Tir Eoghain v Dún na nGall - NFL Roinn 1 Babhta 3 - Dé Domhnaigh 3rd Márta 2pm

Started by ziggysego, February 13, 2013, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: bennydorano on March 03, 2013, 09:27:55 PM
I didn't say anything to get a rise, just my opinion, i dont rate either & would say they're both weaklinks. Being a shotstopper has to be a given for a goalie? Being slow, unfit & overweight hardly adds to his game. Mark Donnelly is so unathletic for a top level forward imo & doesn't count when hardies come to hardies.

This is an odd post
That was never a square ball!!

DuffleKing

I didn't say anything to get a rise, just my opinion, i dont rate either & would say they're both weaklinks. Being a shotstopper has to be a given for a goalie? Being slow, unfit & overweight hardly adds to his game. Mark Donnelly is so unathletic for a top level forward imo & doesn't count when hardies come to hardies.

He's hardly a forward in the traditional sense

bennydorano

BennyHarp

Quote from: bennydorano on March 03, 2013, 11:06:38 PM
I dont rate him, not the end of the world.

Sorry, I think I may have misread your post, I thought you were saying Mark Donnelly was unfit and overweight. That's what I thought was odd.
That was never a square ball!!

maggie

The donegal supporters behind us today didnt rate either SON or Sean Cav. Apparently they are both too old now to play football. (Was delighted that Sean then scored a lovely point from play) They also seemed to be annoyed with Morgan coming up to take frees. He was being told to stay in his box where he belonged. All in all a good result but it will be an interesting follow up game in May.

imtommygunn

Quote from: everymanaman on March 03, 2013, 10:18:49 PM
Donnelly 'Unathletic'? Is there such a word? In the fitness tests undertaken by the Tyrone players his fitness level was the equivalent of a professional soccer player. He is one of the first names on Harte's team sheet. Quite right as well.

He's not a bad player but he carries the ball too much - way too much. Last year he continually carried it into tackles, slowing the game down or losing possession and it cost tyrone. If he learns from that well worth his place. Blanket defenses aren't as prevalent in the league so you won't see that so much.

ck

Any truth in the rumour that Tyrone fans spat on Karl Lacey today in the stand?
If so it's appalling. Tyrone fans (club and county) are developing a poor rep over recent years.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

J70

Quote from: BluestackBoy on March 03, 2013, 10:18:09 PM
Quote from: ck on March 03, 2013, 09:44:26 PM
Jimmys loosing matches, Jimmys loosing games,
Jimmys too busy with Celtic to bring Sam back to Donegal again!

If you are going to post something as juvenile as that at least get the spelling right, it's "losing".

ck has some kind of hard-on for Donegal, or maybe its just Jim McGuinness!

omagh_gael

Good to pin another 2 points to the board, onwards now to give the langers a lashing.

cadhlancian

Quote from: ck on March 03, 2013, 11:34:54 PM
Any truth in the rumour that Tyrone fans spat on Karl Lacey today in the stand?
If so it's appalling. Tyrone fans (club and county) are developing a poor rep over recent years.
jesus Christ!! Gobshites like you are what destroys this f**king board! Asking if anybody heard  a " rumour" about something ridiculous like that. Then you judge Tyrone as a whole on something that is more than likely a pile of shite. Wise up FFS!!! Rant over!

INDIANA

Average game I thought characterised by the usual off the ball stuff, verbals etc. Made poor viewing.

You'd wonder how many a side it will be in the championship at the end.

Tyrone have certainly improved and will be up there this year. Donegal look a little behind fitness wise which you'd expect.

nrico2006

Quote from: J70 on March 03, 2013, 06:31:53 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 03, 2013, 04:46:49 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 03, 2013, 04:29:28 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 03, 2013, 04:26:21 PM
Good win for Tyrone. The sending off took the sting out of the game but Tyrone looked the sharper team anyway. It will be some game in the championship. I suspect Tyrone will have too much for  Donegal if all the panel remain fit. They would have had too much last year if all were fit as well.

By that logic, Tyrone would have been AI champions last year then, given that everyone else they met couldn't match Donegal. A ten point plus turnaround in Tyrone's result against Kerry too.

Weren't you one of the boys giving the Mayo lads abuse the other week for unfounded arrogance?

As far as I remember it was 2 points last year. In my opinion the players that were missing would have been worth 2 points on the day. Donegal grew with every game and won the all Ireland. I don't think Tyrone could have pushed on like Donegal did.

Fair enough, but would they have made the difference when Tyrone were held scoreless for 35 minutes? Sean Cavanagh played in 2011 and Tyrone still didn't win (and were similarly starved for scores for very long stretchs, losing a five point lead).

Anyway, we can all point to this or that in close games over the years, whether its refereeing decisions or missing players or bad misses or whatever. We were poor today, but had the referee given the second penalty as he should and we scored it, who knows what might have happened?

What second penalty?  I didn't see anything that should have been given as a penalty that wasn't.

As for Tyrone, decent result and considering the number of young players on the team things are progressing well.  Still a lot of talent to come into the team via the like of Coney, Colm Cavanagh, McNabb and Ronan O'Neill.  Cassidy looked very laboured when he comeon yesterday too, surprised he got on given his only recent return to the panel.  What about SONs cross field ball for the goal chance yesterday, unreal.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

God14

I actually thought cassidy was a significant improvement in the midfield sector when he came on. Id say he performed better in 35mins than Michael Murphy did. Id imagine if he can stay injury free between now & may he will fancy his chances of nailing a starting 15 spot.

Niall morgan is a great addition to the Tyrone panel. I am sure that Mickey & Tony will have a chat to him about controlling his emotions (he had a rush of blood to the head last March for the swifts and picked up a needless suspension) however that shouldnt take away from his MOTM display. He's a young fella and is learning on the job.

The old guard of Joe McMahon, Sean Cavanagh & SON all had great games yesterday. Thought it was harsh replacing McAliskey so soon. He should have had a goal (again) however i thought he showed up well for the ball & penrose didnt really improve the full forward line in shape or form.

Justin McMahon's injury is a worry - any updates on that?

Carmen Stateside

This is the part that convinces me Benny that you haven't a clue!