Tir Eoghain v Dún na nGall - NFL Roinn 1 Babhta 3 - Dé Domhnaigh 3rd Márta 2pm

Started by ziggysego, February 13, 2013, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: EC Unique on March 06, 2013, 02:24:39 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on March 06, 2013, 11:51:29 AM
EC where do you think is Petey's best position?
Where would he rather play himself? Did he line out at FF a few times for ye?

I heard a few lads saying that McGee was punching Stevie off the ball all day trying to get a reaction.
Did anyone else see that?

He was very effective for us last year at number 6. That is fine at club level I'm not sure at county. FF is not his position IMO as one of his best qualities is running at teams with the ball. I actually would like to see him tried at midfield as he can attack and defend when required, he is physical enough and has a fantastic engine.

After Tyrones problems in midfield over the years, you think Mickey should try a man shy of 6ft in there? Come on man pull yourself together. Peter Harte is a quality player but needs to be deployed in the half back line like he is for club and province. Here he will be constantly involved and the foundation to the majority of Tyrones attacks.

Fuzzman

I don't think the bad feeling between the two has got too bad as yet but I am just saying it could be growing in the years ahead.
Like Donegal have had to listen to us all during the 00's and naturally enough they wanted to get in on the action themselves.
Now they've beaten us the last two year and are current AI champions so all I'm saying is the rivalry is already there and both have got loads of young lads who like their drink.

I know quite a lot of Tyrone lads would go to Letterkenny or Ballybofey at weekends & Donegal locals aren't too keen on them. So I'm just saying should we beat them this May and a group of drunken Tyrone lads go on the lash down there it could be interesting.

Ahhhh maybe I'm just getting old and miserable.
The big 40 today.

Rois

Happy birthday Fuzz!  Can't believe you're 40. 

But you are just getting old and miserable.  Sure Strabane DC kept up the jerseys on the Tinnies long after September (until the DUP demanded they be taken down) so the feeling can't be too bad on our side of the Mourne/Finn/Foyle. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

nrico2006

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 07, 2013, 04:04:30 PM
No bad blood between Donegal & Tyrone:

http://strabanechronicle.com/2013/03/strabne-artists-do-their-bit-for-the-gathering/

:)

You mustn't have ever tried walking from across the Lifford Bridge on a Friday night, they would throw you over it if they got the chance.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 07, 2013, 04:48:42 PM
You mustn't have ever tried walking from across the Lifford Bridge on a Friday night, they would throw you over it if they got the chance.

Plenty of Saturday nights, when the Pink Paradiso was in its pomp!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...