Spitting

Started by ONeill, March 09, 2013, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Jinxy on March 11, 2013, 03:57:44 PM
Anyone who admits to spitting at an opponent should be banned from the board imho.

Right you are Ted, and sure let the wans that did not admit it stay so! :-\
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Jinxy

That's just slobber.
There's a difference.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Yeah, you can't send off a lad for having rabies.

stew

:-[
Quote from: Jinxy on March 11, 2013, 06:20:12 PM
That's just slobber.
There's a difference.

:-[

Shuuuurrrrrre it is!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Fear ón Srath Bán

For all Ricey's miraculous powers, parabolic spitting was not among them.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hardy

There was a touch of the parabolics about him, though.

ONeill

I know a physiotherapist from Mayo who says that couldn't possibly be McMenamin's slabber at that angle. Try it yourself sure.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 11, 2013, 09:15:58 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2013, 08:16:41 PM
I know a physiotherapist from Mayo who says that couldn't possibly be McMenamin's slabber at that angle. Try it yourself sure.
As I've said before, the tail end of that spittle is in the opposite direction of McMenamin while his lips aren't open or puffed out in a way that you'd need to project it. Far more likely he was spat on.
He could do with a wash.

I remember playing in a school year blitz at St. Mary's in Belfast in 87/88 and when one of our players held out his hand to shake hands at the end of the match, the hero from the opposition landed a greener in his hand. Classy!

Minder

In tmro's Irish News: Tyrone and Cookstown ace Owen Mulligan makes startling claims against All-Ireland Club final opponents Finuge

Let me guess, "they called us black bastards"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jinxy

I was wondering when the counter-offensive would start.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Moortown Spuds

According to Mugsy it was far far worse than the normal Laois slabbering about being the queen's subjects. Mugsy claimed on social media last night that there were derogatory comments made that would make your blood boil.

Still doesn't justify the actions of the Cookstown player but does give us an insight into the mentality of Kerry people.

Tyrone Gaels have a nasty spiteful side to them, at least its not hidden. Others, Kerry especially, have a holier than thou aura, but its obvious that they are a rotten bunch.

ballinaman

Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2013, 08:16:41 PM
Zzzzzz..... ;)

Declan

THE bitter Kerry-Tyrone enmity has taken yet another twist with Owen Mulligan launching an impassioned defence of his club and a team-mate amidst more allegations of a spitting incident in a high-profile GAA match.

Mulligan's club Fr Rock's from Cookstown won last month's All-Ireland intermediate football final by beating a Finuge side featuring Kerry star Paul Galvin in Croke Park.

But over the weekend a video clip of an incident in that match surfaced on YouTube appearing to show Galvin being spat on.

The clip shows Galvin wiping his face and then protesting to Mulligan (above), who was on the field but was not involved in the alleged spitting incident.

The latest allegation comes as Tyrone County Board lay a charge of disrepute against a fan for allegedly spitting at Donegal's Footballer of the Year Karl Lacey after their recent league match in Omagh, and Leitrim forward Emlyn Mulligan's allegation that he was spat at during his side's defeat to Offaly in Sunday's football league Division 4 fixture in Carrick-on-Shannon.

Mulligan took to his twitter and Facebook accounts yesterday to vigorously defend the position of his club after the video clip made its way into the public domain. On Twitter, he said the spitting allegations were "out of control."

Mulligan claims the match was played against the backdrop of abusive comments but says in a very strongly-worded statement posted on his Facebook page that he is a firm believer that "what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch". As a consequence, he didn't want to go into detail of what was said immediately after the game, saying "the GAA has had enough negative press recently."

When contacted by the Irish Independent last night Mulligan re-iterated his support for his club and outlined how verbal abuse and sledging had become "unfortunately a strong part of the game.

heffo

Did the Cookstown player spit on Galvin when he had his back turned or not?