Tyrone v Kerry - Omagh - 7th April

Started by ONeill, March 15, 2013, 09:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Interesting Fear and all without Ricey as he was busy lining out in goals for Fermanagh yesterday.

Did any of ye go for tae & sandwiches yesterday? Was there many at it?

What was the atmosphere like at the match yesterday? Was there many Kerry fans there?

Fear ón Srath Bán

No tae and sandwiches Fuzz, but good atmosphere (rousing at times in the 2nd half, if not quite 'white heat'), and there was a good smattering of Kerry folk there (all smiling widely at the final whistle).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rois

Good turn out for the tea at Garvaghey by all accounts (though I wasn't there personally) - not just Kerry fans but people from other counties too. 

And a great page in the programme on an interview with a county volunteer  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rois on April 08, 2013, 04:52:29 PM
And a great page in the programme on an interview with a county volunteer  ;)

Indeed, and I hope you enjoyed your jar in Dixie's a week ago on Saturday last!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

criostlinn

Ur right. Out ta fcuk with him. Sure what does he know

Redhand Santa

If you looked back at some of the threads after the Derry defeat in the league in 08 or after the Down championship defeat that year you'd see plenty of people with plenty of negative comments and serious criticism of Harte. As you say it takes time to build a team and during a match that meant nothing on Sunday it was a great time to see the weaknesses.

rrhf

I went through them there - ye are talking through yer hoopla.   

Redhand Santa

Must have imagined the criticism back in 08. Out of interest what would your 1st choice 15 be RRHF if everyone was available including non panel members?

rrhf

Why not you have a go:
N Morgan, D Mc Caul, Joe Mc Mahon, D Carlin; Mackers, Justin Mc Mahon, Ronan Mc Nabb, Sean Cavanagh & Kelvin Hughes, Mark Donnelly, Penrose, P Harte, Steven O Neill, Colm Cavanagh, Conor Mc Aliskey.
SUBS: Coney, (14) Mc Kenna (midfield, 11 and ff) (a Cassidy midfield and ff) etc    I think Tyrone need to hurt teams from close in this year and would go for a big man in f/f with the likes of O Neill and Mc Aliskey taking it off them.  I have went for 2 speedy wing backs in my opinion the current best 2 in Tyrone.  I have 2 of the consistent three best club midfielders in Tyrone in there rewarded for their excellence, Hughes told specifically to add a physical element to the sectorr and let Cavanagh play the football.  My half forward line which will have good days and bad days takes Peties out of the middle and a freeer position on the wing.  I see this line as being a defensive hardworking group who are Tyrone hardest working line on the field.  They take breaks, mark kick outs and track back to free up the half backs to get on up.  I must admit I like it.   A hardworking direct physical team.  Lets face we dont have a great supply of forawrds at the moment I dont think either Ronal O neill or Mc Curry are starters at the moment but have promises.  The best full back in Tyrone is Joe Mc Mahon and I start off by sealing the gaps.  With Mc caul equally adapt beside him or switching, , I believe Sean Cavanagh needs the physicality of Hughes surely but over the last 2 years playing his best football when not injured.,then again maybe too old.   

God14

Quote from: rrhf on April 09, 2013, 11:50:01 PM
Why not you have a go:
N Morgan, D Mc Caul, Joe Mc Mahon, D Carlin; Mackers, Justin Mc Mahon, Ronan Mc Nabb, Sean Cavanagh & Kelvin Hughes, Mark Donnelly, Penrose, P Harte, Steven O Neill, Colm Cavanagh, Conor Mc Aliskey.

.... that team wud only line out the once.

take_yer_points

Quote from: rrhf on April 09, 2013, 11:50:01 PM
Why not you have a go:
SUBS: Coney, (14) Mc Kenna (midfield, 11 and ff) (a Cassidy midfield and ff) etc    I think Tyrone need to hurt teams from close in this year and would go for a big man in f/f with the likes of O Neill and Mc Aliskey taking it off them.  I have went for 2 speedy wing backs in my opinion the current best 2 in Tyrone.  I have 2 of the consistent three best club midfielders in Tyrone in there rewarded for their excellence, Hughes told specifically to add a physical element to the sectorr and let Cavanagh play the football.  My half forward line which will have good days and bad days takes Peties out of the middle and a freeer position on the wing.  I see this line as being a defensive hardworking group who are Tyrone hardest working line on the field.  They take breaks, mark kick outs and track back to free up the half backs to get on up.  I must admit I like it.   A hardworking direct physical team.  Lets face we dont have a great supply of forawrds at the moment I dont think either Ronal O neill or Mc Curry are starters at the moment but have promises.  The best full back in Tyrone is Joe Mc Mahon and I start off by sealing the gaps.  With Mc caul equally adapt beside him or switching, , I believe Sean Cavanagh needs the physicality of Hughes surely but over the last 2 years playing his best football when not injured.,then again maybe too old.   

Throw a few Hetheringtons in there and you might be onto something

Seamus

Kingdom chairman thanks Tyrone as visitors get treated 'royally'
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Kerry GAA chiefs have heaped praise on their Tyrone counterparts following Sunday's Allianz League clash at Healy Park, Omagh.

By Murt Murphy
The build-up to the game had been dominated by stories of bad blood and growing ill-feeling between the counties but Kingdom officials and supporters left the north with nothing but praise for their hosts.

Kerry chairman Patrick O'Sullivan told delegates at the April County Committee said that the visitors were treated 'royally' by his Tyrone counterpart Ciarán McLaughlin and his committee.

After congratulating Eamonn Fitzmaurice and the Kerry team on winning on Sunday and maintaining their top flight status, Mr O'Sullivan said: "I want to thank Tyrone chairman Ciarán McLaughlin and the Tyrone County Board for the warmth of their welcome on Saturday and Sunday.

"We were offered every facility that was available, both before, during and after the game.

"Ciarán McLaughlin was on hand to ensure we were looked after before the game.

"We were treated royally at half-time and even after losing a tight game, Tyrone and Mikey Harte were magnanimous in defeat.

"As Kerry chairman I feel it incumbent on me to publicly acknowledge the wonderful reception Kerry were afforded from Ciarán McLaughlin and all the Tyrone officials.

"It flies in the face of some of the sensational headline grabbing stuff that was printed in the media in the week leading up to the game."

"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

omagh_gael

Yerrah if they'd have lost that headline would read 'Tyrone animals fail to provide egg and onion sandwiches at reception. Kerry chairman stable in hospital following collapse.' ;)