Author Topic: Tir Eoghain v Dún na nGall - NFL Roinn 1 Babhta 3 - Dé Domhnaigh 3rd Márta 2pm  (Read 18543 times)

EC Unique

• View Profile
Constantly clipping, pulling, elbowing, dragging, mouthing etc at O'Neill, right up to (and after) the final whistle. Neil Gallagher was almost as bad, but at least he (eventually) got lined.

Are the umpires now wired up the ref now or just the linesmen?
Why at this level do these incidents not get brought to the refs attention. It just adds to the frustration and then usually the forward starts to do the same back. Quite often its only then that the umpires or ref does something and books the two of them.

I've actually noticed Stevie this year seems to have a bit more mettle and can give as good as he's getting with a bit more cuteness in how not to get caught. I really would love to see umpires and linesmen deal with this behaviour much more and less of this shite "Ah its part and parcel of the game" RUBBISH.

Don't worry lads from other counties. I know you'll say its rich us poor Tyronies complaining as we do our fair share of it but I'm only saying I'd like to see it reported more and those be punished rather than just accepting it.

The other thing that a lot of fans seem to never contemplate is how they represent their county outside of it. I've heard from several men from different counties about the spitting incident and how we're a disgrace. To some fans this is not a big deal and sure look at their tactics on the pitch but unless we all make this behaviour totally unaccepted by one and all then it will continue to happen.

I'd love to see our county board put something in place where we can identify similar situations and get these individuals punished in some way. Of course every county has it's fair share of assholes but we in Tyrone are definitely up there with the worst of them.
I know its not a topic we like to bring up again but do we just continue to brush it under the carpet again and hope it doesn't rise again.
The bad feeling between Donegal & Tyrone is definitely growing and as a lot of Tyrone people go to Donegal for weekend nightclubs etc it could get much worse over the years to come.

Good post.

Wasn't aware of any bad feeling between our counties! Haven't been home in a few years however!

I live here in Tyrone and was not aware of it! Does not exist IMO. Local rivals yes but no more than any other county..

J70

• View Profile
Yeah, I'd be surprised.

I'm sure there'll be the odd bit of aggro between drunken lads on Saturday night in The Abbey in Donegal Town, and plenty of inflamed passions during games, but that's to be expected.

TwoUpTwoDown

• View Profile
EC where do you think is Petey's best position?
Where would he rather play himself? Did he line out at FF a few times for ye?

I heard a few lads saying that McGee was punching Stevie off the ball all day trying to get a reaction.
Did anyone else see that?

He was very effective for us last year at number 6. That is fine at club level I'm not sure at county. FF is not his position IMO as one of his best qualities is running at teams with the ball. I actually would like to see him tried at midfield as he can attack and defend when required, he is physical enough and has a fantastic engine.

After Tyrones problems in midfield over the years, you think Mickey should try a man shy of 6ft in there? Come on man pull yourself together. Peter Harte is a quality player but needs to be deployed in the half back line like he is for club and province. Here he will be constantly involved and the foundation to the majority of Tyrones attacks.

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
I don't think the bad feeling between the two has got too bad as yet but I am just saying it could be growing in the years ahead.
Like Donegal have had to listen to us all during the 00's and naturally enough they wanted to get in on the action themselves.
Now they've beaten us the last two year and are current AI champions so all I'm saying is the rivalry is already there and both have got loads of young lads who like their drink.

I know quite a lot of Tyrone lads would go to Letterkenny or Ballybofey at weekends & Donegal locals aren't too keen on them. So I'm just saying should we beat them this May and a group of drunken Tyrone lads go on the lash down there it could be interesting.

Ahhhh maybe I'm just getting old and miserable.
The big 40 today.

J70

• View Profile
Happy birthday lad!!

Rois

• View Profile
Happy birthday Fuzz!  Can't believe you're 40. 

But you are just getting old and miserable.  Sure Strabane DC kept up the jerseys on the Tinnies long after September (until the DUP demanded they be taken down) so the feeling can't be too bad on our side of the Mourne/Finn/Foyle. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

• View Profile
    • Cumann Mhic Sioghair CLG, An Srath Bán
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

nrico2006

• View Profile
No bad blood between Donegal & Tyrone:

http://strabanechronicle.com/2013/03/strabne-artists-do-their-bit-for-the-gathering/

:)

You mustn't have ever tried walking from across the Lifford Bridge on a Friday night, they would throw you over it if they got the chance.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fear ón Srath Bán

• View Profile
    • Cumann Mhic Sioghair CLG, An Srath Bán
You mustn't have ever tried walking from across the Lifford Bridge on a Friday night, they would throw you over it if they got the chance.

Plenty of Saturday nights, when the Pink Paradiso was in its pomp!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...