Tir Eoghain v Dún na nGall - NFL Roinn 1 Babhta 3 - Dé Domhnaigh 3rd Márta 2pm

Started by ziggysego, February 13, 2013, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: Rawhide on March 03, 2013, 06:34:13 PM
Tyrone won as they are fitter, very obvious to see. When they meet in the championship fitness will be 50/50 and I expect Donegal to win.
Correct, it can make all the difference at this time of year. Tyrone are better than i thought tbh, i still think Mark Donnelly is nowhere near the required standard (when push comes to shove), i'd have similar opinions re Durcan in Donegal's nets - a liability & never looks anywhere near fit.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Quote from: ONeill on March 03, 2013, 08:46:46 PM
Mark Donnelly - really? I think he's crucial to Tyrone.

He covers a lot of ground getting plenty of work done. Well worth his place.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: EC Unique on March 03, 2013, 08:48:57 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 03, 2013, 08:46:46 PM
Mark Donnelly - really? I think he's crucial to Tyrone.

He covers a lot of ground getting plenty of work done. Well worth his place.

Yep, one of the most industrious on the park.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

donegal lad

Quote from: bennydorano on March 03, 2013, 07:35:29 PM
Quote from: Rawhide on March 03, 2013, 06:34:13 PM
Tyrone won as they are fitter, very obvious to see. When they meet in the championship fitness will be 50/50 and I expect Donegal to win.
Correct, it can make all the difference at this time of year. Tyrone are better than i thought tbh, i still think Mark Donnelly is nowhere near the required standard (when push comes to shove), i'd have similar opinions re Durcan in Donegal's nets - a liability & never looks anywhere near fit.
Did you watch Donegal much the last 2 years. Reason why I'm asking is because Paul durcanhas been a massive influence in donegals success. Otis can be seen by him getting an all star award last year and his save against Tyrone last year is as good a save as you will see anywhere

JHume

Quote from: everymanaman on March 03, 2013, 07:22:57 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 03, 2013, 05:36:18 PM
Tyrone showing a bit of pedigree today, was great to see. I was worried coming into this match, facing the current Ulster and All-Ireland Championships. Although Donegal ended up with 13 men, I did feel Tyrone were in control of the game. A good mixture of old and new players getting on the score sheet - 8 different players.

Niall Mogan - 0-03
Mark Donnelly 0-01
Sean Cavanagh 0-02
Peter Harte 0-02
Ronan McNamee 0-01
Joe McMahan 0-01
Stephen O'Neill 1-02
Ryan McKenna 0-01

A great penalty save by Morgan, but the carry on afterwards wasn't needed. Murphy was unfortunate to get off, but it was technically a yellow card. The ref should have used a bit of common sense here. Donegal didn't really have much of a scoring threat after this.

Donegal also were denied a clear penalty too, in the second half.

All and all, Tyrone were the better team and another two points on the board is great to have.
There's no such thing as common sense in the rule book. The referee was totally correct in his application of the 2 yellow cards for Murphy. He isn't under any obligation to keep 15 players on the field. He is there to apply the rules and if the players don't comply then they reap the consequences.

No, the referee was entirely wrong in the first yellow card given to Michael Murphy when he was unable to distinguish between a dangerous tackle around the neck, and a light hand on the shoulder.

Murphys challenge on Matthew Donnelly was a free kick, but not a yellow card in a month of Sundays. Similar challenges went unpunished with card during the remainder of the game.

It came quite early in the game, at a time when the ref was trying to stamp his authority on by carding minor incidents. But was most assuredly the wrong call. And the referee's failure to consistently card such incidents for the remainder of the game was frustrating.

And to think that the FRC are considering giving the clowns in the middle even more powers and maybe a black card to add to all the rest! The mind boggles.

Murphy can have no complaint about the second yellow though. It was reckless to go sliding in like that.

I have to say I was mightily amused by the pantomimesque booing from the Tyrone wans in the stand as Murphy made the long walk.

Almost as amusing as the great guttural roar they gave the Tyrone team at half time.

Steady on chaps, it's only the league.

bennydorano

I didn't say anything to get a rise, just my opinion, i dont rate either & would say they're both weaklinks. Being a shotstopper has to be a given for a goalie? Being slow, unfit & overweight hardly adds to his game. Mark Donnelly is so unathletic for a top level forward imo & doesn't count when hardies come to hardies.

ck

Jimmys loosing matches, Jimmys loosing games,
Jimmys too busy with Celtic to bring Sam back to Donegal again!

ONeill

Quote from: bennydorano on March 03, 2013, 09:27:55 PM
I didn't say anything to get a rise, just my opinion, i dont rate either & would say they're both weaklinks. Being a shotstopper has to be a given for a goalie? Being slow, unfit & overweight hardly adds to his game. Mark Donnelly is so unathletic for a top level forward imo & doesn't count when hardies come to hardies.

Must be another Mark Donnelly. Definitely not the one who burst through the centre of Donegal's defence for one of Tyrone's early points or the Mark Donnelly sweeping around his own full back line a minute later.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Tyrone deserved to win today. They are flying at the moment and it is easy to see why their supporters were huffed when many dismissed them as serious contenders for the coming year. But this is the league, teams are at different levels, have different goals, resting players and getting players ready from injury for the real McCoy. Still Mr Harte has to be happy heading of from the stadium this evening.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Mark Donnelly is so unathletic for a top level forward imo & doesn't count when hardies come to hardies.

Have you actually seen him live, seriously, or are you just going on your own very limited perceptions, i.e., as limited as the dimensions on your TV, computer, etc.?

bennydorano

BluestackBoy

Quote from: ck on March 03, 2013, 09:44:26 PM
Jimmys loosing matches, Jimmys loosing games,
Jimmys too busy with Celtic to bring Sam back to Donegal again!

If you are going to post something as juvenile as that at least get the spelling right, it's "losing".
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

everymanaman

Donnelly 'Unathletic'? Is there such a word? In the fitness tests undertaken by the Tyrone players his fitness level was the equivalent of a professional soccer player. He is one of the first names on Harte's team sheet. Quite right as well.

Fear ón Srath Bán