Spitting

Started by ONeill, March 09, 2013, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Longstone v'caufield games were always edgy affairs, even went to the odd Armagh Celtic v Caulfield game to see the rows.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 10, 2013, 06:48:31 PM
They played Offaly today and lost. An Offaly man was sent off on a straight red, I don't know if it was for this incident.

I wonder how the blood injury was caused???

As for anyone spitting, it's a disgusting, kn**ker thing to do, and if our lad did it today I hope he gets 2 months at least.

From what he put up on Twitter it was the guy who spat in his face who was sent off.  Disgusting, vile act and the maximum pnishment should be laid at his door. 

On a side note, I was spat at twice on the football field in my career, once during a schools game and once during a club game.  They were both Tyrone teams and both from the same area.  It was 2 different players and to this day I remember the name of one of them.  This was 20 odd years ago and probably happened in other counties.

Throw ball

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 10, 2013, 09:19:15 PM
They played Offaly today and lost. An Offaly man was sent off on a straight red, I don't know if it was for this incident.

As for anyone spitting, it's a disgusting, kn**ker thing to do, and if our lad did it today I hope he gets 2 months at least.

From what he put up on Twitter it was the guy who spat in his face who was sent off.  Disgusting, vile act and the maximum pnishment should be laid at his door. 

On a side note, I was spat at twice on the football field in my career, once during a schools game and once during a club game.  They were both Tyrone teams and both from the same area.  It was 2 different players and to this day I remember the name of one of them.  This was 20 odd years ago and probably happened in other counties.

Given the start of this thread is interesting to note that it was a Tyrone referee who sent the player off. Maybe he is more used to spotting it. :D

clarshack

was a cowardly act and the cookstown player should get a lengthy ban for it.

dont think he would be as quick to do that in a game away to carrickmore or dromore. 

unfortunately there seems to be a right few scumbags in tyrone gaa at the moment, and something needs to be done to weed them out.

Moortown Spuds

Scummy act that. Real manly of him, I'd say he will regret that before the year is out.  ;) Clarshack is right, not a chance would he try that stunt around the Carmen.

Did the same buck not have a number of run ins with the local police force?

Croí na hÉireann

Disgusting act. Hope he gets the book.

Got a dead leg yesterday from a cowardly knee on my blindside. Hobbling today but would much rather that than someone gobbing in my face, disgusting act.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

stew

Quote from: bennydorano on March 10, 2013, 08:55:52 PM
Longstone v'caufield games were always edgy affairs, even went to the odd Armagh Celtic v Caulfield game to see the rows.

They were Benny, I play in near 20 games against Armagh Celtic and there were a couple of games that were very close to the knuckle, every time we played Caulfield it seemed to be a gutting match!

I was however sad to hear that one of their best players died in Spain after he fell over a balcony from the third floor with a slap of drink in him, I remember the cub full well to, powerful player and it's a shame he went out like that.

I know it is a scummy act alright, I am thinking there are a right few on here who have done it but are keeping the head low, fair play to them, I should have probably as I now feel lower than a dogs bollocks!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Jinxy

Anyone who admits to spitting at an opponent should be banned from the board imho.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

magpie seanie

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 10, 2013, 09:19:15 PM

A little fcuker that I was marking spat at me a couple of years ago. I'll never forget it or his name. His uncle was refereeing the match. We lost despite being much the better team. Those last two sentences are linked. The only thing I could salvage from that day was that I avoided a long suspension.

Hardy

Did you clock him, Seanie?

qubdub

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on March 11, 2013, 10:16:31 AM
Scummy act that. Real manly of him, I'd say he will regret that before the year is out.  ;) Clarshack is right, not a chance would he try that stunt around the Carmen.

Did the same buck not have a number of run ins with the local police force?
They'd beat him to it

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hardy on March 11, 2013, 04:20:15 PM

No. He lost the head at something I said (hard to believe, I know!) and let on he was going to clock me and I begged him to do it. He got taken off by his Daddy (their manager, ref's brother) before the next ball arrived which is probably a good thing as I'd have no doubt bursted myself trying to clip him. That's the condensed version. The longer, more boring version is available any time you have a pint with me....

rrhf

That video is disgusting.   

Hardy

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 11, 2013, 04:34:18 PM

No. He lost the head at something I said (hard to believe, I know!) and let on he was going to clock me and I begged him to do it. He got taken off by his Daddy (their manager, ref's brother) before the next ball arrived which is probably a good thing as I'd have no doubt bursted myself trying to clip him. That's the condensed version. The longer, more boring version is available any time you have a pint with me....

Ah it's a pity. The story deserved to end with him on his back spitting out teeth.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hardy on March 11, 2013, 04:41:13 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 11, 2013, 04:34:18 PM

Ah it's a pity. The story deserved to end with him on his back spitting out teeth.

I know. Sometimes doing the "right thing" feels so wrong. And vice versa.

Must get my knee fixed and go back playing a few games.....