The Masters 2013.

Started by laoislad, April 04, 2013, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optimus cheese

Not much of a golf fan but who is winning and who is likely to?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: optimus cheese on April 13, 2013, 12:52:35 AM
Not much of a golf fan but who is winning and who is likely to?
Jason Day is ahead but with 36 holes to go it could be anyones. Tiger is 3 shots off the lead but may still be favourite.

Apparently so

I`m no really into the golf either but I put a tenner on Schwartzel at 22/1 on the advice of a mate. Does he look as likely as anyone else?

Minder

Talk that Woods could be disqualified for his drop at 15 ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TacadoirArdMhacha

http://espn.go.com/golf/blog/_/name/golf/id/9166946/tiger-woods-taken-illegal-drop-15th-hole-round-2-masters-golf

Looks like he's in real trouble. I'm no expert but it seems that the only rule he could possibly have complied with was that the ball was dropped "as near as possible" to the original spot but he's pretty much admitted he didn't do that.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

gerrykeegan

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 13, 2013, 09:47:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/golf/blog/_/name/golf/id/9166946/tiger-woods-taken-illegal-drop-15th-hole-round-2-masters-golf

Looks like he's in real trouble. I'm no expert but it seems that the only rule he could possibly have complied with was that the ball was dropped "as near as possible" to the original spot but he's pretty much admitted he didn't do that.

It would seem strange that the we don't know about any ruling straight away. Why wait, he either signed an incorrect scorecard or not. I would say we will see him today.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

BennyHarp

I would have thought incorrectly signing his card would have been a more serious problem
That was never a square ball!!

maddog

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 13, 2013, 10:08:43 AM
I would have thought incorrectly signing his card would have been a more serious problem

Wasn't Harrington done for something similar in Abu Dhabi and at the Belfry ?

Minder

I would say Woods will be out on his lug by the sounds of it.

INDIANA

Quote from: Minder on April 13, 2013, 01:07:00 PM

TV figures halve in any tournament he doesn't play in.

I'd say he'll be ok. He dropped it very close to the original spot.

Storm in a teacup shite for me.

Count 10

I don't think the rules officials have a choice...if he broke a rule (which he admitted) then he has to be D/Q. It's not your monthly medal and Tiger should know better.

laoislad

I can't understand the delay in announcing if he is DQ or not.
If he broke a rule that under the rules of Golf mean an automatic DQ then he should be disqualified without question.
The rules can't change because its Tiger Woods.
It will be a shame if he is as having Tiger in contention on the back 9 on Round 4 makes any tournament vastly more exciting but them are the rules.
I doubt it will affect any TV viewership as this is the Masters after all and with or without Tiger it's still one of the greatest Golf tournaments there is.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

If it was anyone else they would have already announced that he is disqualified.

He is 4/7 to be disqualified.

INDIANA

Quote from: laoislad on April 13, 2013, 02:12:39 PM

If he broke a rule that under the rules of Golf mean an automatic DQ then he should be disqualified without question.
It will be a shame if he is as having Tiger in contention on the back 9 on Round 4 makes any tournament vastly more exciting but them are the rules.
I doubt it will affect any TV viewership as this is the Masters after all and with or without Tiger it's still one of the greatest Golf tournaments there is.

Its a statistical fact laoislad. Viewership hits the floor.

One time being too honest gets you in trouble!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on April 13, 2013, 02:12:39 PM

It would be a real shame as I would have expected him to rip it up over the weekend.