 2000 people at most trying to sell out 20,000 odd would be a huge stretch for such a niche market as the Country and Western scene.

Surely they would have budgeted for a crowd of around 10,000 and everything extra would be a bonus?

JUst retired

Nowhere did I read that they are trying to sell 20000 tickets.The only side of the ground to be open will be the seated stand side. A couple of large screens will be placed on the terracing at both ends. A floor will be placed on the pitch,if any people want to dance.I hope the night is a success,and all the naysayers are proved wrong. 8)

Applesisapples

Anyone with taste in music would not pay to listen to country music played by an Irish show band, but thats a matter of taste. Nathan Carter is hot at the minute in some circles (surely the health minister needs to step in here). As a result every hole in the hedge is booking him for a fund raiser. How the ACB thought they had a pups chance of selling the 7 or 8 thousand tickets or 20 thousand if you believe some posters is beyond me. The guy has prostituted himself to make as much money as he can whilst he is hot. The result is over exposure. For the County Board to then give all clubs tickets with no return and expect them to sell them in 3 weeks when they had them on sale for weeks is scandalous and arrogant in the extreme. What they need to do is look at the costs of running a county football setup that has delivered nothing for the last number of years, if I run out of money at home I cut costs I don't expect anyone else to underwrite me.

Mont

Hav I got this rite? Our Ma cb can't shift tickets for the gig so they giv them 2 clubs to sell n if clubs can't sell them they still have to pay the cb for the tickets???? Lol

Tell me this is a joke. Ther are many cb's in ulster that are dodgy but I have never seen one b so blatant

bogball88

Took a nosy at the dates on his website and came across a list of his singles, of which one is named "Tequilla makes her clothes fall off"  :o

armaghniac

QuoteTook a nosy at the dates on his website and came across a list of his singles, of which one is named "Tequilla makes her clothes fall off"

Tequilla does this, it can also be used to remove makeup.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ranch

Quote from: Mont on April 09, 2013, 01:45:44 PM
Hav I got this rite? Our Ma cb can't shift tickets for the gig so they giv them 2 clubs to sell n if clubs can't sell them they still have to pay the cb for the tickets???? Lol

Tell me this is a joke. Ther are many cb's in ulster that are dodgy but I have never seen one b so blatant

Nope, it's true alright.

muppet

Quote from: bogball88 on April 09, 2013, 02:30:20 PM
Took a nosy at the dates on his website and came across a list of his singles, of which one is named "Tequilla makes her clothes fall off"  :o

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=15697.msg747505#msg747505

'Tequilla makes her clothes fall off' is another one for the list.'
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

yes sticking shite to the clubs is a speciality of armagh county board. instead of putting on a prechampionship challange with the likes of tyrone with return match in omagh and splitting the money. they go and book this flash in the pan clown and expect the clubs to fork out. mickey harte and grimley could have done a bit of trash talking.. mckeever v mugsy blah blah.. all a bit of craic and the two countys could have had a nice little earner and the crowds would have loved it. thats what the gaa are about.. SPORT! i'll never forget in the run up to 2002. armagh were playing challanges regulary in secret when they could have thousands at the games all willing to pay to watch the game.  then they crying poverty and yapping at clubs for money stupidly. especially when the county players were not available to their own clubs. county teams with huge support shouldnt be hammering clubs for money. thats the money i give my club to make sure my kids get sport not to pay for w**ker carter
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

rrhf

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

rrhf

armaghniac

QuoteAre the wheels are about to come off the Armagh Wagon?

Superstar Nathan will be including "Three wheels on my wagon" in his repertoire.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B